The demise of the CT party

The demise of the CT party

Postby MediKate » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:47 am

It's all good in the beginning. The Critical Tits Party is such a love fest and a beautiful celebration. But someone is letting the learing and leacherous through the gate. As I arrived this year, the party was all ladies, except for those few delightful men serving up kindness and pleasure. We left once we were outnumber 2:1 by guys. It felt weird and seemed to defeat the purpose of the party.... do I have it wrong?
MediKate

Postby HughMungus » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:18 am

It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Postby MediKate » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:20 pm

None of us lives in a vacuum. Interaction can be everything from a miracle to fucked up. It's not all about me. Or you. We create it together. But if I show up with less than perfect intention, you can be in it, or walk away. You know how it is though when someone comes into your sweet camp (or other) space and messes with the wah. It's a bit of a bummer. Luckily the playa is wide open with sweet!
MediKate

Hi

Postby captainerotica » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:27 pm

I organize the CT party.

I am sooo empathetic of the situation you are commenting on.

The simple answer to your question is this:

We get overwhelmed every year by the sheer numbers of men who try to get into the party.

This year for the first time we had laminate passes for all volunteers. A fence around the party made of strong deer netting. We had 40+ people on our security team.

After the first two hours we were so overwhelmed that we had to "fall back" into the party to watch the behavior of the men who had run past the gate staff, or cut holes in our fence or slid in under a tent wall etc etc. etc.

We spend endless effort trying to keep the all womens vibe of the party but each year more and more men follow the ride to the party.

We are doing our utter best to keep the vibe as long as possible without getting into any physical or loud confrontations with men who try to get into the event.

However hundreds of men are very hard to keep at bay in what has become the largest non fire event on the playa...

So you have our apologies and we hope this sheds light on your question.
=)
Namaste
Captain Erotica
Chivalry is not Dead ~ It's Co-Ed
captainerotica

Postby blyslv » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:49 pm

MediKate wrote: But if I show up with less than perfect intention,

Who decides what is less then perfect? Can you read someone's mind? Since when is hoping to get laid a thought crime?

I had no truck with SNAGs hoping to get laid, but this is the other side of the coin AFAIC. If you're hoiping to meet a nice, strong empowered women, I guess it makes sense to go to where they hang out.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby Chai Guy » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:12 pm

What if you had the Goddesses taking turns serving other Goddesses and banned men completely. Seems like it would make it easier to enforce the no-man policy.
Chai Guy

1st timers CT experience

Postby retropsycho » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:10 pm

A friend of mine wrote:
"I have to say it was my first time and I didn't like it very much. Too many cameras along the route ...too many lookyloos wandering around the event. I was appalled by it all. The guys serving I was prepared for...seeing folks like [name withheld] crashing the party made me a bit ill. If I wanted to flash my friends like that I'd do it around camp. I thought that was supposed to be a safe place, and it wasn't at all for me. I left very shortly after arriving at the party. Oh well. live and learn. Just not my thing. Love that it exists for others."

Another friend with the same reaction, sought out a security guard to complain.

I served at the afterparty and for the most part, I thought we were all having a blast. I loved the expression on their faces when I told the women I was serving chocolate martinis. Most reacted with "No way!" and were very, very happy.

One dude parked himself next to me behind my serving table. I wish I had gotten rid of him. I think he had the wrong attitude. He creeped ME out a little.

Thank you Cap't E, for letting me volunteer at your event!

I wonder if one of the camps who bring a large circus tent could be persuaded to host the party? Shame to move it inside, but it would be easier to block the entrance.
I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone . . . there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
retropsycho

Postby jbelson » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:24 pm

I was one of the line adorers @ the party and fortunately didn't notice many men at all. Although my attention was focused on providing the best head scratch possible for the lovely goddesses waitng in line. I did notice as the party went on, that more men jumped on the idea and started giving out shoulder massages and such.
I feel awful that you had that feeling regarding the party. A lot of people really work hard to make it a safe and enjoyable enviornment for the women who attend, and unfortunately it only takes one bad egg to ruin it for some.

And cap, another great party. The laminates I though were an excellent touch.
"I gotta have more cowbell"
Bruce dickenson, legendary rock producer
jbelson

Postby MediKate » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:51 am

All in all, it is an awesome event, and Capt E, my first CT party way back when transformed my BM experience and helped me to come the next year with new eyes. So thanks for that!!!!!
I get it that it's hard to keep the guys out, and frankly, I like guys ALOT!!!! :D so I can do pretty well until the creep factor just gets overwhelming. Luckily there's plenty of non-creep too, and out in the city is sweet respite when it gets stupid.
Again, thanks to the amazing men and women who do this cool thing for/with us!
MediKate

Postby we0ne » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:50 pm

Captain Erotica,

I didn't know who to thank for the party that night, days and weeks later, but since you have claimed ownership for this most beautiful event--[b][b]THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b] This was my first burn and of course first CT party. For reasons I won't bore you with, that party/parade has shaped the way I feel about several issues in my life right now. I was amazed at all the effort put into this and all for strangers with beautiful breasts. All the men who were volunteering were so respectful, fun and amazing. I didn't see too many unhappy woman in the crowd. There were a few guys who came in through an opening in the gate and were very quickly sent on their way, not by security, but by us, the guests of honor. Having stuggled very hard to breastfeed my son (now 3 and still nursing) I loved seeing all those lovely painted breasts and talking about other "breast experiances" nursing or otherwise. It rocked and I can't wait until next year. My son loved seeing all the breasts decorated in the parade and wondered how different ones milk would taste, back to the basics! I'm glad my son could see this, perhaps by the time he's 20, breasts will be bare if they chose to be when and where they chose to be. This was another great way for him to see how women and men ought to be treated by one another. There were a few young girls there who were decorated as well and I'm glad their parents find it important to show thier daughters how to love their bodies early, it a great habit to get into.

Thanks again

P.S. My husband would love to volunteer for you next year, so if your looking for help, he feels he owe's you one!

Cheers!
we0ne

Postby Isotopia » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:04 am

We get overwhelmed every year by the sheer numbers of men who try to get into the party.

What's so hard about saying something like..."Sorry, but we have a pre-determined ratio of the sexes here and at this point we've determined that any further admission of men into the party defeats the overall intent. Oh, and it doesn't look like standing in line is gonna get you any closer to getting in either. I'm sure you understand."
Isotopia

Postby lurker » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:23 am

Now THIS I understand.

Perhaps it might be possible to put a select group of adorers to the task of secondary fence? Perhaps use those who 'get it' but who are over the limit of entrants to serve as blockade.

Or block the view somehow.....
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"
lurker

Return to 2005 Theme Camps