To Burn UP or DOWN...?

To Burn UP or DOWN...?

Postby CLARKcon » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:56 am

So, here's my question: So, say come Saturday night, and all week long everyone has been real hopeful and The Man is ALREADY standing high and proud with outreached arms, just waiting?
OR
If all week long, people have been fearful and The Man is down in the base of the pedestal, half-submerged and arms down- do we set him on fire on his knees? I don't know, kinda seems wrong either way? Thoughts? Insight?
CLARKcon

Location: .:P3 OASIS & COFFEE CAMP (@ 2:15 & "G") in Fandango Village:.
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Burning Man Rising...

Postby Stagger » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:13 pm

What if they set the structure on fire with the Man down...

.... and he rises out of the flames like a Pheonix....

I'd be on my feet screaming like a maniac !!!!!
http://www.stagger.net

I was born naked and penniless. And look what I have managed to do since then.
Stagger

Postby CLARKcon » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:55 pm

Yeah, that would pretty cool/okay :) The other reason I don't like the hydralic lift up and down is because I like to use The Man as a compass for navigation, and it's a little harder, when, well, he's only half as tall?
CLARKcon

Location: .:P3 OASIS & COFFEE CAMP (@ 2:15 & "G") in Fandango Village:.
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:05 pm

If you made a big wicket wheel and lit it up just as the sandstrome erupted, and let it roll over the playa, then you'd be burning around.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby HughMungus » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:11 pm

CLARKcon wrote:Yeah, that would pretty cool/okay :) The other reason I don't like the hydralic lift up and down is because I like to use The Man as a compass for navigation, and it's a little harder, when, well, he's only half as tall?

You gave me an idea. Since people always get disoriented after the man is gone, I've decided that once the man is down and the fire is out, we're going to setup a really loud, thumping rave camp where the man used to be. That way, no matter where you are on the playa, you'll know where the man was and will be able to navigate as before. It will also give the Temple burn some much-needed rhythm.
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

no matter

Postby moonbelly » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:42 pm

expanding or contracting as he burns...it will happen regardless. we should just be happy he is always born again to burn again....

moon
moonbelly

Postby Gothalot » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:04 pm

You gave me an idea. Since people always get disoriented after the man is gone, I've decided that once the man is down and the fire is out, we're going to setup a really loud, thumping rave camp where the man used to be. That way, no matter where you are on the playa, you'll know where the man was and will be able to navigate as before. It will also give the Temple burn some much-needed rhythm.[/quote]

I hope your thumpers get burned.
Media Mecca Volunteer / Spikes Vampire Bar Mgr
Gothalot

Postby Gothalot » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:04 pm

You gave me an idea. Since people always get disoriented after the man is gone, I've decided that once the man is down and the fire is out, we're going to setup a really loud, thumping rave camp where the man used to be. That way, no matter where you are on the playa, you'll know where the man was and will be able to navigate as before. It will also give the Temple burn some much-needed rhythm.[/quote]

I hope your thumpers get burned. Eat Rabbits.
Media Mecca Volunteer / Spikes Vampire Bar Mgr
Gothalot

Postby HughMungus » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:42 pm

Gothalot wrote:I hope your thumpers get burned. Eat Rabbits.

BOOM TSS BOOM TSS BOOM TSS BOOM TSS
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Return to 2006 Theme