Messages Bug

Use this space for bug reports or to discuss site functionality and statistics.

Messages Bug

Postby DirtyDiablo » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:22 pm

I get this when I try to check my messages:
Any idea why?

Could not update private message new/read status (2) for user

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'phpbb_privmsgs.MYI'. (errno: 145)

UPDATE phpbb_privmsgs SET privmsgs_type = 5 WHERE privmsgs_type = 1 AND privmsgs_to_userid = 9892

Line : 1912
File : privmsg.php
"Take me to the Desert, Drop me on the Playa"

"Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here"
DirtyDiablo

Postby spectabillis » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:45 pm

major bug oriented around things to do with user lookups, friends listing and pm's are hosed. major issue #1

dont know if its related, but major issue #2 is the 'no posts exists' bug, neither of these are going to be fixed right away because the people able to are either still at the event, in thier post-event week off, or just cant get ahold of them.

sorry, hands are tied.
spectabillis

Postby spectabillis » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:55 pm

update: i tested the email option instead of private messages and it seems to work. if anyone has problems with that as well please post an update here.

of course, the user still has to enable that option, and it might mean getting spammed - so if that also happens please post it here as well.
spectabillis

Postby gyre » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:43 am

I have had no spam problem with the email option.
It has always been more reliable for me than the pm.
I recommend using it when possible.
gyre

Postby spectabillis » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:13 pm

thats good to know, but the pm's should have been working fine for a couple of weeks now.
spectabillis

Postby gyre » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:29 pm

True.
But I have had glitches that have wiped out part of my files before.
The storage is very limited as well.
Unsure how often I've had delivery failure.
I don't usually find out.
gyre

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:52 pm

spectabillis wrote:major bug oriented around things to do with user lookups, friends listing and pm's are hosed. major issue #1

dont know if its related, but major issue #2 is the 'no posts exists' bug, neither of these are going to be fixed right away because the people able to are either still at the event, in thier post-event week off, or just cant get ahold of them.

sorry, hands are tied.

Or otherwise......

i guess you can always get Badger to fix it.

:lol:

Ok, get mad at me if you want but............

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Kinetic IV » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:14 pm

Badger handles nuclear safety in the real world, not bulletin boards. In this case go razz Spanky.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby spectabillis » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:15 pm

DVD Burner wrote: guess you can always get Badger to fix it. Ok, get mad at me if you want but............

i doubt i would ever let someone push my buttons for a rise, but thats strike one against you.
spectabillis

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:56 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:Badger handles nuclear safety in the real world, not bulletin boards..

he should stick to that.

In this case go razz Spanky

of course.

spectabillis wrote:
DVD Burner wrote: guess you can always get Badger to fix it. Ok, get mad at me if you want but............

i doubt i would ever let someone push my buttons for a rise, but thats strike one against you.

Nope not one against me but one against you............ all.........the spectabills of the world.

I still have my world work.

Makes no diffrence to me.

It's the way the world works.

Not much you can do about it.

son.........

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:03 pm

Fact of the matter is.

I can do a better web......whatever, for the man, and that is that.

You have a problem with that?????

that is ok.

When everyone grows up and wants to recognise that, it's ok.

I'm here to stay whether or not anyone likes it or not.

that is just the way it is.

Any questions?

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:18 pm

Anyone wants to make something of it.........

Be my guest.

I want no problems.

just posting the truth.

:lol:

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Kinetic IV » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:24 pm

Ok, I've had enough so I'm going to toss a question out here. A couple actually. Quite a few of us have a chequered past on the board. But times change, people grow up, learn things...so perhaps it's time to wake up and realize all the changes that are going on around us. So what am I hinting at?

It's simple. DVD has offered time and time again to try and help the web team. He appears to have the necessary skillsets and technical abilities to substantially contribute to the successful operation of this board and the server behind it along with other web / IT based needs. Would anyone on the IT team be willing to take another look at his offer to help, the services he can provide and see if there's a place for him to help somehow? This event was built on volunteers of all stripes, backgrounds, etc coming together and making it happen. With it taking almost 2 months to fix the worst of the eplaya problems, including a 2 week shutdown that anywhere else would be totally unacceptable there's no question about the need. Spanky's only got 2 hands....why are good people not given the chance to help?

If people want to bring up DVD's controversial past, fine. Go ahead. Keep digging up the muck and flinging it. But as you do I want you to think about DPW...or if nothing else our perception of that group. If the various wide ranging DPW people can find a way to bridge their personalities and get stuff done, there's no reason the IT team can't do the same.

The board needs attention. It's painfully obvious. Help is being offered. Free help. Purely in the spirit of volunteerism with no agenda. Why is it not being tapped? Come on! Put this volunteer spirit to work!

</Soapbox>
Kinetic IV

Postby spectabillis » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:44 am

Kinetic IV wrote:It's simple. DVD has offered time and time again to try and help the web team. He appears to have the necessary skillsets and technical abilities to substantially contribute to the successful operation of this board and the server behind it along with other web / IT based needs. Would anyone on the IT team be willing to take another look at his offer to help, the services he can provide and see if there's a place for him to help somehow?

first: how about keeping this crap under a better topic than bug reports or things that are obviously technical? i dont appreciate having people post it all over ePlaya feedback where it fucks things up for everyone else, after this warning i start pulling posts.

second: dvd has burned all his bridges with everyone. i went to bat for him - yet again - and he went off in his usual just-took-a-hit-off the-crackpipe way. that killed a lot of my credibility when people said "hey spectabillis, you think we trust you now after you recommended dvd, and he goes and pulls his usual shit again?"

third: there is neither any reason, nor any motivation for other people to work alongside another with that level of anti-social behavior. its too hard to get the right people on board to have someone else drive them all away, and no one feels comfortable with him being that close to them.

finally: i have exhausted all options with dvd in just about everything else and yet he still persists in trying to make it personal in an area thats not for it. not only is this wasting time, but he's only got a strike or two left before he gets permanently booted.
spectabillis

Postby Booker » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:53 am

Kinetic IV wrote:Quite a few of us have a chequered past on the board.

By 'us' you mean the various mannequins you've propped up around the joint, right? Well, all but the pink one.

Am I the only one who can access private messages? Still have a couple sitting there from nipples back in 2004. Haven't tried to send one lately, but...
Booker

!

Postby Toolmaker » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:21 pm

I got an email advising me of a PM here.. when I checked none was available.
Toolmaker

Postby spectabillis » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:57 pm

late followup, but want to ask one thing.

at the bottom of each comment you post, there is a checkbox option "Notify me when a reply is posted" that gets sent to you. happen to know if it was related to that?
spectabillis

Return to Site Function