Green Fairy Bar

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Green Fairy Bar

Postby boarhead » Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:28 am

Did anyone partake in some Absynthe drinking/making?

Comments?
boarhead

Postby shitmouse » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:35 am

i did.
for my first time too.

a newbie we had at camp this year whom has never camped ever in her life brought some Absynthe from europe via the cruise ship industry.
it was the real deal, and not the fakey similar tonic that others make that are 'legal'.

it was a pretty intense drink to say the least. no lack of flavor that's for sure. --(i didn't experience anything other than a general alcohol buzz though, wasn't sure what to look for in that case, but heard some stories.).
-b
=-=-= \<>/ =-=-=
shitmouse

Postby TawnyGnosis » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:31 pm

I drank absinthe for the first time last weekend, it knocked me on my back and into a nether world. I felt super intuitive and sexy but still too intoxicated for my tastes. It was a kind of slow creeping combination of being drunk and high at the same time.

I found I had to sleep it off and drive home in the morning, and won't do it again.
Heaven's going to burn your eyes
TawnyGnosis

Postby ecliptic » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:11 pm

My German buddy brought me a bottle this year. Unfortunately I can't attest to the intoxicating properties. I can hardly choke the stuff down. The taste is awful. But if you like anise tasting liquors it wouldn't be so bad.
ecliptic

Re: Green Fairy Bar

Postby Rob the Wop » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:23 pm

boarhead wrote:Did anyone partake in some Absynthe drinking/making?

Comments?

They had a still out on the playa?
The other, other white meat.
Rob the Wop

Green Fairy Bar

Postby cowgirl » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:45 pm

my favorite part of the demonstration was...

when he threw up in front of us all and then went on speaking!

oh if only i were a writer... that whole experience would make a great short story. and i didn't even get to drink any!
cowgirl

Postby DogBoy » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:03 pm

I take a bottle of the Chzek(?) made stuff every year; have since '99. I am very strict on who I'll give some to; I've seen some freakouts & try not to let people mix the wrong stuff with it.

Small amounts only!

I like a bit about 3/4 way thru mushrooms...
DogBoy

Location: Twins City, OR "The hardest place to find in Oregon"

Absinthe drinkin' and makin'

Postby bgirl » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:21 pm

There apparently was a Absinthe Den in the Blue Light District in 1997.One night they had a virgo party(bring yer ID),and I spent some time looking for it (aug.29 b'girl),had a blast doing so, but still came up empty handed.I have had absinthe on occasion,with the sugar cube and water, and I find that the hype is part of the high.Although .......I do remember one night out with friends, after having a few drinks of absinthe,running into quite a few different groups of people in the clubs and streets that were gushing about the lovely energy I had and to keep whatever I had" going on ! "(?) Hhhmmmnnnn?
bgirl

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks