The Man didn't burn this year !!!

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

The Man didn't burn this year !!!

Postby bschlong » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:06 am

While all 30,000 THINK we saw the Man burn this year, truth is that there WAS no man. In an effort to conserve resources and increase the coffers of the Burning Man LLC, Larry and a select group of highy skilled computor geeks successfully substituted a giant holographic image of the man, surrouded by a few flame thowers that were activated Saturday night to give the sensation of heat .

I know this to be true because an hour before daybreak Friday morning, there was a brief power failure of two of the generators maintained by the DPW, the computors and projectors shut down for 45 seconds and the image of the man flickered and melted into nothingness.

A group of about 20 of us witnessed this and when we confronted Larry and the powers that be, they told us we must have been caught in a sudden, localized whiteout or we had all taken too much ecstasy or something, and we had better relax and get some sleep ! Quick, call agents Muldair and Scully, erase this post from your hard drive after you read it, meet with us Sept. 31st at 1 PM at the old Presidio in S.F. so we can present to you undisputable evidence that this is factual ! Way to go, Larry !
Last edited by bschlong on Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
bschlong

Postby DjMoNkEyBoY » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:03 pm

I love a good conspiracy theory!
Keep it Real!
Keep it Happy!
Keep it Hardcore!
I'm a b-boy- You saw that I am!
Rockin to tha beat with my b-boy clan!
DjMoNkEyBoY

Postby captain mcguiver » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:25 am

Well in my Universe the temple never burned.

Oh wait, no. I didn't see it because the stupid Dj on the radio said 10pm and not 9pm.

Oh well, it couldn't have been that meaningful could it?
captain mcguiver

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: XaraLustmonkeysPlayaQBatCntryBunyMethLab

Postby TheMuse » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:08 pm

Someone from our camp was lucky enough to help build the man this year and was gifted some of the materials from his head which he used as part of a costume this year. But who knows, maybe he is part of the conspiracy as well? :twisted:
TheMuse

Postby DjMoNkEyBoY » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:40 pm

WOW
You're right to build the man would be an honor. Perhaps next year I'll ask to be on the team.
Keep it Real!
Keep it Happy!
Keep it Hardcore!
I'm a b-boy- You saw that I am!
Rockin to tha beat with my b-boy clan!
DjMoNkEyBoY

Postby Kinetic » Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:23 pm

Wait a minute...I thought the holographic image was what I saw the next morning after the man burned....a smaller 6 foot tall original style man...like they burned on Baker Beach appeared. I thought I was seeing things....the man had truly resurrected himself. I heard that the "little" man caused the BLM to freak, almost like the woodpile that showed up before the Eggchair / Pyromid burn did. By the way, did you see how fast that woodpile vanished....I heard the BLM freaked out over that.
Kinetic

Postby TazGrl » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:19 pm

A holographic image *would* make sense, since (if memory serves me) didn't the Big Guy's arm fall back down to His side and the neon go out last year, too? If they're gonna recycle the image, they may as well add something unique to it...

:wink:
TazGrl

desert with the man

Postby blarghstint » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:06 pm

I actually had cheescake with the man on sunday afternoon. He told me to tell you all that rather than burning him every year, he'd rather we all offer a giant cheescake to go swimming in. He is, after all, innocent.
"Light will guide your path
Hearts following happiness
Don't trip on the cord."
blarghstint

Postby TazGrl » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:36 pm

Yummmmmm...cheesecake - I'm down for that! :D And the virgin Burners next year can have a cherry cheesecake all to themselves... :wink:
TazGrl

yeah...

Postby gravy » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:16 pm

I like to play with things that are square and squishy.
gravy

Postby TazGrl » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:29 pm

Maybe we could burn a giant effigy of SpongeBob Squarepants next year... <giggle>
TazGrl

Postby blarghstint » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:21 pm

ol' spongebob would go up pretty damn fast...unless, of course, he was soaked in CHEESECAKE all week :twisted:
"Light will guide your path
Hearts following happiness
Don't trip on the cord."
blarghstint

hmm...

Postby gravy » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:03 am

Burning Spongebob Cheesecake Man...has a nice ring. After the burn we could all feast on peanut butter, sponge, and dice sandwiches! WHAT DO YOU SAY?!?!?! HUH?!?!?! SOUND GOOD?!?! who's in?
gravy

oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby gizray » Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:01 am

i fucking love peanut butter, sponge and dice sandwiches. i can't believe you like them too. wow. you try sprinkling glitter on the bread? thats the best...........
gizray

yep...

Postby gravy » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:10 pm

i sure do love pbs&d sammies...they're my fave...creamy, tough, and chunky all in one. I drink silverware, too...out of my thermos...'cause I'm tough like the sponge and graceful like the peanut butter, and overloaded like the dice.
gravy

Postby Immersed » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:13 pm

My Shoes Hurt! :wink:
Immersed

my shoes hurt, too!

Postby gravy » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:41 am

YES!!! "My shoes hurt" = "I love you!"

Immersion has brought up a fine point. This could be another great addition to next years Burning Spongebob Cheesecake Man. After the burn, there's a collective shout of, "MY SHOES HURT!!!" ...we'll all feel the love, then go about our business of playa-huffing.

Thank you, Immersion!!! Thank you!
gravy

Postby CAPSLOCK » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:20 pm

Maby David Coperfield has something to do with it?
:wink:
CAPSLOCK

Postby cowboyangel » Fri May 14, 2004 11:09 pm

hey grave are you wave or something else? the holes in my clothes are holographic too dude
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Return to Experiences at Burning Man