road trip - vancouver - burn.???

road trip - vancouver - burn.???

Postby markapco » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:03 pm

Hi

I am an english guy (33) who will be travelling to vancouver to hook up with my bro who is living there then down to Burning man this year.... (first burn)

anyone got any road trip ideas timescales are also a bit of a mystery to me as this is a long journey for a small island dweller (thanks bryson).....the idea is 2-3 weeks vancouver - burning man - vancouver

have travelled a lot (although never in US, mostly CA) so have no qualms just be nice to get some feedback from like minded souls on sights to see... would love to see the grand canyon but is it 2 far to fit all this in my timescale ...?

should have some wheels of some description so pretty independant

any inspirations would be most welcome.... (",)

am so looking forward to attending the burn after many years of disapointment

Thanks look forward to meeting you all ...
markapco

Postby AntiM » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:29 pm

Hmmm, a trip down to the Grand Canyon from Burning Man. A day down to Vegas from Reno, and I'd bet you would stop in Vegas for sure, then about half a day over to the canyon itself (South Rim is best for first timers). Visiting the canyon, well, that could take eons. Three days travel time and a couple days to see the sights, that's conservative. A week?

Would be quite an excellent roadtrip however. And then there's the National Parks in Utah, wow, if you have time.

Hope you'll be at Burning Man for the entire week, it changes daily.

See you at home!
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby K-mom » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:24 am

Am in Van and went down last year with some friends on a bus. Hopefully doing it again this year. We went down the coast until roughly Portland, Oregon then cut a path southwest through Oregon, across the tip of California and into Nevada. We passed some interesting places in Oregon: natural hotsprings in the forest, another hotsprings at Summerlake which is kind of the beginning of the desert environment, also this really beautiful little mountain town with the most awesome cafe, instruements and books lying around, and the chef even came out after cooking our food and went for a ride on our bus. Awesome!
I'm not sure of the exact route we took but if you're interested email me and I'll see if I can find out.
Good luck!
-k
k.is4keith@gmail.com
You call it malt liquor, I call it breakfast.
K-mom

Postby K-mom » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:21 pm

Sorry. SouthEAST through Oregon. That Southwest trip, I'm getting that confused with a different one, the time we converted our bus into a ship - The Wayfarer, the scariest pirate bus ever to sail the briny, plundering and taking whatever we wanted with us, silks & spices the likes of which ye have never seen, gn'yarrrr....
You call it malt liquor, I call it breakfast.
K-mom

Return to 2006 Theme