Theme Camp Idea released tothe public commons

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Theme Camp Idea released tothe public commons

Postby fatcog » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:28 pm

Anyone can get their feet washed with a neutralizing vinegar solution, thanks to the Clampers and other canps.
Ladies can get their Poonani trimmed. Men are not allowed to be present.
You can get your entire carcass washed. Co-ed- even the frat boys get in on the action.
You cen even get a full on Jiffy Lube at Penetration village.
But if you are a Man with Stubble, you are shit outta luck- it's a painful process to be clean shaven for an entire week and some of us like to be clean shaven to feel complete and clean. The alternatvie is to be stubbly and not feel so cool about that. And not everyone wants to kiss some dude with 3 days growth.
I thought a camp with 'Shaving Man' as a theme would be a welcome addtion to these other positive hygenic theme camps.
My vision is to have 2-4 barber chairs with some retired italian barbers (or really- anyone who would be up for this), dropping a warm white towel on the face, lathering the men up with some shaving cream and giving us a close shave with a straight razor, or whatever they use these days.
Cigars aplenty, some vintage Playboy books on the table in the waiting room, the smell of Aquavelva in the air, and Sinatra and tommy dorsey playing in the background, or maybe some Opera. Nothing sleazy or sexualized- just a quality shave, a good cigar and a chill space to get away from the heat and techno music.
Trouble is, I will be fully committed to at least one major project for 2007, and hopefully another one or 2 and will not have time to organize anything such as this. I have no connections with barbers or hairstylists, and have no idea as to pull somehting like that off. Give me a bike or 10 and I'll have em running all week long with some zip ties and duct tape, but organizing a temporary barber shop and making sure the proper permits are taken care of (if need be) is somehting beyond my aptitude and desire.
But dammit- I want a good shave every now and then when I'm out there!
So- it's out in the open- let the Burner community run with it.
Just give me front of the line privelege around 10 in the morning.

http://bm.tribe.net/thread/291245c3-d82 ... 4ff56e6b4b
fatcog

Postby mars » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:36 pm

Great Idear! (oops, I forgot to shave off that "R"!)
Live as if everyone loves you and thinks you look great. Dance as if no one is watching.
mars

Postby fatcog » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:17 pm

yeah- there's plenty of guys who are interested in getting shaved, and a few ladies who want to watch, but it's hard to find someone to actually do the logistics beyond theme camp registration.
fatcog

Postby FallenAngel » Tue May 22, 2007 7:43 pm

Excellent idea.
Fallen Angel
The Havana Room
http://www.havanaroom.org/
On tribe - http://tribes.tribe.net/havanaroom/
fallenangel@havanaroom.org
Talent Booking Info - leia@havanaroom.org

Make a Donation!
PayPal - donation@havanaroom.org
FallenAngel