San Diego decompression? Where?

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

San Diego decompression? Where?

Postby Iron Chef » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:11 am

San Diego Burners! Lets get organized! We must decompress. There are way more of us out there than we all think. I thought thre were none until I met Eddie at El Zarape (he was standing behind us in line waiting for the best 99 cent fish tacos in the world and we were talking about how there were no SD burners and that no one knew what our medalions meant ) and he said that both Zara and Shangra-La were SD based. Who Knew? So, lets start some kind of e playa communicado and get something going. I have access to space as I own a theatre company.... Good times! :twisted:
Iron Chef

Welcome Iron Chef!

Postby Mark Hinkley » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:21 am

You've come to the right place - at least to get steered to the right place. We had a big year in the SD Burner community and the pre-playa talk was of mounting a proper decom. My sense is that folks are still a little pooped, broke and playa-lunged to be ready to start planning right this second, but the will is there and all it takes is critical mass.

I heartily recommend that you - and others like you - subscribe to our email discussion list on yahoogroups and drop a note of self-introduction. But be careful what you ask for, 'cuz as soon as you do, you'll be up to your eyeballs in warmth and welcome - and then there's no turning back.

Just send an email to:
sdburningman-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
and you're all set.
Mark Hinkley

SD decom.

Postby Niveque Storm » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:28 pm

This is great - I already sent the e-mail. This was me and my wifes first year and we did not meet any other SD burners so this would be a great way to continue the burning man experience beyond the week and meet some local people of similar interests.

This year we worked with a friend of ours from sacramento and we built and brought the Coliseum (An art car that looked like a giant gazebo).

Hope you all saw it or rode on it.
Regards,

Captain Storm

Quote of the day: A gentleman is just a patient wolf.
Niveque Storm

hello fellow san diego burners!!!

Postby fraggle78 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:28 pm

Hi Iron Chef and All!!

There are a ton of us San Diego burners!! I believe some (or all) of Spoon Camp is SD based as well as Xara. I am part of the Black Rock Bed Wetters and we are a tribe of over 13!! I am also really looking forward to a decompression closer to home!!! I know that there are some mini-burns on Fiesta Island I just never know when they are :( . I miss the playa already!!!! I hope we can get organized soon and share some of the joy of the playa right here at home!!!!!!

Fraggle :roll:
fraggle78

Postby Markov Chaney » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:02 pm

The Coliseum was San Diego based? Cool! We (my wife and I) had some of ourst times on the playa riding on the Coliseum. We hope to see you again in 2004.

Hail Caesar!

--HC
Markov Chaney

Hey Mark...(or anyone who knows)

Postby Beeze » Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:19 am

I sent an email to that yahoo address and got one back saying I already joined :?: which I vaguely recollect doing sometime after last year's burn but I haven't received anything since joining (whenever it was that I did). Is there a way to clear that and start over, or what would your advice be? Is there a website or message boards; I too am very interested in mini-burn, decompression, gathering with others from San Diego...
Beeze

Postby Mark Hinkley » Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:40 am

Heya Beeze

It could be that you are registered with Yahoogroups without having actually subscribed to the sdbm list. You might try using whatever cues Yahoo offers to remember your username and password or else just register again with a different user name. I had some trouble with this a couple years ago but got around it by creating a new yahoogroups member account - even though it sent mail to the same e-addy as the older, abandoned account. If that fails, send me some private mail using that PM button down below there somewhere.

Needless to say, we want to make this easy.
Mark Hinkley

Postby Beeze » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:12 am

Ok, after much finageling, I got in! :D Thanks!
Beeze

Postby klao DNA » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:06 am

Aside from 2 people in Seattle, 1 person in Sacramento, and 3 people in Los Angeles, the rest of the Spoon Return Center folks are all down here in San Diego. Well, technically the Spoon Return is no more, since this was our final year as a theme camp, but you get the idea.

Also, the good folks at Tribal Penis Gourds, Poly Paradise, and Camp Hi! are all from SD as well...

We are having a Beach Burn this Saturday, September 13. Not a decompression per se, just a get together. You can find the info on the sdburningman yahoo group or if you like you can send me an email at klaodna@yahoo.com and I can give you the time/directions.

::: rob / klao DNA
klao DNA

Will decompress for food.

Postby Jacktaylor » Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:06 am

so, this is about the fifth time I've started a new user account over the last four years since I can never commit user IDs nor passwords to the great sieve o' memory. Is there a decompression unfolding?

FWIW, I'm usually with a group of San Francisco & New York Burners. We've been, over the last few years, Trailer Park Militia, Dead Media Cargo Cult, Meat Camp, Tengu Teahaus, and, this year, Liminal Lounge.

Looking for more fire, pleeeeease.
Jacktaylor

Postby nymphgonebad » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:06 am

Holy Chao wrote:Hail Caesar!

i would, but i've come to bury him, not to praise him.
nymphgonebad

Postby red » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:57 pm

Hi All,
There will be a San Diego decompression in the Valley Center area November 7-9. You can check out the details at the aforementioned Yahoo group. You can also contact me for more details or if you are interested in participating. I hope to see you all there.
-Red
red

this weekend

Postby daddeeluvmonkee » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:40 pm

i was at the l.a. decompression and about 10 different people told me there was a san diego decompression this weekend. i just moved here and know absolutley nothing about it (or anything else).
daddee
im not a slave to a god that doesnt exist.
im not a slave to a world the doesnt give a fuck.
-marliyn manson
daddeeluvmonkee

Re: this weekend

Postby alice » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:22 am

daddeeluvmonkee wrote:i was at the l.a. decompression and about 10 different people told me there was a san diego decompression this weekend. i just moved here and know absolutley nothing about it (or anything else).
daddee

are you my daddy?

mom won't say.
bitch all you want - it won't change nothin.
alice

Postby stuart » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:58 am

daddy, check the post above yours. SD decom is nov 7-9.

oh, and a correction, while Camp hi! was in shangri-la, which is SD based, none of the folks running that camp are. We are L.A. and S.F. based.
stuart

where?

Postby ScottV » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:39 pm

Where?

I don't want to sign up for the group - just happen to be visiting San Diego on that weekend for an Iron Pour at the university.

The Burningman regional calendar shows nothing.
The yahoogroups calendar is "members only".
The "San Diego regional Burning Man group" web page has nothing about decompression on it.
Searching the web for +"san diego" +"burning man" +decompression
returns nothing useful.

An awfully secretive, low tech, group that apparently works for Yahoo and their advertisers.
ScottV

Return to Regionals & Events