butoh dancers

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

butoh dancers

Postby flyingsoul » Tue May 23, 2006 2:34 am

any butoh dancers or artists/performers/dancers looking for an opportunity to improv one afternoon (or evening) on the playa. we could even find a stage, there seems to many people building new stages this year, but in the middle of the playa while people cycle or wander by seems to me to be a good option. thats only if you feel the need to get into your body in a way that you love to.

dance of darkness

:shock:
flyingsoul

Postby dancemaker » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:38 pm

i have taken a little bit of training but am very interested in learning more. keep me posted on what happens with this idea please
Dancing across the Universe
dancemaker

Postby flyingsoul » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:07 pm

will keep you posted. one idea is to agree on an evening, meet and then find a fire lit space on the playa. im bringing some white clay that mixes well with water, is really great to paint the whole body with, it dries quickly and is like applying a mask onto the naked or semi naked body. i reckon it would look amazing as a visual with a couple of naked fire illuminated, clay-covered white torsos grinding their way through space. any ideas?

colin
flyingsoul

Postby dancemaker » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:52 pm

cool keep me posted on what happens
Dancing across the Universe
dancemaker

butoh dance

Postby flyingsoul » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:32 pm

hi there universe dancer.

here are some thoughts. firstly i have a slot at centre cafe from 5-525pm on tuesday afternoon, will perform some butoh, would be great of you were keen to join me, perhaps meet bfore oor that same day and see how that works out.

but i also have intention to go out onto the playa one night and performe, i have a dozen fire balls, which are basically compressed saw dust but burns well and slowly, if you are possibly keen, or anyone for that matter, to dance some butoh in a circle of fire balls, naked or semi naked with bodies covered ijn white clay. we could put together a basic flexible structure, i have more ideas, coulod also incorporate some bali dance, more fiery energy, but whatever feels right in the moment. would love to perforrm with someone.

hope to hear from you soon

colin
flyingsoul

Return to 2006 Art & Performance