Edit User Name???

Want to request a new feature? You've come to the right place...

Edit User Name???

Postby Psychic Salsa King » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:07 pm

So, just incase anyone knows how to spell, you will notice the typo in my User Name... how embarrasing - I don't want to live with this forever and ever. Does anyone know if there is a way to edit this???[/b]
Psychic Salsa King

Postby Ranger Genius » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:10 pm

Probably just create a new account. You've only got two posts so far. You can then probably ask the admins to delete you, but that's probably not strictly necessary.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”
Ranger Genius

Re: Edit User Name???

Postby HughMungus » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:13 am

Pyschic Salsa King wrote:So, just incase anyone knows how to spell, you will notice the typo in my User Name... how embarrasing - I don't want to live with this forever and ever. Does anyone know if there is a way to edit this???[/b]

Email the mods. That's what I did (I was DallasPlaya).

eplaya at burningman (replace at with @ and remove the spaces)

HughMungus
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Postby spectabillis » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:07 pm

easiest to just create a new one, besides - not like there are umpteen hundred other un-used accounts.
spectabillis

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:03 pm

spectabillis wrote:... there are umpteen hundred other un-used accounts.

Yeah, most of them TOS violations from Russia.

Why can't we just delete them outright?

bb
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Psychic Salsa King » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:11 pm

Thanks, I may just do the new account thing - although they won't let you use an e-mail address that is attached to another account - good thing I have a couple of those too - seems I'm starting a trend.
Psychic Salsa King

Postby spectabillis » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:59 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:Yeah, most of them TOS violations from Russia.
Why can't we just delete them outright?

no one to do it at the moment. how many in the user list need deleting?

we really need a code mod for it.
spectabillis

Postby HughMungus » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:36 am

Pyschic Salsa King wrote:Thanks, I may just do the new account thing - although they won't let you use an e-mail address that is attached to another account - good thing I have a couple of those too - seems I'm starting a trend.

Re-read my post. The answer is there. I have all the answers. They came to me in a vision one night:

I had eaten a small dose of mushrooms and was headed to see DJ Lorin spin in a big dome (I forget which...) with some friends. We parked our bikes and we were about to go in when we saw a band playing next door. We got closer and saw a clown on stage... and I noticed that there was a full percussion setup up-stage-left that no one was playing! I play percussion so I asked someone next to the stage what was happening with it... he encouraged me to play! So I did. It was fun! I was part of the band! I was on mushrooms! After one song was over I was about to get off the stage but the clown told me to keep playing. So I did. :) We played another half dozen or so songs. Afterwards I met the klown Boenobo. Turns out he's the front man of Gooferman and the main man in Gooferville. I told him that I wanted Pattern Interrupt to play at Burning Man in 2006. He gave me some beers and flyers so I could contact him later. I went next door into the dome and danced for a couple hours and shared the beers with the people I was dancing with.
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Postby emily sparkle » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:21 pm

apologies everyone!

i've been working my tukkus off opening a new business.

AND, strangly... my burningman.com email had clogged up since december 1 -- not that i had any time to notice...

anyway. i'll go fix your spelling issue now... are you the same person who emailed me too?
:) emily sparkle
eplaya administrator
___

mobilize, energize, motivate, INSPIRE ordinary people to do things to improve their quality of life.
- nobel peace prize winner, wangari maathai
emily sparkle

Return to Feature Requests