Funny things we saw

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Postby unjonharley » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:50 pm

I can't think of any "music" that I totaly dislike. At BM some ass wipe will turn on about 6 notes to repete. Then leave there camp for six or seven hours. That is what most of the poster are refering to as teck-no. Don't want any rules against it. But I sure could put pox's on the.....

Nothing is new........ When I was little ww|| was n full swing. Every thing went to the war. So they didn't make things for kids. When my six ft. plus uncle wore his pants out at the knees no problem. They just cut then off and give them to me. They would come dowe to my ankles and the cruch was down to my knees. Had a adult belt with the end hanging down. A shirt that had been cut off at the elbows. The sleaves fit good. The rest of the shirt covered most of my body. Also a cap from Dad. It was so big that I had to turn the bill backwards to see. It was a big hit with me when got a pair of Con-vair shoes. Thats what the basket ball payers would wear. When they went into the army They would give some kid there shoes. Stuff a little paper in the toes and I was stepping hi. Now look at the young of today and see them wearing the same thing. Difference being,Some one payed a hell of a price for them.
/Running to catch the last basket of the day
unjonharley

Postby Alpha » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:52 pm

For the record, Stuart is the youngest 35 year old I've ever met. (and I mean that in the best way!)
Alpha

Postby que.f.o. » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:31 am

Bear, I've been enjoying your posts. I'm not quite into the 50's yet. I grew up as a hippie want-a-be in the sixties, living south of San Fran. I appreciate peoples incites into the neo-hippie "ethic" versus the hippie culture of the sixties. The free love/communal lifestyle reminds me of Burning Man in some ways. Much of the intense draw for me is the community that is/has developed. I love the concept of a gift economy. I love the paradox of being radically self-relient but recognizing that shit happens and everyone can use help setting up camp, needs a drink on occasion, or could use a piece of cold cantalope.
As for music, I have a 2002 Camp Cherry CD starting with a Shirly Bassey song that kicks my ass every time I listen to it, but give me Santana, the Dead, Miles Davis or Bill Evans any day. Peace, Love, and Flames to all.
Is it time to Burn yet?
que.f.o.

Please Hurry Burning Man

Postby bearsnest » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:22 am

Southeast Alaska, 9 a.m., 17 degrees. The suns finally decided to show its face of beauty, however never rising above the tree line. From my upstairs window I watch the light beams dance through the spruce and pine, reflecting patterns on my wall thru the lace curtains.
Lynne is up now and heads downstairs for morning coffee, the aroma fills my senses.

Each day the sun will drop incrementally lower in the sky until it will barely be visible as winter sets upon me. Today, I am thankful to see the dance, however brief...

I reflect on last year at this time hiding from the world in the desert where the sun greeted me daily and dipped each evening below the horizon leaving the sky streaked with color..

.I can here my wind generator spinning with the breeze. I light a fire and get out my guitar to see if I can pull some inspiration from the air...Not today...but I play anyway and the notes drift to heaven melting into the sunset and make me smile...

Look for the flock of Cranes at Burning Man. You may recognize me,
:roll: The Bear
Bearsnest.... Be here now!
bearsnest

Postby III » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:16 pm

>3 piece band that grinds out 3 power chords while screaming 'fuck you' backed by the most banal of 4/4 rock beats

i sometimes kinda like that kinda music. shakonasongoo, i spose...
III

Postby Angry Butterfly » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:52 pm

Raheer wrote:
Angry Butterfly wrote:
Rob the Wop wrote:
And I won't even go into how tasty a food source hippies are when properly seasoned. Almost as good as roast raver.

The reason Ravers taste really good roasted is because we are young and we eat so much sugar, it's like a honeybaked ham, if your going to eat a raver, best to go with an e'd out 16 year old, and not a psy trancer, they tend to be older than they look, and they are harder to catch. Real hippes arent as good because the meat is too old so you have to make stew, and it takes longer, fortunately, they do a lot of yoga so the meat isnt as tough as those damn baby boomers. You really have to render down most of those guys, I like making them into hamburgers, I call them HamBoomers. I also make baby boomers into meatloaf. . I personaly dont like to eat hippies who smoke a lot of weed, the meat is nice and tender, but it takes a lot of seasoning to cover the taste of patcholi and weed, but if I have to eat one of them, they make a nice curry.

I LOVE IT!!!

I'm writing a joke cookbook for some congeek friends of mine called To Serve Your Fellow Man; do you mind if I include some of your recipes?

Raheer

Raheer, I am honored, feel free. That was one of my favorite rants that I have written since this one: http://tinyurl.com/vvgw
guess which letter is mine!
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Postby stuart » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:00 pm

that's it trey, we can't be potential co-drunks anymore. I don't know what I ever saw in you to begin with.
stuart

Postby stuart » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:01 pm

thanks for the compliment (i think) Alpha. I still have a meet with you and others in mind, I have been busy and out of town and stuff and or things. Perhaps soon after TG?
stuart

Postby Alpha » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:52 pm

stuart wrote:Perhaps soon after TG?

I hope so! Let me know.
Alpha

Postby Raheer » Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:22 am

Angry Butterfly wrote:
Raheer wrote:
Angry Butterfly wrote:
Rob the Wop wrote:
And I won't even go into how tasty a food source hippies are when properly seasoned. Almost as good as roast raver.

The reason Ravers taste really good roasted is because we are young and we eat so much sugar, it's like a honeybaked ham, if your going to eat a raver, best to go with an e'd out 16 year old, and not a psy trancer, they tend to be older than they look, and they are harder to catch. Real hippes arent as good because the meat is too old so you have to make stew, and it takes longer, fortunately, they do a lot of yoga so the meat isnt as tough as those damn baby boomers. You really have to render down most of those guys, I like making them into hamburgers, I call them HamBoomers. I also make baby boomers into meatloaf. . I personaly dont like to eat hippies who smoke a lot of weed, the meat is nice and tender, but it takes a lot of seasoning to cover the taste of patcholi and weed, but if I have to eat one of them, they make a nice curry.

I LOVE IT!!!

I'm writing a joke cookbook for some congeek friends of mine called To Serve Your Fellow Man; do you mind if I include some of your recipes?

Raheer

Raheer, I am honored, feel free. That was one of my favorite rants that I have written since this one: http://tinyurl.com/vvgw
guess which letter is mine!

I'm going to go out on a limb, or perhaps an ear, here, and say it was the one about art history. Am I right?

Raheer
Politics. From the Latin poly, meaning 'many', and the Modern English ticks, meaning 'blood-sucking parasites'....
Raheer

Postby C-Simoes » Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:22 pm

I was riding my bike and I heard this motor sound behind me. When I looked there was a remote control car following me. The operator was hidding. So I just kept going and it kept following me. I got real close to my bike and then tried to cut under my bike and I ended up running it over. So I got off my bike and saw that it was carrying candy for me :P. I grabbed the candy and then turned the car on its right side, as soon as I let go it was off. So If u were the operator, that was awesome. thanks for the laugh

C-Simoes
C-Simoes

BINGO!

Postby Angry Butterfly » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:06 pm

That is right On Raheer, how could you tell?
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Postby Angry Butterfly » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:08 pm

FUCK! now everybody can find out my real name! Oh, well, it's ok cuz I'm gonna be famous.
Angry Butterfly

famous

Postby bearsnest » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:49 am

Honey, your already famous in my book....Bear
Bearsnest.... Be here now!
bearsnest

Re: BINGO!

Postby Raheer » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:01 am

Angry Butterfly wrote:That is right On Raheer, how could you tell?

Because you are an incredible artist, because art is your career, and because, as you have proven here on the eplaya, you have an alarming ability to be right about everything, all of the time!

Raheer
Politics. From the Latin poly, meaning 'many', and the Modern English ticks, meaning 'blood-sucking parasites'....
Raheer

Postby unjonharley » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:42 am

Good god where did that ego pump come from?
/Running to catch the last basket of the day
unjonharley

Postby Angry Butterfly » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:28 pm

Oh man, I needed it too. Ive had a headache for about a week. I don't know what is up with that. Thank you thank you thank you, I needed the ego boost in the worst way because i'm at the point where I have to be dependant on my husband to support me and we are broke as fuck but I cant get a "Real" job because if I quit (doing art full time) now I would be taking a step back, and probably loosing money in the long run, but I am so almost ready to go back to retail just to pay the bills. It's really exiting and frustrating at the same time, I haven't sold anything in months even though I have been doing a ton of shows and then this morning I landed a big commission I've been trying to get, but it is just decorative painting work.
but how did you see my art? have you seen it? There is a bunch of it around. That letter was really cool because peter maxx somehow got his hands on it and invited me to meet him at his gallery in San Jose, wish He had offered me a job. he did say "see you soon" when he left, but I don't know what's up with that.
Angry Butterfly

Postby DE FACTO » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:43 pm

Peter max was the first artist I tried to mimic. my favorite artist of all time......well maybe not of all time. But up there.
DE FACTO

Postby Raheer » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:25 am

unjonharley wrote:Good god where did that ego pump come from?

Gresham, Oregon.

Hey, it's not MY fault. You're the one who asked.

Raheer
Raheer

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man