Conflict Resolution

Read-only messages from the Burning Man Staff

Conflict Resolution

Postby spanky » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:48 am

Hi! Spanky here, and I want to start a thread about conflicts on the board, what to do about them, what to do to avoid escalation, and where to turn for what. I'll talk with the moderators to see what we can compile for everyone, so stay tuned.

I also want to be clear that I am not who to turn to for conflict resolution. I have recently received several requests from folks to deal with this "asshole" or that "asshole" and I'm frankly not in touch with the content, personalities, and conflicts to effectively deal with these type of requests. I also do not appreciate attempts to be drawn into arguments or asked to take sides. The best advice I can give is to walk away from a conflict and not continue to engage individuals that may attempt to provoke you back into conflict. Asking me to join your cause will seriously detriment the likelihood for me to help you at all.

Here is a brief list of things that I can be helpful with:

- technical issues with the board, something broken, not working, bugs, etc.

- flood attacks, spambots, etc.

- tracking down content or user information

- requests for features

This is not a complete list, but it's what comes to mind. Please try to work through conflicts yourself, or work with the highly effective, active, and reliable moderators that you all know and love. Take care and happy ePlaya-ing.

~Spanky
spanky

Return to Announcements