Live electronic music from Burning Man 2006

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Live electronic music from Burning Man 2006

Postby submodern » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:31 am

This is a recording of the music I played at Burning Man this year... it is all new music written specifically for the festival based on the "Future" theme. It's electronic music, it doesn't really fit into any genre or sub-genre or sub-sub-genre, but its electronic beats with lots of synthy melodies. I had people call it "funky robot music", "space house", and "electronic dream pop"... and had comparisons to Ulrich Schnauss, Yellow Magic Orchestra, Fila Brazillia... basically all over the place, but people seemed to like it! Hope you enjoy it, too.

http://submodern.com/burn2006.mp3

Also, our set from last year is still up on our site... it was more ambient and introspective, and was influenced by that years theme. http://submodern.com/

We are currently planning an interactive sound installation for next year, so you will be able to influence the music directly instead of sitting/standing there watching dorky guys twiddling knobs. We'll also be playing at the SF Decompression on October 8th, so hopefully see some of you there!

I kept running out of CDs to give out when I played... anyone who didn't get one and wants one, just send some email to submodern(at)submodern(dot)com with your mailing address and I'll get one to you.

Thanks again for a great year and a great burn!

Submodern
submodern

Postby Imagigrl » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:58 pm

Thank the lord sweet geezus that you posted this. I was looking all over for you. Heard your work at Center Camp this year and was hypnotized. Passed on your wonderful sound to my group, Acid House-Class of 88 (of Wayne Anthony fame and construct). Thank you so very much for your playa contribution. Hope to see you at The Green Man.
~Alvays mit wuv. ;x
Imagigrl

Postby doberman » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:32 pm

thanks submodern for sharing..

pretty kewl sounds you have there!
doberman

Postby stew » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:29 pm

Thank you so much!
stew

Postby Rob_ » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:58 pm

Thank you for gifting the CD. Thank you...thank you.
Rob_

Return to 2006 Art & Performance