Why not start a radiostation at live365.com

All things outside of Burning Man.

Why not start a radiostation at live365.com

Postby CAPSLOCK » Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:29 am

Why not start a radiostation at www.live365.com :idea:
I'm thinking of a "while we are waiting to go" radiostation about burning man.
There we can have phone interviewees with artists about their new art projects for burning man and their old art projects,
theme camp plans, different peoples best memory about burning man, burning man music and sounds, talk about burning man web pages and much more.
I'm from Norway so my english is not the best for to start this radiostation on my own, but I own a pretty nice recording studio here in Norway and can help out with jingles, mastering and stuff.
I'm going to my first burn in 2004, can't wait to get there.

Tor.
CAPSLOCK

Postby PetsUntilEaten » Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:05 am

good idea - that I have not the skillz to make happen.

perhaps another venue though as that site is very annoying?
(pop ups & all.)
PetsUntilEaten

Postby Kinetic II » Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:11 am

As much as I love dance music, if this idea gets airborne I hope people will seek out the other kinds of music besides what the rave camps play. I can get dance music anywhere. I'd like to hear more stuff like the Steamworks people out of Chicago. I have one of their CD's from 2002 and I love it.

Now that I think about it, doesn't this kinda belong in the less rave, more anything thread? And I agree with Pets, the popups are very annoying over there.
Kinetic II

Postby aforceforgood » Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:04 pm

Anyone know of a better, maybe cheaper (free?) site than live365? How come it's not possible for me to broadcast straight from my PC? I'd searched for such a site a while back and didn't really find anything that fit the bill.

Capslock, if you do start up that station, pm me your address and I'll send you an mp3 disc with some of my faves, including stuff like anita kelsey "sway", and harry rogers "kisses sweeter than wine", that type of stuff. No dance.
aforceforgood

Postby michael » Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:37 pm

Kinetic II wrote:...the popups are very annoying over there.

What are popups?

Mozilla's Firebird browser has a built-in pop-up blocker. Have not seen a pop-up since using this fine browser. Highly recommended.

Same folks as Netscape but different.

http://www.mozilla.org/
-Michael
michael

Postby PetsUntilEaten » Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:53 pm

sorry about this:

http://radio.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsi ... roadcaster

i'm computer retarded - but this looks interesting.

i think even internet-played music needs to be compensated by licensing fees. so interviews. radio shows & burner music may be the fix.
PetsUntilEaten

Postby DE FACTO » Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:18 pm

I understand it is difficult to belive that I am working on the Burningman internet radio and video broadcast station. But i am. It is true. I was at the meeting on wensday and after talking with Spanky,Technopatra and others at the meeting I needed to update the now available internet radio,

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/digicastipv7 ... chat4.html

to eplaya PHP standards. This will take a little bit of time.

aforceforgood wrote:Anyone know of a better, maybe cheaper (free?) site than live365? How come it's not possible for me to broadcast straight from my PC? I'd searched for such a site a while back and didn't really find anything that fit the bill.

Force there is a way to broadcast from your pc. this is another area that I am working on to make simpler for the DJ's and VJ's to install and set up.

PetsUntilEaten wrote:sorry about this:

http://radio.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsi ... roadcaster

i'm computer retarded - but this looks interesting.

i think even internet-played music needs to be compensated by licensing fees. so interviews. radio shows & burner music may be the fix.

Great suggestion PetsUntilEaten. I'm checking it out right now. anything that makes what I'm doing right now less work.

Give me a few more days to get things together and hopfully you will see results that meet your expectations. and If not I'll keep trying. But remember, as hard as one tries you can't please everybody. But don't fault me for trying.

Force, can you and anybody else that wants to get involved email me so I can keep you all in the loop about what's going on.
That goes for anyone intersted in talk, videoartists, and live shows. It all can be broadcasted.

Thanks.
even though...........
DE FACTO

Postby Kinetic II » Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:24 pm

Instead of email I'll just say I'm interested and you have my address. But please don't take off your current link to the dance music on the current page. I'm just about Clear Channeled out of my mind here in KC, and London dance radio and the Ministry of Sound that you link to are a much needed relief.
Kinetic II

Postby DE FACTO » Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:37 pm

aforceforgood wrote:

How come it's not possible for me to broadcast straight from my PC? I'd searched for such a site a while back and didn't really find anything that fit the bill.

If anyone wants to get a headstart on broadcasting on thier pc, you can setup your pc for hosting your own website. You can use (under windows xp) IIS (Microsofts Internet Informantion server) you can also use Apachie with Mysql. You can find that at sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/

If you've never set up a website before start reading. Everything everywhere. It's not that hard. I would tell you all you need here but which would you want. me showing you how to create your website or me finishing the internet radio?

also Macromedia is another good place to start.

www.macromedia.com

They have tutorials and 'Dreamweaver" there. Get it while you can.
even though...........
DE FACTO

Thread drift! Footage of Siegfried and Roy's final performan

Postby DE FACTO » Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:12 pm

Footage of Siegfried and Roy's final performance:

even though...........
DE FACTO

Postby Isotopia » Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:38 pm

De Facto, thanks for the very postitive and informative links regarding the radio stuff.
Isotopia

Postby DE FACTO » Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:43 pm

Isotopia wrote:De Facto, thanks for the very postitive and informative links regarding the radio stuff.

Any time. Hope you guys can retun the favor.....I'm new to php, so if anybody finds stuff or knows anything

HELP!

only kidding. I'm doing ok. but seriously. If anybody knows or finds anything please enlighten me.

I'm always down to learn.

ok?
even though...........
DE FACTO

more website info

Postby DE FACTO » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:19 am

something else I found. hope it helps.

http://www.i-lookup.com/search.php?que= ... te+hosting
even though...........
DE FACTO

more stuff I've found.

Postby DE FACTO » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:59 am

even though...........
DE FACTO

more internet radio stuff related.

Postby DE FACTO » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:23 pm

more internet radio related stuff .

this site is pretty intersting. there are mods and other things there that are phpbbs ready and some really good read.

this link is to a music mod that Alex Hession wrote.

http://www.gnaunited.com/modules.php?na ... =Nwc_Music

if anyone is interested in implementing it for eplaya let me know or if this mod is not quite it let me know that too.
enjoy.
even though...........
DE FACTO

Return to Open Discussion