Oct. 4 Party Mutaytor Downtown LA

All things outside of Burning Man.

Oct. 4 Party Mutaytor Downtown LA

Postby madmatt » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:19 am

Without stepping on any toes by giving Mutaytor any extra publicity...THE PARTY SATURDAY BLEW MY MIND!

The party brought me right back to the playa, I met new friends, saw old friends and loved seeing and (being) so many fucking freaks jumping up and down glad to be alive!

What did y'all think?
madmatt

Postby Ivy » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:31 am

Hey matt, it was good to run into you at the party. I saw a lot of people that I recognized and always see around (you know, doing that whole wave & smile thing, how you doing, but don't really "know" them), but very few people I actually "knew" so I was glad to see you and your mates and have some conversation.
The serotonins were okay, I'm not too into them but I dig anyone who can belt out songs about how much they love wheat toast. I had several interesting conversation after that about how much people love toast. Apparently toast is divine. Everyone loves toast.
I didn't see alot of the stage show (I'm too darn short to see over all those tall people !) but the aerial stuff was way cool and I was terribly jealous--I wanted to rappel down the building, I mean, what ever happened to "participate?" :)
I bailed almost immeadiately after the Mutaytor set; it was getting way too crowded for me and as we were leaving, sercurity was actually holding the doors saying they were at capacity. I heard later on it wasn't very pretty: ran out of water, cups, booze, ice, TP, etc, several times over.
Ivy

Postby PJ » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:10 pm

Ivy wrote:...Everyone loves toast...

.jpg?
PJ

Postby Ivy » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:32 pm

I wish I had a pic, PJ--the serotonins are infamous for stripping naked and letting people fondle their genetalia.
Supposedly there are some pics up at http://www.djwolfie.com but I haven't looked at any of them yet.
Ivy

Postby Alpha » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:31 pm

well hell I was there and looking for y'all but since I have no idea what you look like I probably saw you and didn't know it. :-P

We had a blast... stayed 'til about 2:30, didn't see any genitalia fondling but our wow was mostly yukked when they took that guy out on a stretcher (anyone know what happened?)
Alpha

Postby Ivy » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:40 pm

I bailed around midnight and although I talked to alot of people that stayed later, no one mentioned anything about a stretcher.

I was the girl in the giant lime green and heliotrope leopard print fur coat with the zebra striped hair. I was pretty hard to miss.
Ivy

Postby Cheesus » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:07 pm

From what I understand, the kid taken out on the stretcher OD'd on some substance(s) or another. Beyond that, I have no idea.

I did hear tell that there was much fondling of geniatlia as the night edged closer to dawn... but I was long gone by then.
Cheesus

Postby madmatt » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:34 pm

Hi Ivy!!
Yeah, great seeing you at the Soiree. You looked fabbie, the cheetah hair was delux. Too bad you left early. It did get real crowded for a while, but outside was always mellow. We stayed till about 5:30 when it shut down. When the kid od'd, they shut down the bars sending everyone into a panic. The bad part was they didn't have any water, but after a while word spread around that the girl's pottie had a working faucet, and people mellowed out (relatively).

Best part was, we stayed there so long that I was actually able to have good conversation with some of those 'hi bye' aquantainces in addition to raising all hell. What a freakshow. We loved it.

See you at the street faire? ox
madmatt

Postby Alpha » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:46 pm

Ivy wrote:I was the girl in the giant lime green and heliotrope leopard print fur coat with the zebra striped hair. I was pretty hard to miss.

One of the things I loved about the party is that it was indeed possible to miss this! So many funky people (so little time).... anyway sounds like you were quite a sight -- sorry I didn't get a chance to say Hi.
Alpha

Postby Ivy » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:44 pm

I heard one guy said they were out of water and the line for that faucet was so long that he drank from the skanky faucet out front. (shudder)

I don't quite have the stamina to stay at those kinds of things until 5am...I'm not as young as I used to be, y'know. Even though I bailed, i still got to fondle some genetalia, so it all worked out well.

I'm totally planning on being at the street faire, got faily certain booking today to dance on one of the stages; I'm very excited about that. We are also planning some guerilla belly dancing and we will take over the street with our shimmying!

Hmm, how shall I do my hair his time...
Ivy

Postby PJ » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:59 pm

Ivy wrote:I was the girl in the giant lime green and heliotrope leopard print fur coat with the zebra striped hair.

.jpg?
PJ

Postby Ivy » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:24 pm

I think you've already seen the coat, yes?
Ivy

Postby PJ » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:41 pm

That'd be good camo for hunting squirrels.

IN the trees.
PJ

Postby Alpha » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:12 am

Ivy wrote:Even though I bailed, i still got to fondle some genetalia, so it all worked out well.

your own doesn't count! :-P

thanks for posting the pic... cool 'do!
Alpha

Postby Ivy » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:17 am

It wasn't all mine, although mine were definately involved...

Don't be jealous. :)
Ivy

Postby jbelson » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:39 pm

The one thing that amazed me at the party was this skinny-pretty boy doing some amazing stuff with a hula hoop. He was poetry. His body flowed like water around the hoop. They were truely a part of eachother. I'm saying all this and I wasn't tripping, so you know it was good.
Hearing the drums and watching the fire dancing was really great, gave me chills.
The kool part of the evening is when I saw one of my old high school buddies there. I hadn't seen him in a year or so, but it made perfect sence that he was a part of the BM community.
Strategically, I brought a flask in with me. The old man in me knows better. So when the bar closed, I still had some drink. Enough that I went up to a man I thought was Pinky to thank him for his camp, but he denied being him. I didn't accept it and I kept thanking him anyway. He was just laughing, But I know it was him all incognito like.
"I gotta have more cowbell"
Bruce dickenson, legendary rock producer
jbelson

Postby Ivy » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:55 pm

I know which guy you;re talking about, and you weren't tripping--he is absoluelty fluid. I can't remember his "stage name" off the top of my head, but I've seen him a couple of time before and he's incredible.
Ivy

Postby Cheesus » Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:13 pm

His name is Charise (pronounced kaREESE), and yes, his hooping is a beautiful thing to behold. He took a short break from the band, but he's back in full effect for now.
Cheesus

Postby Alpha » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:07 pm

Yeah, we saw him upstairs warming up before he went down to perform with Mutaytor. Incredible!

Did we see you there, Cheesus? Do you perform w/ the band?
Alpha

Postby Alexiis » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:01 pm

[/quote} our wow was mostly yukked when they took that guy out on a stretcher (anyone know what happened?)[/quote]

He's OK...bad judgement on the intake of recreationals. No lasting effects, thank the devine.
Alexiis

Postby jbelson » Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:11 am

[/quote}

He's OK...bad judgement on the intake of recreationals. No lasting effects, thank the devine.[/quote]

How high was his embarrasment factor? I've done plenty in my time but have never been carried out, especially in front of all those people.

I think he learned a valuable lesson: He's invincible!!! (seeing that he's okay now).
jbelson

Postby madmatt » Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:45 pm

Alexiis, too bad you couldn't make it, we had a blast and at least half of the Joycampers were there. Hope you can make it to the street faire. Matt.
madmatt

Postby Alexiis » Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:37 pm

Should see ya there! Joy camp representing?
Alexiis

Postby madmatt » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:26 pm

Yup, we'll be there, but not building camp. I saw in the newsletter that Front Porch will have camp there, is that you? I hope so. M.
madmatt

Postby Cheesus » Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:28 pm

Alpha wrote:Yeah, we saw him upstairs warming up before he went down to perform with Mutaytor. Incredible!

Did we see you there, Cheesus? Do you perform w/ the band?

You might have seen me - I was one of the guys crouched at the front of the stage, lighting fire tools and extinguishing them - I'm head of fire safety for the band.

I do occasionally perform - so far, it's only been at Xara Dulzura, Coachella, and on burn night this year. I may be performing more frequently in the future, but for now, fire safety is the name of my game.
Cheesus

Postby jbelson » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:36 am

Cheesus
You were awesome.
Did you grow up in North hollywood by any chance?
jbelson

Return to Open Discussion