any one thinking about plans for 2006 burn

Postby FungusAmongus » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:13 pm

:D
FungusAmongus

Postby FungusAmongus » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:22 pm

Ok, not a theme camp, but i am in the process of building a wooden statue based upon the easter island statues. It will be approx. 15ft tall(9 foot body, 6 foot head). A ladder installed in the back will provide access to the head. Upon entering into the head you will be able to control light sequencing(i have loads of Christmas tree lights and other misc. fixtures), smoke machine, megaphone, eyelids, and also a periscope so you can look out towards the playa from 15 feet above the ground.
FungusAmongus

Postby falk » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:49 pm

http://www.efalk.org/OasisDome/ might be back next year. I might do it as a japanese water garden this time around.

Also thinking of building a muffin car or two.
falk

Expenses

Postby Rage » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:02 am

There will be no more pussy ass cryin over gas prices... The expenses are what they will be.

We drove a 26ft RV from NY to the Burn towing a trailer with an art vehicle. Problems with the carb had us doing so badly that we killed the round-trip gas budget just getting there. Then came the tranny rebuild before returning...

Friends and family helped get us home, thank God!

Start early and save hard... it's all you can do!
"I was dreamin' when I wrote this
Forgive me if it goes astray..." - Prince
Rage

Postby StevenGoodman » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:03 am

[quote="HughMungus"][quote="blyslv"][quote="DallasPlaya"] "Slow Dance" theme camp. [/quote]

One year (03) some people put up the Slow Dance Pagoda. It was heavenly, nothing faster then 70 BPM.[/quote]

Yeah, I was wondering if anybody had ever done it. There was The Necklace Factory before Black RocK Necklace Camp, too. Oh well. Imitation, flattery, etc.[/quote]

Slow Dance Pagoda was the Slo Burn people out of Seattle? I think...
StevenGoodman

Postby Lorgasm » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:56 am

7 MORE MONTHS!!!!
AAAAUUUUGGGHHHH!
BOOBIES!!!
Lorgasm

Postby AntiM » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:42 am

Alright, decided on the project for the swing: "Five Minutes After." Anyone who lived through the nuclear 50s ~ 70s can remember the fear that nuclear winter and total global destruction were imminent. I want to set up the swing, tattered and burned, surrounded by a charred low white picket fence, melted pink flamingos, and a skeleton clutching a tall blasted cocktail glass dressed in bermuda shorts and a pink polo shirt, perhaps with penny loafers and a jaunty straw fedora. A watch on the skeleton's wrist would be set at five after midnight. I'd wire the skeleton securely to one seat of the swing, the second seat would be sittable and shaded. Lighting would be simple and basic.

Think I could get this out on the playa? All my art has been modest and either bike mobile or placed in front of my camp. Thoughts?
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Natasha » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:21 pm

AntiM...I can already picture it. Very nice....
The future belongs to those who believe in the power of their dreams.
Natasha

Carousel

Postby Rage » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:28 pm

I'm already developing the website for Carousel. It manages the campmate database, work assignments, collaberation, communication, plans, logistics, budget development, etc. It also serves as a recruiting tool to bring in more talent to our growing circle of friends and associates.

We should be kickin ass this year!
"I was dreamin' when I wrote this
Forgive me if it goes astray..." - Prince
Rage

poi

Postby webdaemon » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:14 pm

This isnt a theme camp but it is some thing i plan on doing. my name is leon and last year i was a virgin burner... i saw some AMAZING fire preformances by the hookah dome, and shortly after burning man i purchased a set of fire poi for my self and have been practicing ever since. i hope by the time i get to burning man i will be good enough to preform at any fire shows on the playa.
webdaemon

Postby BoxaRox » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:02 pm

OMG! The time. It just flies!
BoxaRox

Previous

Return to 2006 Theme Camps