kudos

Want to request a new feature? You've come to the right place...

kudos

Postby III » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:22 pm

thanks to spanky and emily for working on requests.

it's nice to know that we're being heard.

(in that vein, would it be too much to ask for responses on issues that can't be resolved immediatly? it's tough talking into thin air, with no verification that our comments are being heard. it's nice that you notify us when problems are fixed, but some of the more common complaints haven't even been acknowledged.)
III

Postby spanky » Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:40 pm

III:

Thanks for the kudos. Unfortunately I don't frequent the ePlaya much <rant>since it is so full of anger, hate and rants</rant>, but I do try to make sure everything is running smoothly :) Emily can't do it all herself and we're actively trying to get some moderators to help her out. I'll do my best to pop into the two feedback forums daily and answer as many requests as I can.

Once again, we appreciate your recognition and are always working hard to keep this thing up to date, working and add the features ya'll request.
~Spanky

\<>/
spanky

Postby emily sparkle » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:45 am

spanky's right... i barely have time to read the boards for admin issues i can help with (password issues, session problems, etc). the best way to communicate them to me is to shoot me an email or a PM through the system. for feature requests and system bug reports, post them in these forums. i'll keep up with these as much as i can, but requests scattered throughout the boards may not get the attention they deserve.
:) emily sparkle
eplaya administrator
___

mobilize, energize, motivate, INSPIRE ordinary people to do things to improve their quality of life.
- nobel peace prize winner, wangari maathai
emily sparkle

Postby III » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:06 am

>barely have time to read the boards

i think this is where some of the frustration from the regular users comes from, because it seems that some of the decisions being made are done without a lot of experience in actually trying to use the thing.

for our part, we'll try to keep the feedback section as clean as possible, so that you get maximum information from us without having to dig through too much bitching and whining.
III

Postby spanky » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:19 am

This is why we're getting folks to help out :) I'm the Engineering Team Lead, not the BBS admin. Emily Sparkle is the ePlaya Admin. I just chime in because I care and take care of the technical needs of the board. Plus, I do want to become more familiar with this community, so I'd better join in, huh!?

Thanks for helping III, we all appreciate the feedback.
~Spanky

\<>/
spanky

Postby blikum » Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:28 pm

Just want to jump in and say thanks to III and the other active users for the feedback and input. I am the Design Lead for BurningMan.com and currently assisting Spanky and Emily (who definitely Sparkles) in the admin duties here. My focus is on the interface and design, and helping channel the requests of that nature.

I've been more active on the boards answering design and interface issues. I've begun posting answers and acknowledge more diligently.

We have a team of User Experience folks working on the architecture. Look for more solutions to come to support better communincation and involvement.

Continued support and good feedback like yours will be key to this.

\<>/

--------------------------------
"flow like water..." - Bruce Lee
blikum

Postby Chai Guy » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:44 pm

Just wanted to publicly thank Emily for helping me with my avatar, and for being super quick in her responses to my questions. Thanks Emily!
Chai Guy

but of course...

Postby emily sparkle » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:24 am

aww... i'm blushing... and sparkling!

:)
:) emily sparkle
eplaya administrator
___

mobilize, energize, motivate, INSPIRE ordinary people to do things to improve their quality of life.
- nobel peace prize winner, wangari maathai
emily sparkle

Postby III » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:21 pm

i like the new big (though invisible to me) "new post" link.

one of the minor complaints i hadn't yet yet mentioned, in an effort to not be a completely whiny bitch, was that the links for last and unread posts were a lot smaller than the stuff i wasn't as interested in clicking on.

even though i can't see it, i know it's there, and it's nice and big so i don't have to pixel hunt with this decrepit old mouse to follow the links.

thanks guys!
III

Postby III » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:41 pm

>the new big (though invisible to me) "new post" link.

apparently i am either on crack, or the decrepit browser i was using had some serious hiccoughs.

never mind.
III

Postby Don Muerto » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:23 am

I tried to figure out what you were talking about and gave up figuring you had pounded too much sand.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Don Muerto

Postby III » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:30 am

for a brief while, while using a different system, the little yellow page icons with an arrow that are used to link to unread messages were replaced by a big blank spot (about the size the word "unread" would have been if it was in the same font as the thread topic) that still acted as a link to the unread messages. it was much easier to click on.

i should note that, given the nature of the existing algorithm. the word "unread" above should probably always appear in quotes.
III

Return to Feature Requests