1st timer, been watching from afar too long--

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

1st timer, been watching from afar too long--

Postby jtcnomad » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:37 pm

Hit me with the 'virgin Burner' stuff. Anyone else's birthday Sept. 2nd? Decided to celebrate it with everyone else @ Black Rock this year. Gotta be more out there doing same, yes?? I have some ideas, let me read yours.
'Life' after death is the 'life' you leave behind...
jtcnomad

Postby skygod » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:13 pm

I can't get Death out of my mind.
"It will seem difficult in the beginning. But everything seems difficult in the beginning."- Musashi
skygod

Postby blyslv » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:40 pm

It's probably best not to start off by asking for something. The best thing to do is figure out what you can contribute rather then what you are going to consume.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby jtcnomad » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:28 pm

Consume?! You give, you receive. I give, I receive. Everyday. Your entire life. You're reading too much into a simple inquiry. Dismount the esoteric high-horse and come down to humanity. Appreciate taking the effort to give me your keystrokes to "consume", though. Guess you weren't born on 9/2. Well, you're invited to my 'party', and you can "consume" all you want...just remember to give, as well. (BTW, beyond the $200+, I do know what I'm contributing)
'Life' after death is the 'life' you leave behind...
jtcnomad

Postby LeChatNoir » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:31 am

Hey jtcnomad,

I've got a pretty cool Birthday story for you...

One of the girls that was in our camp last year was having her 25th b-day on the playa. One of our campmates baked her a cake in a cardboard box/aluminum foil/charcoal fired oven. While the cake was baking, we found out that across the street was a woman who was also celebrating her birthday that very same day.

Very cool, yes?

But wait... the girl in our camp was born in 1980, celebrating her 25th birthday. The lady across the street was from Argentina and had come with her family... she was celebrating her 80th birthday and was born in 1925.

It was the first burn for each of them and they had camped right, I mean directly across the street from one another without any idea until that night.

We all had a party, traded gifts with each other, sang, laughed and danced.

Only on the playa...
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby jtcnomad » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:44 am

Beyond cool, that was truly heartening to read. Thanks LCN. Fate and/or a few words here and there and those of the same day of birth may cross this year as well. My intent is on baking a life-size self-replica b-day cake (OR??) for all! Let them eat cake, let them eat me!! Let's back up: Why not get something else for all 'tastes'? Putting the 'culinary' arts into effect with others we could have a birthday buffet for all, of all. Pass me your thoughts if you're inclined to include your talents/idea/food/hunger. "Cumpleano Camp"? - (hey, if it's near a 'playa' let's use the Espanol!).
jtcnomad

Postby LeChatNoir » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:17 am

A self-baked selfcake!!

If you see Karine zooming around here anywhere, you could ask her about the specifics of how she made the oven. It was simple and very effective and I’m told it was a Girlscouts trick.

You could make cake smaller forms for male and female physiques (perhaps thin strips of stainless, 2" wide or so, and long enough to be bent into the profile you require?)and then set up your cardboard box ovens at a predetermined time and bake away. Folks could decorate their cake however they want and then walk around asking, “Eat me?”

Hope you get lots of birthday people. If you can’t find enough on that very day, you could open it up to birthdays any day of the event and celebrate on a predetermined day.

Just a thought...
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby mojo » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:32 pm

I have an RV with an oven. I'm glad to help bake and assemble - my hubby's b-day is the 5th. Let me know needs so i can stock enough propane, etc...
Cum catapulte proscripte erunt tum soli proscripti catapultus haebunt.
mojo

Re: 1st timer, been watching from afar too long--

Postby Robeir » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:07 am

jtcnomad wrote:Hit me with the 'virgin Burner' stuff. Anyone else's birthday Sept. 2nd? Decided to celebrate it with everyone else @ Black Rock this year. Gotta be more out there doing same, yes?? I have some ideas, let me read yours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey.. . near in the same boat.. . First year myself and the B-day's the 4th of September.. . I'm actively searching the Ride Share Project.. . Hear of Any rides near the Reno/Tahoe Airport.. ? At least a ride to the Twin City Surplus.. . Monday the 28th at 11:00am I'm in town with no expectations and open to the whole experience that I've heard so much about.. .
. ..*Sm:)e*.. .
Robeir

Return to Get Involved!