Chicago Burners Group?

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Chicago Burners Group?

Postby McKraken » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:17 pm

Been in Chicago for about 1 and a half years and wondering if there are any BM groups already. We'll be attending BM for the first time in 2004 and would love to participate and possibly glean some advice and tips for a good first experience in the desert.
McKraken

Postby Envy is Blind » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:22 am

there's a massive chicago community..

the main list is chicago-list@burningman.com ... not sure how exactly you subscribe to that, but i'm on it... try emailing chicago-list-subscribe@burningman.com

also check out http://www.synchroni-city.org- they're located mainly in chicago and are a great group of people who get together all the time

~mike, eib
Envy is Blind

Chicago Decompression Party, Oct. 4th (Saturday)

Postby Drow-Z » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:49 pm

I'm also on the chicago-list group mail and have gone to synchronicity events, which are worth attending I might say, including the Wildlife Refuge in Kansasville.

I'm with the Xara camp at BM. There's a crew of us out here in Chicago. We have parties once every few months that we always invite Burners and would-be Burners to.

We're having one this Saturday at my loft space (660 W. Lake St. 3rd floor) between Halsted and Des Plaines in the Northwest loop. It starts at 9:00. We're showing a DVD of 2003 footage including the burn and temple burn. Video starts early on (by 10:00pm). Live music and DJ's will follow. Chicago Afrobeat Project may perform and there will be a live PA by Equulei and numerous DJ's.

email kevcuts@hotmail.com for more info or interest.
Kevin is affiliated with Mindtrick Records, Equulei, and XARA
Drow-Z

Party this weekend

Postby McKraken » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:40 pm

Unfortunately we are involved in organizing a rather large nationally rated art show in Louisville, KY this weekend. I wish we could have made it. I'll hold on to your email. Please let me know of your next get together, and I'll also check out the chicago-list group. Thanks.

cdmk9@hotmail.com
McKraken

Postby NaughtySnowAngel » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:55 pm

We are here in St. Louis (previously in Chicago) and are planning our first trek out to the Burn in '04.

Keep us posted on any get togethers, etc....we are up in Chicago frequentley.
NaughtySnowAngel

Postby Immersed » Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:48 pm

Hey Snow Angel, I wonder if we met you at a small east Nevada gas station on Monday, the week of the burn. There were four of us from Kansas with a jeep and a trailer. We met a guy and a girl from St. Louis who recently emigrated from Chicago. They had a homemade trailer with a load of bikes. Was this you?

Regardless, have you found the St. Louis burners yet?
Their yahoogroup is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/burningmanstlouis/
Also, we're in the Kansas City area and are working on a regional burn for this spring or summer. Our list is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MidwestBurners/

Peace
Immersed

Postby NaughtySnowAngel » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:47 pm

Alas, that was not us.....we are heading out west for the first time next August :)

Thanks for the links to the St. Louis Group and Midwest Group.

We can hardly wait for our first Burn!
NaughtySnowAngel

Return to Regionals & Events