They're up on ebay until July 29th.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0140529066
Here's how I made them
Duck Tape (yes, I know I speeled it incorrectly)
Wrenches/ratchets for the bolts.
Pawn shop / used sports-gear shops around DC and found a pair of really horrid all-plastic skate-shoes for which I think I paid about $10. Mine had a plastic insert in them for your feet to sit on. If you don't get one with the skates you'll need to get one.
Home Despot: 16 1/4" bolts, washers and lock-nuts. Always use locknuts!
<b>Step by step:</b>
1. Chop the top of the skates and used a dremel to take the edges down.
2. Line up where the trucks sit under the boots. This was tricky as it meant standing on the trucks wearing the boots while the trucks were not bolted to the boots. Gotta love Duck Tape(tm).
3. The lovely and talented assistant marks on the bottom of the boots where the trucks should mount.
4. Remove the wheels.
5. Take a 1/4" drill bit and drill through the truck and into the boot. I started at the toe. and bolt up the hole pretty tight.
6. Drill through the other toe-hole on the opposite side of the truck and bolt it up. Aim to put the bolt as far from the center as possible while still leaving at least 1/4" between the bolt hole and the edge of the shoe. Check the alignment at the heel. If it's off, loosen the toe bolts and re-align.
7. Repeat for the three other pairs of bolts.
8. Tighten all the bolts.
9. Repeat steps 4 - 8 for the other boot.
10. Install the plastic insert in the boot.
Get out and practice roller booting aboot .. best practiced by Canadians, but Americans from some Northern states might be able to make this work too.