Bug Reports

Use this space for bug reports or to discuss site functionality and statistics.

Postby Badger » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:38 am

Nevermind. I'm having the same problem as a few others with mail.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby AntiM » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:12 pm

Yeah, I'm getting "user does not exist." But I don't feel like exploring the meta-physical nature of reality and the eplaya ....
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby spectabillis » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:29 pm

it was reported to the exaulted and holy powers that be through sacrificial prayer and emails through the ethereal... got no reply yet but... hey, god does not have a timetable and if i piss it off its likely to flick another astroid at this great spinning ball of wax we cling to.
spectabillis

Postby robbidobbs » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:56 am

Can we delete this guy?
viewtopic.php?p=302342#302342
robbidobbs

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Dept of Over-Engineering

Postby OregonRed » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:12 am

Ok, I have a technical issue. I click on a topic, say "In two words..." and I get the message "No posts exist for this topic." I am fully aware that posts DO exist for that topic, as it happened right after I posted to that topic. It's happening on a couple different threads, and it's rather annoying. Can we fix this? Or can you tell me how to fix it, and I will do so.
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

OregonRed

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Postby Dork » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:44 am

OregonRed wrote:Ok, I have a technical issue. I click on a topic, say "In two words..." and I get the message "No posts exist for this topic." I am fully aware that posts DO exist for that topic, as it happened right after I posted to that topic. It's happening on a couple different threads, and it's rather annoying. Can we fix this? Or can you tell me how to fix it, and I will do so.

It's a known issue with long threads. As I understand it, the indexing gets thrown off... say there's 300 posts, which would give it 10 pages. The board thinks there's 301 posts for some reason, so it throws up a link to page 11. When you go there you get the error. You have to click on the little 10 link to get the actual latest page.

If someone posts another reply in that topic it will fix the index temporarily, until it hits the next sweet spot.

No eta on the fix, but it's on my list. I've been looking at PHPBB bug reports and haven't found anyone mentioning it.

viewtopic.php?t=15360
Dork

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:40 am

Dork wrote:
OregonRed wrote:Ok, I have a technical issue. I click on a topic, say "In two words..." and I get the message "No posts exist for this topic." I am fully aware that posts DO exist for that topic, as it happened right after I posted to that topic. It's happening on a couple different threads, and it's rather annoying. Can we fix this? Or can you tell me how to fix it, and I will do so.

It's a known issue with long threads. As I understand it, the indexing gets thrown off... say there's 300 posts, which would give it 10 pages. The board thinks there's 301 posts for some reason, so it throws up a link to page 11. When you go there you get the error. You have to click on the little 10 link to get the actual latest page.

If someone posts another reply in that topic it will fix the index temporarily, until it hits the next sweet spot.

No eta on the fix, but it's on my list. I've been looking at PHPBB bug reports and haven't found anyone mentioning it.

viewtopic.php?t=15360

It actually has to do with the spammers. Even if the spam posts are eradicated, the server still thinks those are there filling a space. It's the difference between an actual sensor determining how many posts there are and how many posts have been put on a certain thread.

RE the Bar thread. A LOT of spam has been removed. The server thinks there are 17 more posts than there are, because of the 17 spams removed. We ARE working on a solution, but it's not as easy as one would think (one of the downfalls of phpBB...)

And the spammers? They really could care if you can use the board or not - - as long as they get their links up to get their hit counter higher for their sex and pharmacy and whatever sites, they don't care if NO ONE can use a phpBB board. For them it's a jewel they can steal, and they're happy to do it.
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Dork » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:52 pm

It doesn't appear to be caused by deleting messages. More details in this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=15360
Dork

Postby Archantael » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:56 pm

5:20 PM CDT:

phpBB : Critical Error

Error doing DB query userdata row fetch

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 145 Table './phpbb/phpbb_users' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

SELECT u.* FROM phpbb_users u, phpbb_sessions_keys k WHERE u.user_id = 2533 AND u.user_active = 1 AND k.user_id = u.user_id AND k.key_id = '634e567142ae5fab1d527903fa856a8d'

Line : 89
File : sessions.php

Any idea on what happened?
Archantael

Postby Dork » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:04 pm

Spanky posted this:
viewtopic.php?p=305863

There may be some lingering issues, I'm looking into it now.
Dork

Postby Dork » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:32 pm

Looks like one account was wiped out, which in turn messed up indexing in the bar again. Should be back to normal again.
Dork

Postby PurpleKoosh » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:55 pm

Has it been noted somewhere that DST hasn't kicked in? All my timestamps are coming up an hour early.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.
PurpleKoosh

Burning Since: 2003

Postby Dork » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:58 pm

I don't think the board has ever paid attention to daylight savings time. You need to go into your profile and changing the timezone back an hour (-7 for us Pacific folk) then change it back in the fall.
Dork

Postby Box Burner » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:06 pm

I mentioned this before and I am not a programmer. But this is what I think it is. When you click on post reply it reserves an index point in the thread. This index point is a floating point until it is saved, and then becomes fixed on the page. So if 2 or more peeps click on post reply the sequence in which their posts show up on the thread is determined by who submits their post first. Now, there is no way to cancel a post, so what everyone does is click back into the thread or go to another one. Since the post has not actually been cancelled the index point just keeps floating ahead of posts that are actually submitted. Not a problem in small threads. Even if the index point is only one pixel wide it is concievable that eventually there will be enough of them in a large thread to cause a problem. So I may be very wrong but that is what I think it is.
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby Dork » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:17 pm

Box Burner wrote:So I may be very wrong but that is what I think it is.

Sorry, that's not quite how the code works. Clicking reply doesn't do anything other than draw the form. The magic all happens after you click "Submit".

Both indexing problems were caused by database glitches that resulted in related tables getting out of sync. They were both fixed by restoring or deleting values from the database so they would be matched up again.
Dork

Postby Box Burner » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:29 pm

well so much for that theory. :oops:
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby Archantael » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:24 pm

Apologies for the recent brief outage. We exceeded our power usage in our colocation facility while installing a new server. Steps are being taken to ensure this type of outage won't happen again. Thanks for you patience through this.

~Spanky

WTF? Are you kidding me? Adding one server caused a power outage that brought down the house? What kind of Mickey Mouse operation is being run over there?

I'm sorry but I can't help but call BULLSHIT. If power is so tight that adding one server brings the house down there are FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEMS that seriously need to be addressed. If nothing else the ORG is getting royally screwed in it's deal with the co-location facility. I called contacts I have both work related and the ones that run my K-Space servers, explained this situation to them to ask what they thought and the roars of hysterical laughter said all I needed to hear. Again...BULLSHIT.
Archantael

Postby helitack » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:44 pm

helitack

Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Postby Lassen Forge » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:43 am

Archantael wrote:
Apologies for the recent brief outage. We exceeded our power usage in our colocation facility while installing a new server. Steps are being taken to ensure this type of outage won't happen again. Thanks for you patience through this.

~Spanky

WTF? Are you kidding me? Adding one server caused a power outage that brought down the house? What kind of Mickey Mouse operation is being run over there?

I'm sorry but I can't help but call BULLSHIT. If power is so tight that adding one server brings the house down there are FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEMS that seriously need to be addressed. If nothing else the ORG is getting royally screwed in it's deal with the co-location facility. I called contacts I have both work related and the ones that run my K-Space servers, explained this situation to them to ask what they thought and the roars of hysterical laughter said all I needed to hear. Again...BULLSHIT.

What if... now I know this is so far fetched as to make you really laugh... and I really have no idea what I'm talking about... but what if said servers are in the basement of the llc hq and they're all plugged into a single 20 amp circuit (say a couple of overextended wall sockets) and the breaker goes when they plug that new server and overload the 60 year old wiring?

Just because someone calls themself a server farm doesn't necessarily mean they have 3 floors of a 52 story building in downtown NYC... it could be, actually, in someone's backyard shed. Or under the desk of a small office in the SF HQ. If you knew the "backup server farm" we have for our work email system (and remember, this is a state agency) you would probably *really* laugh...

Know what I call BS on? It sure seems like people are quick to call the llc a bunch of lily-livered bullshit artists EVERY time they discover that Burning man, rather than being a multi billion dollar conglomerate with branch manufaccturing and sales offices in 26 major and 11 minor countries worldwide, it's essentially just a small scale fucking local event.

And contrary to how this post may seem, I'm not a lackey or an apologist for the org... I just get a bit tired of how people tend to be really quick to say how absolutely full of shit ANYHING that comes from the llc is. Even if it could likely be the truth.

Sorry... but what the fuck? You don't have your own 12 KV line and private transformers into your backyard shed? You don't have 4 mainframe units to check your email at home? Your employer doesn't have its own nuclear power facility? I call bullshit!!!

-ahem- /rant off...-

:oops: bb
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby helitack » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:42 pm

helitack

Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:52 pm

OK why are there advertisments now showing up:

DEV EPLAYA!!

Watched Topics FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Contact Management Profile No new messages Log out [ Apollonaris Zeus ]
Official Burningman Merchandise
Protect the Burning Man trademark! Buy direct from the source. LED Lights Burning
12volt, battery operated strings Man, you will love these lights!

Advertise on this site

ePlaya Forum Index

this is showing up on the top of the pages!

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Dork » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:01 pm

Sorry, I'm still learning my way around. The DEV EPLAYA text has been removed.
Dork

Postby MozyBonz » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:08 pm

Dork wrote:Sorry, I'm still learning my way around. The DEV EPLAYA text has been removed.

LOL!!
MozyBonz

Postby Jus Say Ventura » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:12 pm

Dork wrote:Sorry, I'm still learning my way around. The DEV EPLAYA text has been removed.

I still see the ads!

and you wonder why I had to ask about brimstone
"Da Mind, Da Bod! Da Governor of BRC!"
(Governor since 2001)
Jus Say Ventura

Postby Dork » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:19 pm

As you may know, support and management of Eplaya has been transitioned over to volunteers such as Bay Bridge Sue, AntiM, and Spectabillis. In order to fund future development and cover hosting costs, we have decided to install a mod that places relevant ads at the top of each page. We have done our best to make sure its intrusion to the user experience is limited.

Some of the ad links are not working yet, if you encounter one of these please refresh the page and try a new one. We are working on the problem and sourcing a greater variety of ads for your viewing pleasure in the near future.

Thanks for your participation and support!
Dork

Postby wedeliver » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:22 pm

Dork wrote:As you may know, support and management of Eplaya has been transitioned over to volunteers such as Bay Bridge Sue, AntiM, and Spectabillis. In order to fund future development and cover hosting costs, we have decided to install a mod that places relevant ads at the top of each page. We have done our best to make sure its intrusion to the user experience is limited.

Some of the ad links are not working yet, if you encounter one of these please refresh the page and try a new one. We are working on the problem and sourcing a greater variety of ads for your viewing pleasure in the near future.

Thanks for your participation and support!

I think the idea sucks
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby spectabillis » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:34 pm

wedeliver wrote:I think the idea sucks

maybe, but its a hell of a lot better than holding a fundraiser or having the org raise the cash with higher ticket prices.
spectabillis

Postby wedeliver » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:11 pm

spectabillis wrote:
wedeliver wrote:I think the idea sucks

maybe, but its a hell of a lot better than holding a fundraiser or having the org raise the cash with higher ticket prices.

Isn't that a matter of opinion? I disagree. as a matter of fact I think this portends the end of BurningMan as a gifting society. With no commerce we could let our guard down when we meet people. we know they don't want money from us. but with eplaya selling out quite litterally I can feel a change a comin. also dear spectabillis, you posted on tribe the following...

post on tribe........

Now that we have additional help on board its time to take things to a new level! In order to fund development and cover hosting costs, we have decided to install a mod that places google ads relevant to whatever topic is being discussed. It should only be a few paragraphs located in the upper right corner of each topic to limit its intrusion to the user experience."

christ, that makes the eplaya just as bad as TRIBE! the volunteers are a dedicated bunch, they volunteer YEAR ROUND and not just for a few weeks. i dont understand this change in direction, the eplaya was one of the last holdouts against bringing commerce into the event. now the org wants to cover hosting costs by using google adsense for stupic ads about 420 ringtones, fishermans pants, and low-cost el-wire?

fucking lame.
..........end of tribe post.

Just might be the head cold I am dealing with but it kinda sounds like you are talking out of "both sides of your mouth" I am at a loss to understand why you question me, but post the above.. can you 'splain ricky??

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby Toolmaker » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:28 pm

I think its a great idea. I ordered the Thai fisherman pants with removable crotch. I can't wait to try them on and shock the neighbors. I got one of the Queensryche ringtones but it sucked so I went back to the Snoop Dogg ringtone.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby wedeliver » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:43 pm

damn damn damn damn dman bman............I hate clowns..........I wish I had more patients...like the doc said call me in the morning.

I love burningman and the fucking clowns

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

PreviousNext

Return to Site Function