Who WERE those DJs?

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Who WERE those DJs?

Postby b00m3rang » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:38 pm

Late on burn night, at the camp just to the left of the Opulent Temple with the big circular canvas smiley face and massive subwoofers. These guys were tag teaming, and playing some of the most unique, deep down gritty, funky, weird tribal techno stuff. One of them looked like he was wearing a pink nylon windbreaker, and the other one was wearing a white T-shirt... both appeared to me to be of Japanese descent (could be wrong).

If anyone knows who this was, or wear I can find tracks with this sound, PLEASE let me know.

Also, props to that camp for removing the backplates from those subwoofers, exposing them to the elements just to get a little better sound in the freeair environment (my guess as to why they were off, anyway).
b00m3rang

hmmm

Postby Picasso » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:59 pm

I don't know if the lineup ever was posted. But the groups that did that camo can be found here. [url]http://www.fnf.org/[/url] This group does allot of local partys in SF. I know there was recording none stop but who has those recordings I have no clue.

The design on those speakers have no back plate. The woofer is always exposed like that.
Picasso

Return to 2005 Art & Performance