Sakénoma - Press Release

Sakénoma - Press Release

Postby Shagy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:26 pm

Sakénoma is back for the 5th consecutive year. We will be at 4:30 and Brave and open during the hottest time of day. For the past four years we brought you ice cold filtered Saké, we brought you unfiltered (nigori) Saké, we brought you a daily barrel breaking ceremony (Kagami-biraki), we even brought you eyewear cleaning. Well, this year, we are breaking the mold and tearing down the barriers that have kept Saké from being accepted as a mainstream American beverage. This year, in addition to our legacy products and services, we are unveiling the Sakétini. Our mixologist's, have pioneered exciting new recipe's that blend Saké with spirits and flavoring agents to make a new drinking experience. These are not like the crappy wine margarita's that emerged in the 80's and died a quick death. The Sakétini marks a new direction in the adult beverage evolution. It's lower in alcohol than the traditional cocktail, thus allowing the participant extended imbibing enjoyment. It's flavored with exotic fruits, herbs and spices that expands the known human taste bandwidth. The Sakétini is revolutionary. It is fast becoming the new Cosmo. And all you need to do to be a part of this ground breaking phenomenon is find Sakénoma (4:30 and Brave). Sakénoma's Sakétini is sure to be a winner at Piss Clear's annual Playa Iron Liver contest, Thursday between 3-6 PM, where they search for the best cocktail!

Kanpai!

Sakénoma has historically has supported programs that discourage underage drinking and to remind those of legal drinking age to drink responsibly...
Shagy

Postby blyslv » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:43 pm

Yeah great.

But is it art?
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby Shagy » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:57 am

Is Sakénoma Art? To a critic like you, maybe not!

Art is an idea, manifested. Simply attempting to be creative is all that matters. Burning Man gives us the vehicle to try and be creative. Sakénoma is my expression. We build a little Japanese Sakébar in the dessert. It looks cool, we explore ancient Japanese Saké traditions and develop new Saké cocktails, it’s interactive, it provides a product and a service, it delivers entertainment, and it is educational. The artistic process is fully engaged. The people enjoy it. Whether my critic’s call it art or not doesn’t concern me. At least I’m doing something inspired that serves the community in a tangible way. We need more camps like Sakénoma at Burning Man. I invite to come visit us. Maybe a little Sakénoma will rub off on you.
Shagy

Postby thejohnstamos » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:33 pm

i'll come over in my kimono.
thejohnstamos

Postby simcoe » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:58 pm

blyslv wrote:Yeah great.

But is it art?

You ever drink at an exibit or a gallery opening? :wink:
simcoe

looking for Japanese documentary team from Japan

Postby GinaOfthePlaya » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:39 pm

Shagy...did you encounter a team of Japanese filmmakers from Japan makng a doc? I'm trying to connect with them. Let me know. Thanks. Gina
GinaOfthePlaya

Japanese film crew

Postby Shagy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:45 pm

Hello - I did not see any film crews from Japan. We did see a lot of Japanese people this year, compared with other years. But nothing formal, like a film crew. You might check with the Geisha Palace, as I think they hosted a lot of Japanese people this year.
Shagy

Postby GinaOfthePlaya » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:39 pm

Thanks! Do you know how to contact Geisha Palace?
GinaOfthePlaya

Postby Shagy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:12 pm

Geisha Palace
You Are Your Own Geisha!
The plush Geisha Palace is the place for you to be just that...in a friendly, intimate (but not sexual) vibe. Free sake helps. Extraordinary close-up magic show by Mio daily Tuesday - Friday from 6:00 - 7:00 pm.
Geisha Palace is a Japanese-themed silk and velvet lined chill-out space, created by gaijin & non-gaijin alike, it is air-conditioned by day and heated at night. Self serve Sake and wraped Japanese snacks are available at all times.
Hometown: New York, NY
Shagy

Return to 2006 Theme Camps