COFFEE CAMP

COFFEE CAMP

Postby CLARKcon » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:52 am

IMAGINE: A kiddie pool filled with black hot Java out in the desert. You take your shoes off and SLOWLY ease into the makeshift kettle of goodness. The aroma whisps of the pool are deep Columbian/Irish Cream scented as you drift away and rest your head underneath the surface for a little "sip". As you emerge for air, satisfied from the indulgent gulps, you notice the most beautiful women/men/unicorns beside you, smiling and holding a cinnamon stick in one hand and a can of non-dairy whipped topping in the other. Whence you begin to think that it couldn't get any better and you'd sell your unborn child for just one more insatiable drip from the magical cocoa bean, you see Dale (COFFEE CAMP Manager, Good Guy Extradionaire) walking towards you grinning ear from ear and carrying a coffee bong, loaded with 2 fluid liters of Nescafe Classico Supreme, and from your right, Jeremy (COFFEE CAMP Head Chef, Humanitarian Extremidus) laughing while saying "Hey, (FILL IN YOUR NAME HERE), I just got this new roast made with Strawberry Liquor and Honeysuckle, want to give it a spin?". You close your eyes and squeeze out a solitary glistening tear shaped drop of serenity. Under your breath, you whisper, "Oh thank you, (FILL IN YOUR DEITIES NAME HERE), thank you!!!"
COFFEE CAMP: "The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"
"Remember- Drink coffee...it's for your own good"
"DRINK IT!"
"...it's only just begun."
"To Percolate & Serve."
CLARKcon

Location: .:P3 OASIS & COFFEE CAMP (@ 2:15 & "G") in Fandango Village:.
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Postby sputnik » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:56 am

Honest first reaction is that I wouldn't drink anything that people have been in. Not sure I would get into a tub full of coffee, but I might.
It's going to be alright.
sputnik

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Ubercarney

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:04 am

Coffee enama's are supposed to be healthy and cleansing.

Opps sorry, I missread the thread .

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Kinetic IV » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:14 am

Depending on what coffee snobs you talk to about it the optimum brewing temp is anywhere from 185 to 205 degrees. So...with that in mind I think someone's been smoking the crack pipe instead of drinking the coffee on this one. Oh wait, he did mention unicorns and considered Nescafe to have a "premium" product, it's obvious the hallucinations are well underway.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby AntiM » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:17 am

Enemas, no apostrophe. nit nit pick pick. But then you know that about me I should hope. The apostrophe thing, not the enema thing. Yes, yes sentence fragments are alright but the damned apostrophes drive me nuts; I am a grammar hypocrite.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby HughMungus » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:32 am

What does this have to do with tickets?

TODAY'S TOPIC IS TICKETS DAMMIT!!!!
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Postby CLARKcon » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:01 pm

HISTORY: COFFEE CAMP was formed and appeared at BM' 04, and had a great week serving endless pot after pot of hot caffeinated beverages, and it soon became the local blocks morning meeting spot for people just waking up, or others just coming back from a night on the town. The camp next went to The Phoenix Festival in 2005 (Washington, smaller Humanity/Arts camping, 2,000+ people), where it was registered as a Theme Camp, and served a rough estimate (give/take) 25 gallons of coffee. Since then, we have been enlightened and informed of various other caffeine spectrums (tea, hot chocolate, etc.), and more importantily, of having non-dairy flavorings (soy milk, cream substitutes) on hand. The idea of registering as a Theme Camp at BM o6' is tempting, but the problematic paradigm presents itself as such:
1.) There are 3 camp members.
2.) Getting demolished by 10,000 coffee drinkers.
3.) the negative impact it may have on The Center Cafe.
With all these considerations listed, we have chose to be Officially Unofficial as a site, but will keep posted on proposed location as the event nears (The past has always been at about 7:45 and third street back from the Esplanade). We look forward to seeing you at our caffeinated oasis here in about 7 months!
"DRINK IT!"
"To Percolate & Serve."
CLARKcon

Postby Kinetic IV » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:23 pm

Blah, blah, blah, blah whoa, what's this?

CLARKcon wrote:3.) the negative impact it may have on The Center Cafe.

An anti-commerce initiative targeting Center Camp? I had no idea that 's what this was about. That changes things...time to go back and reread the thread again. And flavoring alternatives too? Interesting. Very much so.
Kinetic IV

Postby Eric » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:58 pm

That alone is enough to have me come by & say hello.

The fact that I'm addicted to The Coffee doesn't hurt either.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Peacekeeper » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:32 pm

yo i seem to remeber a crew called the Fremen Spice Traders, who made it their express mission to rock into centre camp with vast steaming vats of free coffee.... for which they were much loved.

furthermore, since the BMorg wont release details on how much money the Cafe makes, why not just assume that they are so filthy rich that even an army of coffee providers wont make a dent in their Carlisle Group-like budget?

Carry on sir, you shall have statues in your honour
Peacekeeper

Postby Chai Guy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:18 am

I Love it CLARKcon! PM me with more details (like approx. location) and I'll come by and volunteer for a shift or clean up or whatever you need.

I'd also like to invite you to the FREE CHAI revolution which happens on Friday at Center Camp Cafe, where we give away free chai (and coffee) to everyone.
Chai Guy

Postby CLARKcon » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:23 pm

Does anybody have insight about the 2006 Theme Camp Placement Map? Will it be like 05's hybrid 4:30/7:30 split design, or traditional Esplanade first 3 streets? Thoughts about 2005's layout?
"DRINK IT!"
"To Percolate & Serve."
CLARKcon

Postby Chai Guy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:16 pm

haven't heard anything about that one way or another. Personally, I'd like to see a physical change in the map layout, not just a change in placement.

Thanks for the PM, let's keep in touch!
Chai Guy

Espresso Camp + Coffee Camp

Postby SpaceCase » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:28 pm

Hey guys..... Nothing like a caffiend buzz to get you started in the morning.... or to continue the party from the night B4

EspressoCamp - BM2005

We served over 3000 shots of espresso at the 3:00 plaza helping a good many burners start their day. Planning on doing it again in 2006.

EspressoDude aka SpaceCase
Space Case
where am I? I'm out of Control
SpaceCase

Postby CLARKcon » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:43 pm

Nice job SpaceCase! 3,000 espresso shots? That's insane! Tha't enough caffeine to kill a small elephant! We'll have to keep in contact with proposed locations incase either or need backup reinforcments of Java/water to provide to the populus. Keep up the good work!
"DRINK IT!"
"To Percolate & Serve."
CLARKcon

The worst cleverest invention ever made...

Postby CLARKcon » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:33 pm

I just have to make a comment about this:
The Award for Most Unwarranted Abuse of Caffeine goes to:
Folger's/ Similiar product coffee single serving bags...
At the Phoenix Festival in 2005, we were making mad amounts of coffee night/day. We ran out on the Saturday night, hence, we still had Sunday morning to go. This was very disturbing, but the next morning a very nice visitor donated 2- 40 packet boxes of the single servings to our camp. Seeing the A.M. wave of neighbors coming down the trail, made a last-ditched effort to make it through the morning: dumped 2 1/2 gallons of water in the pot and starting ripping out single packets and emptied the boxes. With the morning caravan settling in and conversing, I laddled out the first sip to see what we were working worth. I almost threw up. It was quite honestily one of the most putrid tastes, and I think it had something to do with the coffee-ground to coffee-filter paper ratio, as they weigh about the same, and pH balance of the paper. I could barely bring myself to actually serving it, as it was just above the acceptable, consumable level. I gritted my teeth, thought "F-it", and poured in a WHOLE bunch of sugar and creamer to compensate. No one else seemed to notice, and they drank happily. But I knew- and promised myself, "Never again". If there is anyone who enjoys the packets, I'm sorry. But seriously, I'd rather go without than trying the in-case-of-emergency scenario again.BlAuugh!
"DRINK IT!"
"To Percolate & Serve."
CLARKcon

Postby mars » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:48 pm

We ran a coffee camp last year--'twas a mah-velous success! Best wishes to you...and puh-lease don't worry about Center Camp--jus' do yer thing and have a goood time doin' it!

/////////////
Live as if everyone loves you and thinks you look great. Dance as if no one is watching.
mars

Postby CLARKcon » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:38 pm

Right on, mars! Thanks for the encouragement. I'm thinking about the logistics/schematics of it more and more (how much coff/water to bring). I even started sketching some ideas for a cheap art car/ATV design to be able to transport thermos's. Will have to see how it developes :)!
CLARKcon

Postby CLARKcon » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:43 pm

And thanks to Chai Guy for tech support and the tutorials!
"DRINK IT!"
"To Percolate & Serve."
CLARKcon

Postby Chai Guy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:01 am

ATV???

You just need a bike! My rig holds 5 gallons of Chai err.... coffee plus an entire cooler full of icem and two lawn chairs in the secret compartment!

Chai Guy

Postby CLARKcon » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:14 pm

Nice, Chai. Yeah, the other idea was to get like a nice Schwinn Trike- something with a large basket on the back to carry the java, and also to get ice. Here in a couple months I'll start careening the yardsales/bike shops.
CLARKcon

Postby ibdave » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Hey Clark,

One year my wife and I brewed up( with the help of Mr. coffee) a bunch of pots to hand out to fellow campers.. I held the pots and she had a tray with all the fixings.. BTW we don't drink the stuff.
The funnest part was heading over to the bank of potties early in the morning. The look of the faces as we handed out the hot drink was priceless.

P.S. Were going to be in your neck Oregon this summer.. Wallowa Lake.
Love that place..
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Addicted Caffiend's at Espresso Camp

Postby EspressoDude » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:54 pm

About the logistics stuff----- for our 3000 shots of espresso served, we went thru about 18 pounds of coffee (we took 24 pounds of french roasted beans) and 40 gallons of water. We took nine 5 gallon jugs and brought one home. We had more coffee left over than water, It takes more water than you think.

We are also recruiting a few baristas to help this year....... Partly cuz we expect to serve more this year........more water needed.

Don't worry about center camp, they get all the business they can handle and the more places to catch a buzz the better.

Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby CLARKcon » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:07 pm

Holy smokes! That sounds like alot, but it also makes sense. Going to have to do some mathmatics. Last year at PF we took out 42 gallons of water, and left with a gallon to drink on the ride home. We live 10 miles from a Natural spring water bottling plant, costs about .50 cents a gallon. The more I think into it, this might be the first year to have to get a tow-along trailer! Will have to start trial and error on some recipes, too!
CLARKcon

More stuff...

Postby CLARKcon » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:26 pm

CLARKcon

Postby tisha2 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:52 pm

Eric wrote:

That alone is enough to have me come by & say hello.

The fact that I'm addicted to The Coffee doesn't hurt either.

back off shutterslut.
ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat
tisha2

Re: Addicted Caffiend's at Espresso Camp

Postby tisha2 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:55 pm

EspressoDude wrote:Don't worry about center camp, they get all the business they can handle and the more places to catch a buzz the better.

precisely, dude. well put. :D
ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat
tisha2

Postby CLARKcon » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:17 pm

Nice, tisha2. Yeah, COFFEE CAMP would only shave off like .000067 of a percent of the cafe customers. We are going to have a meeting tonight in town about Theme Camp/Not theme camp. Either way, we'll be serving whoever's around us. Hope to talk to you in "The Bar" thread soon!
CLARKcon

Postby CLARKcon » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:46 am

CLARKcon

Postby CLARKcon » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:59 pm

CLARKcon

Next

Return to 2006 Theme Camps