Would BM exist without drugs?

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby madmatt » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:15 am

I did more drugs at BM this year than ever and it was stupendous. Mostly though, because I didn't ever over-do (se) it and becuase I drank very little alcohol. Usually a bloody mary or two during the day, and beer at night to settle the stomach, that's it.

I must say, while the mind reels for days afterward, the body recovers very quickly, while alcohol simply destroys the body.

I saw a lot of people who crashed early every night and missed a lot of shit because they were boozing it up hardcore all day and all night. I only slept like 3-4 hrs a night, and was up and at em in the morn and jamming all day, all night, and into the dawn.

The whole thing pumps you so full of adrenaline and endorphines, it gives you superhuman power to have fun.

I must say though - IF you're ever going to do drugs in your life, please do it at BM. Going to BM actually reduced my drug use overall. After having done it there, I felt like it was just a waste (of brain cells and time) to do it in the default world. It never could match up, so was sort of disappointing after that.
madmatt

Postby Todd in Seattle » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:27 pm

RebA! wrote:As long as drugs doesnt =alcohol then mine does all the time.

As shocking as it may seem to some I have never done any drugs (cept booze) ever.
I'll still with beer, wine and tekillya on the playa.

Every once in a while I wonder what it would be like. But then I just think ya know its just not worth it.

This is your brain on alcohol. Any questions?
Todd in Seattle

Postby Kinetic » Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:04 pm

Todd:
One bad thing about e-playa is we can't always figure out the intent behind a post...and I'm not sure if yours was meant in fun or was being serious.

In any event if it was serious....Reba makes her beer, and I use the term "beer" loosely. In all seriousness, the stuff she makes is very high quality ultra premium stuff. In a sense it is a work of art as it takes lots of time to make and they draw on centuries old techniques with a modern twist to do it. I was fortunate enough to enjoy a bottle of it this year, and it is some exceptional stuff.

If I took your post out of context, I'm sorry. But I've met Reba and while she can hold her own in here, I wanted to speak up and say something. Both her and husband are good people to know!
Kinetic

Oh ya

Postby Zona » Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:44 pm

True, they are way cool. Even better they put up with my high energy. I just love that!
Laika and me went on a ride.
Zona

Postby vulgaris » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:13 pm

I didn't like reefer much at BM. I just didn't. Made me feel weird. Drugs are "one of those things". If its there I do it if it isn't I don't. All the laughing dancing nudity happyness exists either way.
vulgaris

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy