Found: digital camera at the Temple Burn

If it has a charger, maybe a little screen, fits on your pocket or turns on and off, this is probably the category you want to try to get it back.

Found: digital camera at the Temple Burn

Postby ccq » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:38 pm

There I was enjoying the beautiful Temple burn. I turned to find some friends and spotted a digital camera on the playa with nary a soul insight. I picked it up in the hopes of saving it from destruction and reuniting it with its owner. There was enough battery for me to take a quick look at the pictures (and maybe even take one or two of my own!), but now it is in need of a recharge.

Please please please email me with a make and model so I can verify that it's yours and get it back to you promptly!

Cheers,
--Q
ccq@cs.stanford.edu
ccq

REWARD for my dear Playa pictures!

Postby Sparkplug » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:36 am

LOST - Pentax Optio silver camera. Dropped it somewhere between the middle of the Playa by the swinging Fireball on the way down the 3:00 Promenade towards Ego.

I would be overjoyed to extend a valuable REWARD (along with generous hugs and praises if you so desire!) to the fabulous Burner who can help me recover my irreplaceable Playa Pictures! Admittedly, I am a photo junkie, and the huge gaping void is painful. ;-(
I can identify many UNIQUE FEATURES (size/type of digital card, # of photos, what else was attached / with the camera , condition of camera, etc.) and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, Love , & Peace,
- Sparkplug

Identifying the camera..

Postby Sparkplug » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:55 am

Hi There,
I have sent you a PM with some specific attributes of my wayward little silver speed-bump.... if in fact the camera you rescued is mine.

Yay!!! Kudos to the Camera Rescuing Burner Brigade!!! :wink:

- Sparkplug
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."
Sparkplug

Was it a silver sony cybershot T1?

Postby nightshade » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:13 pm

If so, please let me know.

Thanks!!
nightshade

the loss of a camera

Postby Green Monkey » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:55 pm

I wish it was mine but I lost mine the night the man burned. It's so great that you are trying to reunite this camera with its owner. I hope the same happens for me.
Green Monkey

Do you have my camera?!? PLease say yes!

Postby lincironica » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:04 pm

Hi there!
I lost a Canon Powershot SD400 digital camera on the Playa. It was in a small, black leather PENTAX case. The serial # (which can be found on a sticker on the bottom of the camera) is 210723316396.
If there is still battery power left, the first photo is a weird composition of my pajama pants against a leopard print carpet. Other photos are of my Burning friends, a dawn wedding on a party bus, sillhouettes of dancers against the dawn sky at the Temple, shots of my friends at the Titty Totter, and I believe, the last photo taken at the "Talk to God" phonebooth.
In the pouch of the Pentax case was $150.00 which, if still there, is yours to keep, but I really would love that camera back as I JUST bought it the day before I left for BRC! Most important to me however, are the photos inside which should still be on the memory card...
Boy, I hope you have my camera... I am devestated over my loss and have been praying each day for it's return.
I hope your decomression is/has gone well.
Peace to you,
Lincoln
lincironica

Lost PENTAX OPTIO S5i CAMERA & (2) SD CARDS

Postby escher » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:12 pm

Hello,
I wonder if the camera you found is ours...
My girlfriend and I lost a BRAND NEW PENTAX OPTIO S5i CAMERA & (2) SD CARDS on the Playa sometime after the Temple Burn. It was stored in a small dark blue (almost metallic) zippered case with a black neck strap. Including the cards and case, it about a $400 loss - NOT TO MENTION THE PRICELESS BURNING MAN PICTURES WE TOOK!
If ours is the one you found, we can be reached at 303-433-7873
Regardless, thank you for taking the time and being honest enough to seek out it's original owner.
Namaste
escher

I lost a Casio 5megapixel camera

Postby darrynsongbird » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:32 pm

If you found it, you rock!!! It was in a black vinyl case with belt clip.
Casio 5 megapixels
Darryn in Los Angeles
805 637 1667
darrynsongbird

Postby SlinkyKat » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:17 pm

... this is such a long shot, but since you still haven't posted a note saying that the owner of this camera was found, I cannot resist the urge to write. I lost my canon power shot A80 on the playa with lots of pictures of Panty Camp (where I stayed). The last pictures on the camera were taken at night of a few art installations on the 3:00 Plaza.

If the make and model of the camera you found is the one I described, I can go in to much greater detail about what pictures were on it. Thank you and much happiness! ~ Kat
SlinkyKat

Ok clueless.....

Postby Nicola (aka Sunrise) » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:31 am

Has it been claimed or not yet?? hee hee

I lost mine the night the temple burned.......the back screen wasnt working 100% so you may not have been able to see pics anyway.. in which case sadly it probably wasnt mine......

But just in case

Mine was a casio 5.0 it still had all the stickers on the front cause I only bought it a few months before in Bangkok.........

It had about 400 photos on it...every single one a memory of burning man..... am heartbroken as I only have one picture of me at burning man...... I know other people took some but dont know how to contact them!!

Sunrise
Nicola (aka Sunrise)

Is it mine?

Postby magdalena357 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:45 pm

[b]I fainted the night of the temple burn and lost my Minolta Dimage. I am soooo bummed. I mostly want the photos back but the camera would be such a bonus. Please let me know if this sounds like the right camera and I can go into greater detail about it. Off the top of my head I can identify some of the photos that were on it.... a bunch of girls sprawled out on Matt Gonzalez's green mercedes benz (the one's I'm most interested in getting back). Some of the last shots were not of just the temple burn but of the playa artwork during the daytime (ie. me at the big dreamer head, the iron sculptures of people walking, etc.) PLEASE OH PLEASE I HOPE THIS IS MY CAMERA! [/b]
magdalena357

Re: Found: digital camera at the Temple Burn

Postby kmosully » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:35 am

[quote="ccq"]There I was enjoying the beautiful Temple burn. I turned to find some friends and spotted a digital camera on the playa with nary a soul insight. I picked it up in the hopes of saving it from destruction and reuniting it with its owner. There was enough battery for me to take a quick look at the pictures (and maybe even take one or two of my own!), but now it is in need of a recharge.

Please please please email me with a make and model so I can verify that it's yours and get it back to you promptly!

Cheers,
--Q
ccq@cs.stanford.edu[/quote]

Hi there,
It wasn't by chance a Casio Exilim was it? 4.0 Mega Pixels?
If so, let me know as I lost mine!
Thank you,
Kevin
kmosully

Lost Camera at Temple Burn! Can't replace!

Postby AmyD » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:48 pm

Help if you found my camera!

There I was experiencing my first public mourning, releasing all this pent up pain and anger and sadness... and apparently my camera, too. :(

If you found my camera at the Temple burn, I will offer a reward. I cannot afford to replace the camera and two borrowed memory sticks with it. The camera is a Nikon Coolpix L1 in a black/grey Lowe Pro camera case. One of the memory sticks is in the tiny pocket.

If you know anything, help before I leave for India! It's the only camera I have!

peace,
AmyD

dharmabum73@yahoo.com
Nature beats all in BRC... every time. See you agai n when the unrelenting sun and wind take hold of me and my soul cries out in joy.
AmyD

Wow...

Postby wildilocks » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:45 pm

I feel a little better that I'm not the only one to lose my camera, but I'm sad that there are alot more lost posts than found posts. My camera is a cellphone/camera but it actually looks alot more like a camera than a cell phone. It was in a blue backpack, not on it's own, but on the offchance that you picked up mine, it looks like a little retro style travel camera, it's not a common cell phone anywhere outside asia, so should stand out. One guy I met even took a photo of the camera, it's only a couple of months old and stands out. Pics of the model are available here:

http://mobile.softpedia.com/phonePictures/1077

Any information regarding the whereabouts of the phone will be greatly rewarded, if you managed to take it out of the Burn with you with intent of trying to find the owner I'm HERE and I will be eternally grateful to have it back!
wildilocks

Lost camera post on CL

Postby strongbow » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:21 pm

Sep- 5 Lost at Burning Man - Canon Power Shot A410 Digital Camera - Reward (oakland north / temescal)

Could it be the one you found?
wow
strongbow

Note this was 2005, not this year

Postby ccq » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:21 pm

Hi Folks-

I've gotten a few emails. Please note that the camera I found was at the Temple Burn in 2005, not 2006.

Cheers,
--ccq
ccq

lost Black Casio Exilim EX-Z 600 digital camera with 1 GB..

Postby karwendel » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:25 pm

lost Black Casio Exilim EX-Z 600 digital camera with 1 GB..
mostly photos of my girlfiend wearing white clothes and me...
Do you have it ?!
karwendel

SONY CYBER SHOT w/ wrist holder thingy

Postby vinneysparks » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:45 pm

I lost the camera betweenthe big dome on 10 o clock and a swing set heading towards the temple on sunday morning right after the burn. My name is vince and the pics are a lot of aerial performances mostly video of that. There is a picture i beleive the very first thats a close up of Phoenix fomr Xmen. If this is it please let me know my boyfriend is so sad I lost it. you can see pics of me and him on myspace.com/dweebs and myspace.com/bennmendoza. Also there is a picture of a black girl eating a banana and a picture of three naked guys cuddling.

Hit me back fingers crossed :)

Vinney
vinneysparks

CANON PowerShot SD550 Digital Elph =.(

Postby keri » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:58 pm

i lost my camera on Sunday night =.(

it is a Canon PowerShot SD550 Digital Elph (7.1 mega pixels / 3x optical zoom)

all i really care about is getting the pics back, as they are irreplaceable... getting the camera returned as well would just be icing on the cake...

if anyone happens to know Indigo who lives in LA & is the owner of the Cloud Car, that would be extremely helpful info. to me as well, as i think i may have lost it on there...

i would SO APPRECIATE any help that anyone is willing to offer...

thank you all so much...

xoxo,
~keri
keri

Postby vinneysparks » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:42 pm

I lost my boyfriend's Sony Cybershot digital camera, 7.2 megapixels, with a 4GB memory card. It has pics of a black girl holding a banana, three naked boys cuddling in an RV, and many acrobatic pics (hand stands etc.). There was also a wrist loop on it, All silver.

Thanks!
Vinney
vinneysparks

SD 600

Postby Sir Cumference » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:40 pm

Could this be my camera? I lost a Canon sd 600 last seen in a canon case.
Sir Cumference

I lost a Canon IXUS 700 right b4 temple burn

Postby emilygpark » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:00 pm

LOST: Canon IXUS 700 with a 1G SD card in the camera & 2 other SD cards in the pocket: one 2G and one 512 Mb.

It is in a soft, black case that zips shut and is small enough to have fallen out through my bicycle basket.

The last bunch of photos on the card in the camera were of:
the string of balloons out on the playa 10 o'clockish
people climbing into Big Rig Jig from under the nose of the cab
pictures of the temple from all sides, Dan das Man's metal sculpture people worshipping at the kite where the Crude Awakening had been
me in blue coveralls hanging from my knees from the Thunderdome up by the sign. I

I lost this, my friend's camera, on Sunday, Sept. 2 on the playa shortly after sunset (around 7pm?) before the temple burn. :(
I think I lost it somewhere between where I took the pictures of the balloons and the direct line I made for 6:30/Boreal, but it's possible that I lost it after that when I went from 6:30/Boreal straight across the playa to 3:30/Intertidal...I retraced my pathways, but it was already getting dark and I saw no trace. The lost and found closed that day before I even lost the camera and we left that night after the Temple Burn.

This camera belongs to a friend who came over from England for the Burn and I'm so upset that I lost her images from her whole trip!

I can probably identify many more of the photos that she took, but I don't have the charger because she went back to England...I am hopeful this may be hers...
thank you for posting this found item!
emilygpark

Postby harudolph » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:55 pm

I lost my Canon SD on Tuesday night. I was a gold sheriff Greeter during the 4-8 p.m. shift and at the Deep End before that. We visited a lot of art along the way to Opulent temple to see BassNectar, when I realized it was gone... email me at rudolph.heather@gmail.com
I can send you a photo of myself, easily, to identify!
harudolph

Postby AntiM » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:56 pm

Folks, the original post was from 2005. Please repost as LOSt rather than as replies to old threads, thanks.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Camera found at Temple...Hitachi by chance?

Postby Pleiadesboy » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:31 pm

I've got more deets on it if it is - please reply to this thread, thanks!
Pleiadesboy

Lost my digital Camera after the temple burn

Postby Mogado » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:09 pm

It was a Panasonic Lumix LZ77.2 mega pixel, 6x optical zoom and a 2.5" LCD; It was silver with a small black plastic tripod attached with a red velcro strap...please say it's mine...
Mogado

Re: Lost my digital Camera after the temple burn

Postby ccq » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:52 pm

Once again, this post is now two years old. Good luck in finding your cameras, but I do not have them!

Cheers,
--Q
ccq

Canon A570 Powershot?????

Postby Jen_01 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:04 am

I lost a digital camera, don't remember where, or when!! It was a Canon A570 powershot, and had two Sony Lithium Rechargable batteries, a new Kodak memory card, that holds about 500 pics. It would have been without a case as that was still hanging around my neck. The first pics taken were of some old cabins under renovation on the redwood highway, (lots of trees).
Jen_01

hey i lost the

Postby kailash77@gmail.com » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:16 am

canon - ixus sd 900
pics of me r
http://mistressmmm.shutterfly.com/actio ... LJi1cNmLjw

cheers
hope the owner get it back who ever it may be:-)

stevie
kailash77@gmail.com

Re: found camera

Postby jblumenthal » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:49 am

Is it a Kodak Easyshare? At the time it was lost it was in a green army satchel with a "bike lane" patch on it.

Thanks

Jeff
jblumenthal

Next

Return to 2007 Gadgets (phones/cameras/etc.)