Please tell me where these camps have gone!

Please tell me where these camps have gone!

Postby amazon » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 am

Please tell me there will be a roller disco on the playa again this year!

Camps I miss: Aztec golf, Roller disco, Pinkys, Biancas smut shack. Oh and the Giant Human Fooseball installation...

Whats up with these camps? Will we ever see the likes of them again?
Anyone know?

xoxo
Love and Dusty smut
)'( Amazon
<I>"...You disturb me to ze point of insanity. Zere. I am insane now." </I>

- Dieter of Sprockets (SNL)
amazon

Re: Please tell me where these camps have gone!

Postby oFZo » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:00 am

amazon wrote:Camps I miss: Roller disco

You mean you didn't see it last year? It was very much there.
Too many puppies
with guns in their hands.
oFZo

Postby Teo del Fuego » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:18 am

yup. roller disco in all its glory, on Esplanade and around 8:00 clockish (?)
its all a glorious blurred together dream now
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

Postby gaminwench » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:34 pm

Azteca was a one year project, those Fabulous folks did Bollywood and Filthy Rich camp in other years...don't yet know their plan for the Green Man-stay tuned!!
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby K-mom » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:21 pm

HUMAN FOOSEBALL!!? Ye gods, how did that work?
You call it malt liquor, I call it breakfast.
K-mom

Re: Please tell me where these camps have gone!

Postby indigotip » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:32 pm

amazon wrote: Oh and the Giant Human Fooseball installation...

Whats up with these camps? Will we ever see the likes of them again?
Anyone know?

xoxo
Love and Dusty smut
)'( Amazon

If you're talking about 2003, the human foosball game was brought to you by The Southern Boys who were camped with the SoLoCo Village. They had a great time doing it but have no plans to come out from North Carolina to BM again :cry:
The playing field was marked off using construction plastic fencing. Three rows of players (3 on the first pole, 2 or 4 (I'm not remembering at the moment) players on the second pole and 3 on the last one) held on to a long pvc pole and were able to slide side to side. It was a blast! :D
indigotip

Postby amazon » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:03 am

oh oh what about that CUBE in ...2002? or maybe it was 2004. But it was a labyrinth inside but from the outside it was just a cube with ladders. The goal was to get to the top but it was like a maze inside. AMAZING. I wish that would return unless it burned.

amazon

maze

Postby mikeylightsit » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:14 pm

there may be a dark maze out there in a secret location this year. former black hole maze alien wishes to find others to create this structure better than in 2004. Lustor
keep freedom legal!
mikeylightsit

Postby gladeye » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:01 pm

I'm part of the Pinky's camp and we haven't built thr bar for a couple of years now. It grew bigger and bigger until it hit breaking point. I don't speak for Pinky (who cringes at being called any kind of leade or spokesman himself), but I think it just got too expensive and complicated. All it takes is a few key contributors of time, money, resources, or the ability to motivate and you lose momentum. At our peak we had a big dance floor, dj, dance floor with stripper poles, 2 accomodating crow's nests, lots of great seating, and a shitload of pink fur and booze. It really is true that the most fun at BM is in the giving. I loved that place and making visitors happy. The Pinky's crowd still camps around 8:30 and halfway in. A group called Pink Mammoth conveniently set up their camp just down the street since Pinky's dissolved. They've got no affiliation with us though.

I think Bianca's got too much attention and heat (copwise) for its reputation as a place where you could watch people fuck and join in. Places like that can't exist so openly at Burning Man anymore. Maybe they are still around but more discreet and secretive? Hell if I know.

I really miss the Funk Camp/Church of Funk/Funkmobile crowd. Does anyone know what happened to them? They were genuinely the shit and had the greatest vibe. Funk, playa, and most drugs go soooo well together and I loved having an alternative to all the robot music performed by calculators.
"Madness is the first sign of dandruff" - Dr. Winston O'Boogie
gladeye

Postby mikeylightsit » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:14 pm

We loved Bianca's and much happened to us there. There is always something for everyone and yes, you have to look to find it sometimes....the thrill of victory, the agony of de feet...........I can't wait to be home again. I love it all, even the drunk frat boys.....just leave no trace...........and don't be invisable in the dark when out at night and hurt someone who doesn't see you....... :lol:
keep freedom legal!
mikeylightsit

Postby Xhile » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:32 am

good to hear Pink Mammoth are still there. Are they?

I have a friend who is a core member.

Hoping to visit them this year.
meh.
Xhile

Postby skibear » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:11 am

Swingers Lounge ? Are they gone.

A long zipline (sometimes naked) and homebrew beer.
crash & burn ski lessons given
skibear

Postby skibear » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:12 am

Swingers Lounge ? Are they gone.

A long zipline (sometimes naked) and homebrew beer.
crash & burn ski lessons given
skibear

Combo Camps

Postby Anthony Bondi » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:36 am

Perhaps a revived Pinky's would work better if allied with a return of the Aesthetic Meat Foundation. Call it Pink Pork.
Anthony Bondi

Postby trilobyte » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:31 am

Black Rock Roller Disco was definitely there in 2006, they were on Esplanade near 9 o'clock.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby amazon » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:43 pm

[quote="gladeye"]I'm part of the Pinky's camp and we haven't built thr bar for a couple of years now. It grew bigger and bigger until it hit breaking point. I don't speak for Pinky (who cringes at being called any kind of leade or spokesman himself), but I think it just got too expensive and complicated. All it takes is a few key contributors of time, money, resources, or the ability to motivate and you lose momentum. At our peak we had a big dance floor, dj, dance floor with stripper poles, 2 accomodating crow's nests, lots of great seating, and a shitload of pink fur and booze. It really is true that the most fun at BM is in the giving. I loved that place and making visitors happy. The Pinky's crowd still camps around 8:30 and halfway in. A group called Pink Mammoth conveniently set up their camp just down the street since Pinky's dissolved. They've got no affiliation with us though...."

Ah Pinkys. SUCH good times dancing on that pole and eating blended drinks with Pinky by the fireplace. Sniffle sniffle. Bliss. Such fond memories. Love those guys.

amazon

Postby safetythird » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:01 am

gladeye wrote:I really miss the Funk Camp/Church of Funk/Funkmobile crowd. Does anyone know what happened to them? They were genuinely the shit and had the greatest vibe.

I guess they're sort of disbanded now but many still attend. A group of them built and played the RoadHouse last year at Fandango. Yes, they rocked!

This is a weird year and many people will be skipping the burn. I have no idea if any of them will be there.

S3
safetythird

Postby EB » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:13 pm

K-mom wrote:HUMAN FOOSEBALL!!? Ye gods, how did that work?

I forgot about Human Fooseball!

It was brilliant. It was played with a soccer ball and each player had to be strapped on to a huge PVC (?) pole extending between the sides. In order to move side-to-side, you had to work in conjunction with your mates on the same pole (there weren't outside people moving the poles back and forth, just the players in the game.)

Baseboards surrounding everything kept the soccer ball from escaping.

Loads of fun!
Irony. You're soaking in it.
EB

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Jerk Camp

Postby soupman » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:04 am

I still miss Xara... :oops:
soupman

Return to 2007 Theme