2007: Sausage is the new Bacon!

Sausage?

I love Sausage! It's way better than Bacon!
4%
There are days I would cut off my pinky finger for some sausage
8%
Um that's my pinky finger in your sausage.... can I have a bite?
13%
I have a big sausage just for you!
29%
Sausage... yum!
17%
WHAT THE FUCK IS BACON?!?!?!
8%
Sausage IS the new Bacon.
17%
I'm a Veganazi and I still love Sausage!
4%

Total votes : 24

2007: Sausage is the new Bacon!

Postby pdxgeek » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:25 pm

Sausage is the new Bacon!
I just wanted to let you all know that no longer will we live under the tyranny of Bacon!

If you hear some Burner babbling on and on about how Bacon is soooo good remind them that this year Sausage reigns supreme. There are so many fantastic kinds of sausage. Chicken Apple Sausage, Chorizo, Polish Sausage, Sausage on a stick, BBQ Sausage, Breakfast Sausage patties. AND they wont PILE GREASE ALL OVER YOUR stuff, just enough grease to add some flavor to whatever is accompanying them. You can eat Sausage plain, with onions, eggs, in a bun, chopped up in hashbrowns, on pizza, in a burrito... the benefits of sausage go on and on!

Then there is the innuendos... if you get my drift! :twisted: Endless fun just in the name!

Bacon is Dead! Long Live Sausage!
pdxgeek

Postby helitack » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:30 pm

I'll go with that. Now whip me up some Farmer John links!
helitack

Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Postby undeclared » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:09 pm

....bacon....always...forever...sausage....nooooooo!

the bacon/sausage war rages on! lol

how about bacon sausage or bacon wrapped sausage?
undeclared

Bacon wrapped sausage?

Postby pdxgeek » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:49 am

Forgoe the training wheels and make the switch! Life is better on the other side.

Besides Bacon is soooo 1997
pdxgeek

Postby SED » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:05 am

I'd rather be makin' bacon than packing sausage, anyday.
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.
SED

Postby undeclared » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:06 am

well accualy i enjoy sausages very much, spent two years as a sausage maker myself. infact i make special "pot" sausage for a friend at my work. its a great thing to have on the bbq!!
undeclared

Postby CapSmashy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:12 am

Cast off the oppressive shackles of the meaty foodbits made only from swine!

Yes dear friends and neighbors, we live in glorious times and glorious times demand glorious meaty foodbits for our glorious dining delights!

Why burden yourself with yet another serving of fatty swine back when the glorious world of the sausages is spread wide. The table of glorious tasty sausage is bountiful and brings all manner of yumminess together in one easy to prepare and fun to eat meaty food treat.

I hear your cries out there in bacon land. We like our bacon...we love our bacon...you can have our bacon when you pry it from our cold dead grease congealed fingers!...

But why? Why do you cling to this singularity of meaty food bits? How versatile is bacon? No matter what you add to it, no matter if you fry it or bake it or broil it, no matter how creative you get in wrapping it around something, it always tastes like bacon and always will.

Do not be mistaken, for it was hard for me to accept too, the first time I heard these words... sausage? Meat stuffed in tubes with spices and vegetables and all manner of things? No! Change is bad! I fear change! I am not worthy of such meatyfied goodness! But I did change. I let them take away my fatty swine back boredom and introduce me to a world of glorious flavor undreamed of. Just as you will change when you realize the threshold to the Sausageverse will be crossed only by those who have embraced the Sausagemonger faith, by those of you who will right now, drop to your knees, and ask, to be purified in Glorious Sausage Goodness.
Playawaste Raiders cordially invites you to suck it.
CapSmashy

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Postby Bin Noddin » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:28 pm

We prostrate ourselves in the general direction of SHEBOYGAN!
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen
Bin Noddin

Postby Archantael » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:36 pm

Sausage = mystery meat. Lord knows what's in there, for all you know it could be horse meat or something.
I prefer bacon. It's easy to fix, it gives me another use for all those extra summertime tomatoes I seem to end up with, and dammit it's just good!
You can keep your sausages. Bleech. One look at a slice of bacon and you know what it is.
(That being said, there is one exception. I wanna know if that "bacon patty" that Chick-Fil-A puts on their club sandwich is really bacon. That's some strange looking stuff!)
Archantael

Postby diane o'thirst » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:05 pm

Ab-so-lutely, friends. I had tandoor lamb sausage with red garlic smash potatoes for Burn Night dinner last year. My campmates were out so I shared it with my next-camp-over neighbours to great lauds and thanks.

You can cut the fat content by grilling sausage. What happens when you grill bacon? It gets DRY and BURNT and is generally NOT PLEASANT TO EAT. What happens when you grill sausage? It gets nice dark lines on it, smells wonderful, tastes yummilicious and is easier to grab with the tongs. And after frying up bacon, you have to scrape out the frying pan and store the detritus in a jar. Very icky after a few days out there, even in a cooler.

Paws down and no two ways about it, sausage PWNs bacon. Image
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby CapSmashy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 pm

Note to self: 1. camp next to Diane 2. Scare off Diane's camp mates. 3. Start talking about sausages. 4. Profit.

YES! YES! Yes dear sister! That is but one example of the vast magic of the glorious versatility of the sausage. Lamb with red garlic potatoes...oh yes...a casing stuffed with a small bit of heaven.

Can I have an AMEN!

And can any deny that there is anything more glorious and tastified on this planet than the glorious abundance that is sausage served fresh... hot... and grilled to perfection?

I think not dear brothers and sisters. I think not.

Mystery meat? Oh no my dear, dear child. I see the swine herders have sunk their hooves into you deep with their denial that the glorious sausages contain unknown or unwanted meaty foulness.

BEHOLD CHILD!

Right there on the packaging of the sacred tube! The labeling is quite clear as to the what awaits you within.

Can you same the same for bacon? Is it really "just" bacon?
CapSmashy

Postby AntiM » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:45 pm

Apple-chicken sausages with smoked gouda inside. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr drool.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby diane o'thirst » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:46 pm

And if you have the Kitchen-Aid stand mixer w/attachments, you can make your own sausage...and then you know EXACTLY what's in it! ImageImage
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:50 pm

Sure doesn't taste like sausage.

Where did you get this?!
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Archantael » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:06 pm

If the mix of meats wasn't bad enough there's that little problem with the casings, providing they're not synthetic in origin.
Even the thought of it has me reaching for the chewable Pepto.
Archantael

Postby undeclared » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:11 pm

well, the idea of stuffing a dead pig into its own intestines has some people happy, i preferre to have its fatty belly sliced thin..mm dripping in fat. ugh...pre-cook the bacon before the burn? still lots of grease in the sausage, not to mention they arent cured, which greatly reduces its shelf life in 100degree weather. bacon...stands alone atop the food chain. smokes meats mm JERKY!!!bacons cousin!!!! oh yea baby!!
undeclared

Postby CapSmashy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:55 am

Just remember kids....

CapSmashy

Postby Ugly Dougly » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:17 pm

I'll give you a sausage if you let me rub you feet.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby diane o'thirst » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:28 am

Sisters and Brothers...I have some testifyin' to do.

Whooooaaaaa, can I get an Amen?!

Sausage is THEE meat to eat. Indeed, sisters and brothers, I say unto thee...SAUSAGE IS THEE MEAT!

So reach forth...into your wallet and BUY the sausage stuffing attachment for your sacred Kitchen-Aid mixers...attach it to the machine's impertinent nose and throw in whatever meats and ingredients that pleaseth you...

Turkey, chicken, lamb, prime cuts of venison or other game, yea I say unto thee even the mighty SALMON! Garnish it with parmesan, Moroccan spices, curry, wine jelly, orange zest, walnuts pistachios and even almonds.

Cut it up and toss it with pasta or veggies, roast it in a pot with apples and potatoes, in either a white or dark soup, with shrimp and corn for FROGMORE STEW...grill it, plunge it deeply into the smoking machine, roast it, sauteed unto drowning in beer.

Bacon...served a couple ways, fried, or wrapped around something else. 'Tis fit ONLY for garnishing of Chicken Carbonara!

Sausage — verily, a regular plethora of preparation and serving options!
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby BAS » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:35 pm

BLASPHEMY!!!

Bacon is the penultimate achievement of human civilization! EVERYTHING goes better with bacon! The only way in which sausage is fit to eat is if it is wrapped in bacon or, perhaps, stuffed with bacon!

Do not let the sausage weilders decieve you! Bacon is what is good, and good for you! Eat bacon (if you know what's good for you!)

B.

(This message is funded by the Pro-Bacon ad council.)
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

Postby CapSmashy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:17 am

Eat sausage! Lots of sausage!
CapSmashy

Postby pinemom » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:46 am

how bout MEAT...its whats for breakfast......lunch......dinner.......snacks.....lace up your shoes with.....ties down your rebar.......grease up your generator....sorry Im bacon'ese!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby madmatt » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:47 am

madmatt

Postby madmatt » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:48 am

madmatt

Postby Lassen Forge » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:50 am

Bacon is so pre-eminent in the human culture that you not only can get it in different meats for those who cannot eat pork, but even made from soy for the Vegeterians out there... And lets not forget, it contains no dairy products for the lactose intolerant.

bb
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby misfit » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:06 am

isn't this the year of the pig.?. eat pork sausage, eat pork bacon, its all good... save the turkey, lamb and beef for another year....
Be happy while you're living, For you're a long time dead.
misfit

Camp Name: wish you were here

Postby Nickel » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:56 am

I don't see my choice on that poll.

My choice is, and will always be: BACON

Sausage goes well with bacon though, and I am saddened to not see "Bacon Wrapped Sausage" on the list of choices.
"This is not about love, because I am not in love"

Camp Team says, "Go Team!"
Nickel

Postby pinemom » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:03 pm

Im with nickle update your poll...Bacon wrapped sausage!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby Finnegan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:41 pm

I have to agree with the traditionalists on this one. God alone knows what lurks in any given sausage, not that i don't still enjoy them. It's just gross. But delicious!

Bacon, you know what you're getting. It's still gross, but more up front about it.

Bacon on a stick is kinda tricky tho..
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:51 pm

Bacon wrapped sausage..... well, Mmmmm, yes..... MORE PORK PRODUCTS PLEASE!

Oh, and don't forget the beer!
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Next

Return to 2007 Theme