PISS CLEAR, BRC's favorite newspaper, seeks submissions!

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

PISS CLEAR, BRC's favorite newspaper, seeks submissions!

Postby Piss Clear » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:16 am

Yup, it's that time of year again. So this is the part where I post our annual CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS. This is going to be our 12th year of publishing on the playa -- and quite frankly, I'm getting a little burnt out. So what I'm hoping for is that people will send me a bunch of really great, sassy, well-written articles that I barely have to edit. That way, I won't have so much work.

So send me stuff! Here's what I'm looking for: Sarcasm, wit, intelligence, bitchiness, humor, blah blah blah. You know, we're sorta like the Vice magazine of the playa. I want snarky rants, cultural commentary, funny lists ... and maybe, just maybe, a hard-hitting piece of real journalism.

What I don't want is a 1000-word treatise all about your personal theme camp or art project. There are hundreds of camps and artworks in Black Rock City -- we may play favorites in the name-drop department, but there's simply too much out there to devote precious column inches to just any one thing. In other words, keep things broad, general, and specific to the Burning Man Experience(TM).

Here's what I'm looking for:

* Articles, rants, commentaries, whatever!
* Comics and illustrations
* Cool photographs
* Fake ads
* Pictures of people at Burning Man, for our Fashion Dos and Don'ts

Plus, we need contributions for the following regular lists and features:

* Items for the "What's Out/What's In" List
* Playa Lingo (words, expressions, catchphrases exclusive to BM)
* I Remember When...
* Black Rock City Rumor Mill
* Random Quotes about Burning Man
* Haiku
* Top 10 Albums for the Black Rock Desert

We have three issues planned, each with a loose theme. Here they are:

* The Happy Issue! -- sarcastically positive articles about Burning Man
* The Drug Issue -- yay, let's piss off the BMorg!
* Fashion Dos & Don'ts Issue -- just like Vice magazine, but with playa fashion

This is all subject to change, depending on what the hell ends up in my in box. If you've got something juicy with all the dirt, we want to hear about it! So let me know if you've got any ideas. The deadline is MONDAY, AUGUST 7th.

Send stuff to: pissclear@pissclear.org

Pass this on to anyone who might be interested, and I hopefully, your submissions will get me more excited about dragging my ass out to the playa this year. Thanks!
Adrian Roberts, Former Editor
PISS CLEAR
Black Rock City's favorite alternative newspaper
Piss Clear

Postby Piss Clear » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:22 pm

NEW DEADLINE: TUESDAY, AUGUST 1st.

Yup, so write it up and send it in: pissclear@pissclear.org
Adrian Roberts, Former Editor
PISS CLEAR
Black Rock City's favorite alternative newspaper
Piss Clear

Return to Get Involved!