The change email option!

Want to request a new feature? You've come to the right place...

The change email option!

Postby DE FACTO » Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:32 am

I'm sure My opinion may not seem important and I'm sure as usual it wont be an issue till a month or so later, but I'll post it here anyway.

Soon most Hotmail email accounts will have this problem and I'm sure most users will not want to open a 6th email account to fix it.

The option of changing ones email address in ones eplaya profile does not allow the option to use an email address that was previouly seen in eplaya's database.

Soon hotmail will change it's current services and the exodus will begin.
regular yahoo also will not be an option .

I have an email address that will not give me a problem but am not allowed to use it because it was previously used in a previous now defunked eplaya user account.

Will the admins allow me to use my old email address in my current eplaya profile account?
DE FACTO

Postby herself » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:55 am

I feel sorry for any admin that has to struggle through the previous post and try to figure out what is being said / requested. Is he trying to communicate? I'm glad it's not my job to care.

hh
herself

Postby Kinetic II » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:56 pm

I sent him a PM wondering about the Hotmail changes....no reply.
Kinetic II

Postby technopatra » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:23 pm

This all ties into a larger discussion-

As I understand it, De Facto wants to change his email address to one that was previously used in the system, under another (now inactive) account. The system does not currently allow this.

We're having a discussion on the eplaya team list about this. Basically, we don't want to have folks with multiple accounts, if those mutliple acounts were due to folks wanting to change their usernames. (I personally don't think anyone should have multiple accounts for any reason, but that's my opinion, not policy.)

I am against username changes as a) folks should give hard thought before selecting one b) more importantly, name switching invites abuse, because users are more anonymous if they know that can just change their name if they piss too many people off.

We are trying to promote more responsible posting, so we will not change this policy unless we hear some compelling arguments for doing so.

That said, in a case like De Facto's, where the email he used for his current incarnation on the eplaya is going away, it may be reasonable to allow him to choose an email that was reviously in the system. I just don't know if we can do it.

Anyone can change their email address at any time in their profile, but they have to use an email that is not already in the system.
technopatra

Return to Feature Requests