Bike Maintenance Camp

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Bike Maintenance Camp

Postby Shoprag » Mon May 22, 2006 9:00 am

Left this message in Lost & Found/ bikes by mistake.

Is there a Bike Maintenance Camp?
I am 1st timer but with bike maintenance skills.
I was considering doing simple/quick fixes for fellow burners.
Anything like that going on?
Will bring my own tools and some BASIC supplies, ie lube, patchs, cables ect.
Shoprag

Postby Xak » Fri May 26, 2006 10:08 am

I don't know if there is or not, but it sounds like a grand idea to me. If you need an occasionally clever assistant, let me know I have a few bicycle skills too.
How much of your life do you spend looking forward to being somewhere
else?

-Matthew Flickstein, "Journey to the Center"
Xak

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri May 26, 2006 10:25 am

Traditionally there have been two one at the 3 o'clock keyhole and one at the 9 o'clock keyhole. The latter is, I belive called "Johnny and the Playa Cruisers." When the theme camps are placed and the camp registered there will be notices here (this is a link!). Read through, see if one is available and contact thier contact person to see if they are looking for more people to help out. YOu might also be able to show up on playa.
You can also consider going free lance--put a sign on your bike and let people flag you down. or be the bike guy on your street (walk into camps and ask if people are having bike problems and tell them where to find you when they do) or just find a camp you like and see if they need a bike dude.
It's a valuable skill and if you want to come by the Eplaya Bar Camp and fix mine, you're welcome to!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Bike Maintenance Camp

Postby Shoprag » Tue May 30, 2006 7:34 pm

Thanks for the ideas. Mobile sounds fun.
Hope to hear more.
Thanks
Shoprag

Postby Gravity Mike » Tue May 30, 2006 10:20 pm

The folks at the 3 o'clock keyhole are 'BYB.' They're really nice folks and would probably never turn down help. The BYB organizer, Christopher, presided over a wedding last year between a woman from his own camp and a friend of mine in my camp!

You can probably just show up and say 'what can I do to help!'

Gravity
Gravity Mike

Bike Guild

Postby retropsycho » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:23 pm

Read the Burnign Man Summer Newsletter with details about the Bike Guild. Then look through the What? Where? When? calendar of events when you get to thye playa (small booklet). Look for the Bike Guild kegger party listing on Wednesday.
I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone . . . there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
retropsycho

Postby haptotrope » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:30 pm

Automatic Subconsious /Outpost Autosub will be chopping bikes on Wed and Thurs afternoons, and if you are up to the challenge, we might be able to use your help!

(scul.org is running the Stop-n-Chop) :-)
haptotrope

Return to Get Involved!