auto login moved to bottom of screen

We're doing it wrong...we know

auto login moved to bottom of screen

Postby antron » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:10 pm

i know the change i'm about to complain about probably came into being as part of an effort to make the top of the screen cleaner and simpler, but...by moving the auto login to the bottom of the screen it loses its function, which is to enable us to log in from the home screen quickly and easily.

there are other ways to get more uncluttered space at the top of the screen, that could perhaps include reforming the faq, search, etc. links into a single line.

perhaps it could function like mtv, nickelodeon, or the new york times does, unobtrusively near the top of the first unlogged-in screen, with a link to join the community being a reasonable alternative for those new to the eplaya.
antron

Postby blikum » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:09 am

Actually, this was a bug that cropped up during some development I was doing tonight. There was a bug in the login form in the page header, so I disabled it temporarily. It is back now and working fine.

Sorry about the inconvenience and live development. This is the last of some live changes we had to make before our stagin server is ready.

\<>/
blikum

Postby III » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:37 am

>It is back now and working fine.

good job, bucko!
III

Postby antron » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:51 am

thanks! it works great!
antron

Postby rodent » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:11 pm

Yeah, thanks. That was a pretty annoying bug. Especially when you went to the regular login page, and the cursor was auto-placed in the corner input field rather than the mid-page input field.
---
rodent (putting the eek in geek)
rodent

Return to ePlaya Feedback