HEEEEEELP

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Re: You know your a Burner When....

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:06 pm

scotto wrote:Someone says 'PVC' and you think 'Shade Structure' before 'Sprinkler Pipe'
and after sexy dress.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Re: You know your a Burner When....

Postby Toolmaker » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:47 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
scotto wrote:Someone says 'PVC' and you think 'Shade Structure' before 'Sprinkler Pipe'
and after sexy dress.

I agree wholeheartedly!!!

PVC is oh soo sexy.. though I tend to prefer a coating of liquid latex for myself.. the PVC is for the wifey.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby mdmf007 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:59 pm

IMHO - I believe most litter is from poorly secured loads, crap in the back of trucks, etc.

later
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby SpaceCowboy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:40 pm

OMG!! All I think about is Burning Man. My wife just ask me to stoppping thinking about Burning Man long enough to do our taxes.
SpaceCowboy

Postby AntiM » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:07 am

Taxes? OMFG!
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

ugh

Postby BonnietheCajunQueen » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:25 am

The only reason I'm doing my taxes this year is because of Burning Man!!
I'm Bm-curious.
BonnietheCajunQueen

Re: ugh

Postby mdmf007 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:16 am

BonnietheCajunQueen wrote:The only reason I'm doing my taxes this year is because of Burning Man!!

Me Too - An to avoid Jail - garnishment, liens, judgements, etc...

later all
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby Barbie » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:56 am

If I was getting money back I would do my Taxes LOL teeeheeee--
And I understand about ALL YOU THINK ABOUT IS BURNING MAN I was dreaming of the man so when I woke up I turned on the computer and see what the eplaya had to say today.......I'm really really bad The wind is blowing here this morn. in Hawaii like It does in BRC
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!
Barbie

Burning man. burning, burning, burning. Get out of my HEAD!!

Postby icehawk » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:41 am

This will also be my first burning man. I've known about it for years, and have thought, "That would be fun." But now that I'm in Cali and within driving distance, give or take. Like you, I cannot get the idea out of my head. This is the year I make it!

Thus, I'm checking out the eplaya forums after midnight on a Sunday, again. I don't want to get too tangled up in preconceptions. But, I'm chomping at the bit for August to get here. I'm picturing my camp setup, what tools, supplies, etc to bring. How much beer will I need to last... Etc...

We'll be throwing our second annual "Katrina Survivors" party on Saturday the 25th so I can head out for Burning man on Sunday. (Hung over of course).

So, on the 29th, I'll be the fool doing a day long drunk in celebration of having my ass handed to me by momma nature.

Anyhow. You are not alone in your anxiety to break your Burning Man virginity!

Rich/Icehawk
Rich
Monterey, CA
icehawk

Re: HEEEEEELP

Postby prem » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:56 am

SpaceCowboy wrote:I CAN'T STAND IT I AM GOING CRAZY!!!!!

I am a first time burner and all I can think about is getting on the playa. It seems to occupy my every thought. And there are so many months to go.

Am I losing it or could this be the norm? The norm? I hate the thought of being normal.

Anybody else have this same problem?

I'm with you man, this will be my first year and I'm getting antsy already with another 6 months to go. My only saving grace is the fact that I have two other warm up "festivals" planned between now and then. So I'll have a few opportunities to get my camp gear sorted out.
Peace, Love and Shambhala
prem

Postby SpaceCowboy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:03 am

It appears I am not alone with my excitement. I have heard the same thing from a lot of people. I think it is the same for a lot of old timers as well.
SpaceCowboy

Postby Lorgasm » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:44 pm

You think thoughts of the burn are madenning now...Wait another month or two...That's when the real fun starts. The smell of Playa Dust will soon find its way back into your brain. You'll start to look at old ladies and ask where they got their hat. You'll be staring at the wierdest things, wondering what you can make out of that. And don't EEEEEVVVEEENNN get me started on those fucking dreams.

To all the virgins...Kudos for making the decision to make the journey home. You too will probably experiencing some strange emotions before you embark to oblivion. Please do not be alarmed. We are here to help and guide. You may feel a bit faint along the way. Just breath deep, take my hand, and don't look down.

Save me a dance.
BOOBIES!!!
Lorgasm

Postby mojo » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:40 am

All you succulent virgins - don't forget to give lots of love to your Greeters! They will guide you while you lose your virginity and become forever after a citizen of the most wonderful city in history.

I agree with Lorgasm - the anticipation just grows and grows every year and it can become one of the sweetest parts of who you are.
mojo

me to

Postby obie1 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:13 am

hey spacecowboy i am in the same boat all i can think about is bm i am travalin from oz by myself pritty intence but i cant wait.. i am commin with open eyes and open mind cant wait to fill it full of bm magik i have been to meny festivals in the world bm is my next chapter bring it on
obie1

Previous

Return to Get Involved!