Anybody want to do some flame throwing?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Anybody want to do some flame throwing?

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:50 am

as some may have noticed i have put up some topics that have bothered some and humored others. there are a lot of people that would love to take some pop shots at me and that's all good. (that was kind of what i was trying to provoke with the posts.) these i would like to call "flame throwing". (well i did'nt create the name but anyway)

i just hink there are a few that need to let off some flame and there are some pretty good flame throwers here. some are not so good and i myself love to throw some flame every now and then. i can take a little burn myself.

not only that, Hotblack Desiato has a point:

Hotblack Desiato wrote:It might be a good idea to designate an area for threads that don't belong anywhere else.

Like troll threads, or threads with a catchy header and no substantial opening post, et cetera.

If a thread surfaces which appears to be more or less useless, it could be moved to the aforementioned area, so interested parties could participate and uninterested parties could, well, not.

Just a suggestion.

and also i really am kind of upset about kenetics sudden depature. so i want to see if i can deflate some of the pressure cookers out here with a flame throw. a punchingbag of sort.

(is that ok?)
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby Alpha » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:38 am

Great, can I start?

You post like a 17-year-old who's broken into Dad's liquor cabinet.

You're right, that was much fun! Thanks!
Alpha

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:40 am

good one.

and hey if i dont answer right away it's ok either i'm away doing some work or i might just think whatever was said be left unsaid.

ok?

keep em comming.
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby Kinetic II » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:53 am

Digiman:
Take a lesson from Badger's comments to Kinetic before he left. There's some advice there that applies to you, in particular his stalking comments.

Also, the way your posting and getting people pissed off, you'll be joining some notorious company on the e-playa: Chunking & Joseph Dunphy. Both names are persona non grata on here. Your headed down the same path they did and the overall e-playa community is going to tune you out. It's already happening and it's going to get worse if you keep going.
Kinetic II

Postby Blenderhead » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:01 am

DM, please see response in Experiences: Most Clueless Burner. Don't know how you'll do heading down the stretch, but you're greased lightning coming out the gate.
Blenderhead

Postby III » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:07 am

i can't believe i'm doing this.

but chunking really doesn't deserve to be lumped in with that crowd.

he had his own opinions, and it certainly was painful wading through his posts.

but his positions were sincere, and he really did take the tiime and effort to both understand other poinnts of view, as well as trying to explain his own.

i have no great desire to see the flamewars his opinions generated return, but i also never got the feeling that his posts were intended to merely stir the pot and pointlessly rouse the ire of eplaya inhabitants. in that sense, he was a step above joseph dunphy and a couple others of that ilk.
III

Postby Ivy » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:39 am

Trey,
I agree and disagree with you. I do believe that Chunking had his opinions and fiercely presented and defnded them. i think these were true beliefs.
But I do think there were times, both on the e-playa and on other groups I've seen his posts on, that sometimes they were intended to stir the pot.
Nothing wrong with that, both you and I have been known to do the same.

I agree that he is in a different category, though. He was no troll.
Ivy

Postby DogBoy » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:48 am

Alpha led the pack with-
You post like a 17-year-old who's broken into Dad's liquor cabinet.

See, I'm not the only one that thinks you sound drunk digi.
DogBoy

Location: Twins City, OR "The hardest place to find in Oregon"

Postby Rob the Wop » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:59 am

May rabid chipmunks chew off your ass cheeks! Err... anyone!
The other, other white meat.
Rob the Wop

Postby Niacin » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:36 pm

-apologies for the novel.

Digiman,

We've spoken briefly, as until now my zen 'who cares' attitude towards all things interweb that annoy me has been quite sufficient in forestalling this dialog.

Recently, your spew of the last couple of days consisting of low-quality posts lacking in humour, intelligence, and even grammar has bummed me out about the e-playa to such degree that I actually went multiple days without checking the board. I find so much redeeming value in your posts that I think they are, one and all, much more appropriate to be written in spray-paint on the shady underside of a railway overpass, next to the penis sketches and under the 'for a good time call' section.

Further, even this afternoon when I decided to fire up the interweb and look at the board, inwardly my soul was cringing on the possibility of reading your drivel in much the same reaction that my five year old cousin has when there's a spider in the room. It's really the cutest thing, y'all should see it sometime.

However, I do have to say that I do like the pictures you post every once in a while. They have much redeeming value, I'm quite fond of them really, and that leads me to believe that with a little more effort on your side and a great deal more temperament on mine, we'll get along just famously.

Therefore, in the future, I urge you to:
1. Learn to use the shift key.
2. Speak complete sentences, and make sure that each of your paragraphs encompasses an entire thought instead of bandering about like you suffer from some form of mental Tourette's.
3. Realize, and act on the epiphany that even though everyone here has such a delightfully different viewpoint towards the human condition, some subjects that may come up in replies are not necessarily worthy of a new post.
4. And lastly, please sir, I beg of you, slow down in your posting. Take time with each one. Read them before pressing 'submit', and make sure that you can be happy with what you've written.

Warmest regards,
Max
lebenskunstler - noun, German - someone for whom life is an art form.
Niacin

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Zondermaan

Postby DogBoy » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:01 pm

Niacin penned-
2. Speak complete sentences, and make sure that each of your paragraphs encompasses an entire thought instead of bandering about like you suffer from some form of mental Tourette's.
3. Realize, and act on the epiphany that even though everyone here has such a delightfully different viewpoint towards the human condition, some subjects that may come up in replies are not necessarily worthy of a new post.
4. And lastly, please sir, I beg of you, slow down in your posting. Take time with each one. Read them before pressing 'submit', and make sure that you can be happy with what you've written.

Well said. Remember that we only know you via what you write.

<begin thread drift>
Niacin, keep up the faith on the stop smoking thing.
<end thread drift>
DogBoy

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:09 pm

Ailchinn wrote:Digiman:
Take a lesson from Badger's comments to Kinetic before he left. There's some advice there that applies to you, in particular his stalking comments.

i did'nt see badger's coment to kenetic. please turn me on to it. also i dont stalk. or do stalking comments. i reply when spoken to or about when, needed. especialy in defense. plus i do (unlike others ) have a life. stalking does not fit the profile. you can beg to differ.

Also, the way your posting and getting people pissed off, you'll be joining some notorious company on the e-playa: Chunking & Joseph Dunphy.

i dont know them either. but ok.

Both names are persona non grata on here. Your headed down the same path they did and the overall e-playa community is going to tune you out. It's already happening and it's going to get worse if you keep going.

i've done nothing but try and in many cases to be nice. the only ones i've sparred with are the ones that flamed me first and flamed me in the most inconcevable way. hey i'm a nice guy. my jokes may not be as "suave" as some others may think they're jokes are but hey. i'm not a comedian.

it helps if everyone get really specific so i can narrow down the points and get straight to the point quicker. in other words if you have a gripe about something i've done, the quotes do work and i did'nt create the quote button.

Ivy did a great job of it earlier.

thanks.
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:13 pm

Rob the Wop wrote:May rabid chipmunks chew off your ass cheeks! Err... anyone!

rob has always and still gets it. and gets funnier all the time. sorry dogboy that you and 1 or 2 or 3 others are'nt getting it. hey maybe you will soon.

either way hurry up.
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby precipitate » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:19 pm

> are'nt getting it

The apostrophe is used to replace omitted letters in a contraction, or to
indicate the possessive. Thus:

are + not = aren't
did + not = didn't
dog of Mary = Mary's dog
it + is = it's
dog of it = its dog [this is an exception to the rule, which is why I include it]

> hey maybe you will soon.

Inshallah.
precipitate

Location: Somewhere near an ocean and a desert and a mountain

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:23 pm

Niacin wrote:-apologies for the novel.

Warmest regards,
Max

thanks for the advice Niacin but i have to be truthfull i am a bad speller. no shit i know. and being there is no spell cheker here well....what can i say.
as far as the shift key it's bad enough that i can't type. i do the best that i can in that area i'll try a little harder but as it be, i'm usually working at the same time as i do this communique as in WORKING. so......

and thanks really thanks a lot for liking my art. that means alot. and no it was'nt a novel. it's what's needed to be done and done rather constructively i might add. thanks.

and this one is the last topic i post.

i'm sure that will make a bunch happy
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

must...not...scream...

Postby DogBoy » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:28 pm

digi scribbled-
it helps if everyone get really specific so i can narrow down the points and get straight to the point quicker.

(Stepping to the podium & tapping microphone) Is this thing on?
Seems to me that people have been doing this for a while.

(sigh) OK, I'l try:
Digiman-Work on improving your typing skills. It will make your posts easier to read & will help to get people to react less hostile to you if you don't sound like "a 17 year old who broke into dad's liquor cabinet." See the tipes in Niacins post above.
Don't post a new thread just because you can. If you have a subject you want to discuss, give an explanation in the OP. Even just a line or to to get things moving in the right direction. (IE; Girlie Girls: what do they mean to you? See, that"s not difficult)

Stop giving the impression that we should not trust you. I'm sorry you have had rough times in the past, but if you distrust everyone you meet (& on eplaya I use the term loosely), why should they trust you in return. Telling us that you assume we won't trust you is not the way to get us to trust you.

Don't assume that you know someone just because you have read a lot of their posts. All you know about them is the face they present to this board. Don't even assume you know someone you have emailed a thousand times. Your only getting their email persona.

Ok, if this was not clear & to the point enough for you, let me know and I will make it even more concise.
<end lecture>
DogBoy

Postby consumer » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:59 pm

Last edited by consumer on Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
consumer

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:04 pm

consumer wrote:Image

good thing you put it up that way. you could get sued. not by me though.

i'm sure you would love for that to be me but your just gonna be real mad when you find out what i really look like.

dude for your own sake dont use that pic again.

and hey thanks for using your avatar

i gotta tell you though it is pretty funny. :P
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby consumer » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:12 pm

sued? that's rich.

Never thought I'd get a legal threat on the e-playa.

Admins... we REALLY need the ignore feature added!
consumer

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:15 pm

consumer wrote:sued? that's rich.

Never thought I'd get a legal threat on the e-playa.

Admins... we REALLY need the ignore feature added!

no no no please dont take it the wrong way.

that pic is really not me it's a client friend named ed.

he works with the mayor and other things and has a real bad temper sometimes.

just giving you heads up.

i still though it was funny.
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby consumer » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:20 pm

ok, i changed the image link in my post. not for "fear of being sued for linking to a publically accessible image", but out of respect for the person not being the target of the "flame throwing" in this thread.
consumer

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:21 pm

hey i feel ya

it still was really funny no shit. wish we could have left it up there.

really funny. :P

well we can get away with one right?
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby Angry Butterfly » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:35 pm

Crap, when I read the name of this topic, I thought it was about BUILDING flame throwers, It was an understandable mistake, it being a burningman site, I guess I will have to start my own. When I realized it wasn't I just skimmed it, sorry.
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:43 pm

Angry Butterfly wrote:Crap, when I read the name of this topic, I thought it was about BUILDING flame throwers, It was an understandable mistake, it being a burningman site, I guess I will have to start my own. When I realized it wasn't I just skimmed it, sorry.

what are you going to call it?

dont worry i'll be good (nice) i wont start any problems.
i like to watch
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Re: must...not...scream...

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:46 pm

DogBoy wrote:digi scribbled-
it helps if everyone get really specific so i can narrow down the points and get straight to the point quicker.

(Stepping to the podium & tapping microphone) Is this thing on?
Seems to me that people have been doing this for a while.

(sigh) OK, I'l try:
let me know and I will make it even more concise.
<end lecture>

hope you saw what i posted before you. thanks for the advise. and thanks for giving me a break.

but you had fun right?
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby Markov Chaney » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:48 pm

DIGIMAN wrote:i'm sure you would love for that to be me but your just gonna be real mad when you find out what i really look like.

Ok, now I'm curious as to what you really look like.

Post a pic!
Markov Chaney

Postby Bob » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:57 pm

Any newbieplayans who think they could last two nanoseconds in a real flamewar, pls raise your pseudopodia.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:58 pm

Markov Chaney wrote:Ok, now I'm curious as to what you really look like.

Post a pic!

you kidding i'm having too much fun.

i dont know ....mabey if enough intrest is involved.
Last edited by THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN on Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby Angry Butterfly » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:00 pm

There is a place on the net just for flamewars: it is called Brawl Hall. It is pretty fun if you are in the right mood.
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:01 pm

Bob wrote:Any newbieplayans who think they could last two nanoseconds in a real flamewar, pls raise your pseudopodia.

oh.

this is gonna be good. if it going to be anything like i saw from you site you had up earlier i'm excited.
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Next

Return to Open Discussion