Star Trek Theme Camp at Burn 2006!

Postby retropsycho » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm

Here's the 2005 contact info for Spock Mountain, from the 2005 Theme Camp archives on the BM website:

http://www.burningman.com/themecamps/05 ... l_5.html#S

Spock Mountain Research Labs
As a group of Cyberbilly Hyperscientists we pride ourselves on the things that make us proud. We produce one of the only on-playa written and printed newspapers, distribute Hyperwhiskey(TM), and have hillbilly music when we feel like it.
Hometown: Sylmar, CA
URL: http://www.pigdog.org/ssm
I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone . . . there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
retropsycho

Postby griffin » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:54 pm

Going way back to Robotland's idea which I don't even remember.

I think if you set up the ST camp to be a kind of space station. Do lots of advertiesing to get art cars to come visit you, and "dock" for a while. Serve beverages with lots of food coloring, and maybe some dry ice.

You can create a space station/cantina, like the one in star wars, where people of all walks of life can come and mingle.

It would be really cool for a theme camp to always be loaded with different art cars. I've never seen that before.

Just plan to have plenty of space in the front of your camp for them to park, and plan on having plenty of booze.

If you get really creative, you can set up some kind of holodeck, and maybe some of the gambling games seen on DS9.

My main suggestion for all of this would be to adverties heavily. Register the camp, and put an add in the What, When, Where guide. Try to get on the BM Radio station, and maybe even a plug in the Jack Rabbit Speaks.

I say go for it. The theme fits, and I think other people would appreciate seeing a mix of art cars parked for them to look at up close.
----------------------------
yesterday was unique
today was the same
----------------------------
www.cypresslounge.com
griffin

Postby retropsycho » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:13 pm

griffin wrote:Hey Spock Mtn. We camped near you a couple years ago...

Griffin -

"Spock Mountain" isn't on this thread. FortRock is the individual looking at doing a Star Trek theme camp, and he mentioned not being able to find contact info for the Spock Mountain camp and I posted it

~ Retro
I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone . . . there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
retropsycho

Postby robotland » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:02 pm

griffin wrote:Going way back to Robotland's idea which I don't even remember.

...and I was being a tad facetious- But I really DO like the idea of a "space station", although I wouldn't stick to a copy of an existing one. A big central dome with "airlocks", fun props and Strange Alien Beings lounging around would be loads of fun..The latter would obviously be easiest come by.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby lurker » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:52 pm

What about a space-themed drive in restaurant, with pink-haired green carhops wearing those bouncing shoues(zero-gravity)?
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"
lurker

Postby robotland » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:59 pm

Or for you old-school trekkies- "Pike's Place", with a bevvy of green Orion slave girl waitresses....And Mugatu wrestling, three shows a night.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Whelp » Tue May 16, 2006 1:24 pm

I think that a Star Trek camp would be a really, really unique opportunity.

Imagine... For the first time ever, live at BM 2006, a Star Trek fan will SEE A WOMAN NAKED!

This might be the first time in the history of the universe that this has happened.
Whelp

Postby blyslv » Tue May 16, 2006 2:48 pm

Shinxy wrote:
Have you been to Burning Man before FortRock? If not I'd suggest you just observe until you "get it." There's a definite vibration towards NEW expressions, and away from things that reference pop culture and the Default World.

All the more reason to do it. Maybe it's time to shake up a few preconcieved notions and pat expectations of "experienced burners" who "get it."

Get what? That there is a BM Code O' Conduct? That there are certain mores and unwritten codes that must not be violated?

It's radical self expression, not expression aimed to make you popular with burners.

Go for it and ....

beam me up!
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby BoxaRox » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:15 pm

BoxaRox

Postby BoxaRox » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:14 pm

whaddya mean I already said that?
BoxaRox

Previous

Return to 2006 Theme Camps