Terminal Village 2007

Terminal Village 2007

Postby Killbuck » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:23 pm

Well shit.... just an hour home from BM 06, and already plotting.

There are a number of camps who are plotting to create a 3:00 plaza village, tentatively named "Terminal Village." At this time, we have APOKILIPTIKA, E Playa Bar Camp, Espresso Camp, Mash Camp... and possibly others, including C Verbotten. More on that later. The idea is to create a full service village that aptly promotes our mutual doomed state and the fact that nobody is gettin out alive... or at least without a good cup of espresso and a visit to the bar. Interrogations not withstanding.

The 2007 theme is not out yet, but we will accomodate as required--- nonetheless, we will develop our own unique village theme. Much plotting has already been done on playa, and the willingness is high. The main conspirators being APOKILIPTIKA and E Playa Bar Camp.

In the coming weeks and months, we shall use this thread to scheme our way into 3:00 plaza dominance. We can make this happen, and will do so by collaboration, coordination and enthusiasm. So, dust of your dusty shit and sieze the initiative while we are still fresh with ideas.

Killbuck
http://sideshow2014.weebly.com Bringing Sideshow back to the playa, and part of the Embrace Crew, 2014.
Killbuck

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

Postby 5x5 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:19 pm

the theme is out already for '07. ;) posted on the bm page.
5x5

Postby The CO » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:32 pm

As commanding officer, I can say M*A*S*H 4207th is in. I prefer "World Domination", but Terminal is good to.
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby Killbuck » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:08 pm

2007 theme? Gads, had not seen that yet.... zoinks, they are finally getting the theme out early!!!! Green man eh? Can have some phun with that!

Mash Camp- ok!!!! That's F'n wondeful... we now have a place to take our interrogation subjects! You have a web site? I can contact through PMs once the debug thing is fixed. Otherwise, use the Ministry of Communications on our web site (see below).

To all--- Any thoughts on how a village can be arranged in a circular plaza? An interesting thought.

Could we control the central art installation? We thought of a sculpture- a building- the crisis clinic... and... it's on fire. Perhaps a large walk though gate... the Terminal Terminal? Only a thought. Might we as a group submit a team effort on an insallation?

Interactivity in a plaza is important, so we must consider our participatory activities.
http://sideshow2014.weebly.com Bringing Sideshow back to the playa, and part of the Embrace Crew, 2014.
Killbuck

Postby StevenGoodman » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:35 pm

Or Arcadia? The planet where the movie Soldier takes place?
StevenGoodman

Postby StevenGoodman » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:59 pm

More name ideas?

Terminal Station
Termination Station
Destination Termination
Damnation Alley - what is the name of the air base?
Desolation Boulevard

New Berlin - to fit in with the 3:00 Ranger Station (Berlin)
New Berlin, in Russian

Maybe some Dark Star reference?
StevenGoodman

Postby Killbuck » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:14 pm

Oh... Damnation Village?

Hmmmmm....... oooh.....

The thread name is only tentative.... so all ideas welcomed.
Killbuck

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:26 pm

YES!

EPlaya Bar Camp, at least for my part would love to go Termanal in 2007!

BARBIE SHOTS FOR ALL!!!!

TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby Killbuck » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:00 pm

Your determined interest is noted!

BTW.... you guys fuckin rocked!!!!!!!!!

Woo hoo!!!!!

Killbuck
Killbuck

Postby helitack » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:12 pm

I prefer "Lebowski Village". Where everyone can be a Little Lebowski Playa Achiever.
helitack

Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Postby SED » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:18 pm

I'll vote strongly for Arcadia, for several reasons:

It goes well with the Green Man theme

Arcadia was the home of Dionysus, Greek God of partying and the human connectoin with nature. Just think about being Dionysus for a night . . .

One word: Nymphs.

If we're in the key hole, we'll be arranged in an arc.

We can have video games in our own Arcade.

The ideas keep coming.
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.
SED

Postby Killbuck » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:30 pm

SED

This is gettin interesting!!!! I am intriguged! The name is still open, and you make a good case! We just need a way of tying all together.

Again, thanks for the ultimate playa feed monday night- that was a terrific and quite magic evening. The lamp light, the food, the company... ahhhhh. Oh, where was I?

Heli- we need you back in 07. Start fixing for it now!!!! "Lebowski Village"...... does fuckin bowling have something fucking to fucking do with this?

Juss checkin

KK
Killbuck

Postby d6 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:46 pm

allright bitches, here goes:
YES:per an earlier discussion, I am here to tell you now that we will be counted as "in" for the 3:00 Village.
This was indeed a taxing year for us, a "down" year if you will, partially due to 3 re:?no! satellite trips made from Sat-Thurs, but 93 current little factors all played into the fact that our space was ultimately DOOMED.....
basehead invaders thwarted our usually strong work ethos, while my ongoing absentee status as the Invisible Man forced leadership upon the only remaining hu-man strong enough...and still he almost cracked......so my early saturday (thats right, I had to leave pre-Burn) eggs-at-us formulations went into hyperdrive, and upon a core member meeting yesterday we have this to offer in II-007:::

heretofore we will be known as:
THE LEAGUE OF EVILLE
our projects are:
2 framed, "permanent" 9x12 video screens to operate as weather permits - showing an array of interactive weirdness and the occasional screening of "Cameramans Revenge"
these are to be augmented by *8* d6-run speakerbots full of curious sounds, with one exception:
DAFT PUNK nite, which ties into our marionette-bots.
we will also be unveiling the 2nd Robot in our Elite Apok Corp, to help fight the would be hu-man assailants.
The fully realized Intruder Alert Guide.
3 shade structures - stratego parking and layout-and the best thing of all:
THE WALL OF DOOM!!!
an 8x8 frame for brc citizens to add their own personal worst shameful childhood photo, revel in your own crapulence, and behold the faces of EVILLE!!!!!

So we're coming beyond and back at full force in II-007.
We have alot to make up for,
and to paraphrase the best quote I've heard lately:
"If I was me, I wouldn't f-ck with me........."

To the Verbots and Apoks I had the honour of speaking with in BRC,
thank you -

d6,
motherf'nAstroBot,

Re:?No!
your witty rejoinder just flew over my head.....

no trust fund getting supply buying self-reliant non-bankrolled questionable artistic contributor sacrificing electronics at will build it destroy it clean it haul it financially uninterested uber-bot
d6

Postby StevenGoodman » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:48 pm

The central art piece can be a giant BURNED OUT oak tree, because the Green Man is DOOMED!

Or a giant tree made out of Razor Wire; try burning OUR tree!
StevenGoodman

Postby Killbuck » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:50 pm

To both D6 and Goodman:

WOO HOO!!!!!!!
Killbuck

Postby Box Burner » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:16 pm

perhaps the camps can be arranged in sequence. you know;

eat
drink
and be merry
for you are so fucking doomed. :shock:
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby StevenGoodman » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:18 pm

[quote="Box Burner"]perhaps the camps can be arranged in sequence. you know;

eat
drink
and be merry
for you are so fucking doomed. :shock:[/quote]

Followed by MASH Camp, who can put you back together, so you can do it all over again!!!
Playawaste Raiders and Megaton Bar and Grill
StevenGoodman

Postby Box Burner » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:26 pm

another idea. two factions of the village could fight it out for control of the central art project. saw this in a sword and sorcery movie where two wizards battled for control of the only well in the village. could be an opertunity for some large scale theatre during '07 burning man.
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby Kinetic IV » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:35 pm

Box Burner wrote:another idea. two factions of the village could fight it out for control of the central art project. saw this in a sword and sorcery movie where two wizards battled for control of the only well in the village. could be an opertunity for some large scale theatre during '07 burning man.

Did you walk through Apokiliptika? And would you want to take on Bay Bridge Sue? I know I sure wouldn't wanna do it, not at all. With all those weapons over there and that nuclear oven mitt they're holding onto until 2008 the Apokiliptikans would win the battle up front.

But you know....as I wrote that I thought about it some more.... didn't the MASH camp mount a successful invasion? Nah, it must be an attempt at revisionist history. Or the playa dust is still shortcircuiting my thoughts.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby Zulegoona » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:09 pm

I’m still enjoying a nebulous creative high playing with ideas in my head, first I started toying with ideas for a plaza courtyard sculpture the thought a sculpture that could work well as a backdrop for performance, and now since we all seem to be good at creating settings but are a little week on performance I’m thinking about scripts for something like an interactive play or something where audience members are invited to help provide music and sound track elements with there own instruments or ones we provide. the set would be a sculpture that can stand on it’s own as a piece of art but is in part shaped by theatrical needs.

Like I said I’m on a high and have no experience with script writing or herding cats but I’m sure enjoying dream time. any Ideas ?
Zulegoona

Postby The CO » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:55 pm

Brief Notes and Comments from the M*A*S*H 4207th log:

SteveG-I know where the vehicle from Damnation Alley is for sale in LA-Any one want a money pit art car?

SED-I like nymphs. Especially fire nymphs. M*A*S*H is filled with them.

Box Burner/SteveG-Our motto is "Eat this, Drink this, Smoke this, Rah!" so we can fit any where as long as we have a street to blockade for security checkpoints.

Kinetic-Screw revisionist history, we took Apokiliptika by storm! We ran our flag up the stripper pole and have photos to prove it! The Admiral and various Eplayans can vouch as to the validity of our victory! I can't wait to do it again next year!
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
The CO

Postby pinemom » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:29 am

eplayan's back up....yup...I was there...but I will have to give HUGE kuddo's to the last remaining APOK...she put up one hellav' a fight!!!!!

On the idea of the performances...ie...YOU JELLYPINE KILT recipients OWE me one big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All six of you!!! man I had it all pictured in my head too pre-burn....what the hell happens to time out there???
I gained it at first having 3 full days on monday,alone...then the days were ripped through my grasping fingers as the week went on!Till alas, I was forcefully sent back to default world...yuck, its more hostile here than I remembered!

The Village shall thrive.....for we are all doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pinemom loves you all, misses our world terribly and shall dream of tomorrow!

What will it be?......We finally have that answer.... damn fucking wonderful no matter what we call it!
:idea: [/img]
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby Isotopia » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:43 am

Ice Station Zero.
Isotopia

Postby The CO » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:36 am

Death cube K?
The CO

Postby Kinetic IV » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:43 am

Watch the use of the letter K. (grin)

I like Arcadia and support SED's position...it does tie in nicely with the "green" theme. Not that the theme matters....I could see Apokiliptika as the anti-green force. Trees? We don't need no stinkin trees. Drop a nuke and vaporize 'em!
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby StevenGoodman » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:27 pm

[quote="Kinetic IV"]Watch the use of the letter K. (grin)

I like Arcadia and support SED's position...it does tie in nicely with the "green" theme. Not that the theme matters....I could see Apokiliptika as the anti-green force. Trees? We don't need no stinkin trees. Drop a nuke and vaporize 'em![/quote]

My version of Arcadia is the planet from the movie Soldier. Which is a giant garbage dump.

How much for the Landmaster? Any current links to it?
StevenGoodman

Postby Mozy bonz » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:43 pm

Arcadia 3:00 plaza dominance …try to resist it.
Mozy bonz

Postby Kinetic IV » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:02 pm

It's our playa, our village. And we have our own script writers so just because it meant something else in the past or was part of a movie plot doesn't mean we can't take it and twist it for our own diabolical needs. It might be called Arcadia but it's going to be "World Domination Village" behind the scenes. Seriously, what other village will have the ability to challenge this? Gigsville? Please. And to take over a plaza? That's a first. It's gonna make BRC history. Watch and see!

They said they wanted community? Be careful what you ask for...you just might get it!
K-IV
~~~~
Kinetic IV

Postby StevenGoodman » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:17 pm

When I get home I will put up an image, but I would invision taking over all four corners of 3:00 and "A"? Better than being in the circle part, better visiblity.

Basically leave the two corners of 3:00 at the Esplanade for camps that want to face the Esplanade. Then take over both sides of 3:00 running up past "A" for as far as is needed.
StevenGoodman

Postby helitack » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:50 pm

How about

Vultureville
helitack

Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Next

Return to 2006 Theme Camps