Just wanted to say hi from allanon

Our 2005 theme explores psychology: self-expression, self-reflection and the unconscious power of dreams. Discuss.

Just wanted to say hi from allanon

Postby allanon2 » Tue May 17, 2005 11:04 pm

its gettign to be our favorite time fo the year again and i just wanted to say hello and yes I am back

your friend
allanon
aka rex
used to be a good friend of michael michael (burnign man days)

rember for the other side of the "truth" visit
www.stopburningman.org
allanon2

Postby Badger » Wed May 18, 2005 2:18 pm

A six month absence from the board has done nothing in terms of either your grammar/spelling or your boring 'stopburningman' thing.

Ignore the troll folks.

There's nothing of substance here.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Re: Just wanted to say hi from allanon

Postby spectabillis » Wed May 18, 2005 3:23 pm

allanon2 wrote:rember for the other side of the "truth" visit
www.stopburningman.org

As long as your not crossposting your same thread as this viewtopic.php?t=8675&highlight=

But it doesn't help much to put a 'Hello' thread in 2005 Theme
spectabillis

Postby MrAdministrator » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:11 pm

It's good to see that someone is actually paying attention to this type of thing. Remember that it takes enough fresh water to make a single car to keep a lot of people alive. It's not stupid to mention that any movement you make in a consumer society other than standing still or sitting down is causing massive trauma to the planet. The computer you're using is part of a system that is unsustainable.
MrAdministrator
http://www.blackrocklemonade.com
MrAdministrator

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:40 pm

...and don't forget, fucking may create additional consumers like yourself... so hold still whilst doing it.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby WebGraphics » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:40 pm

Does burning man destroy the ecology of the desert? I have never been to a desert and am used to areas with huge biomass. I would imagine that a desert would have almost no biomass. Am I wrong? Are there actual things growing there such as cacti or even trees?

I don't know the answers, fill me in!

I know there are probably a lot of bacteria there, but what else? Have you seen any animals or plants? What is the impact of burningman on the desert.

So many questions I am asking... thanx for listening!
''The modern dictators are reviving a very ancient and encrusted way of life.''
[WHAT I THINK, Adlai Stevenson]
WebGraphics

Postby Kinetic IV » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:47 am

Use the search tool at the top of this very page. Badger and others have already discussed the ecology and geology of the Black Rock Desert in several different places. The answers are out there....explore a little.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby allanon2 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:21 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:Use the search tool at the top of this very page. Badger and others have already discussed the ecology and geology of the Black Rock Desert in several different places. The answers are out there....explore a little.

the big question is whos answers you beleive?
we have put all of our information on a website and have a mailign list where it is is discussed. or you can beleive what is said here and all the flaming that occurs.

open mind media? www.stopburningman.org

or close minded www.burningman.com

come visit us at trego for discussion fi you want.
ttyl
rex
allanon2

Postby Isotopia » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:24 pm

Hey Allanon2,

Noticed the syntax of your posts seem to be improving.

Back on your meds?

Kisses....
Isotopia

isotopia thanks for provign my point

Postby allanon2 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:03 pm

Isotopia wrote:Hey Allanon2,

Noticed the syntax of your posts seem to be improving.

Back on your meds?

Kisses....

BMORG is close minded and resorts to flames

we are open minded and ould liek to listen to both sides ina logical discussion.
I am lookign forward to the permit proces next year assuming that BLM has not been fully bought. what is BLMN gettign this year 700,000? did you knwo they are supposed to spend that on direct improvemnts to the pliya? i woudl love to see hwo they said that was spent on improvign the pliya

ttyl
rex
allanon2

Postby Kinetic IV » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:17 pm

we are open minded and ould liek to listen to both sides ina logical discussion.

Sorry Rex but after reading your posts on here and on Yahoo groups for a couple of years now I call bullshit. It's ALL about your agenda and logic and reason be damned if it doesn't conform to that. And there's scores of posts around here to back that up.

I am lookign forward to the permit proces next year

I'm sure you are. And so are a few others.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby geekster » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:16 am

Permit process shouldn't be too bad. BMLLC is probably a larger taxpayer in the area than it was in the past. Maybe they should just buy Gerlach. I guess if things got too bad they would just have to move it to a different playa. Owens Lake would be a lot closer anyway.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

then why nto hold it on a private pliya?

Postby allanon2 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:14 pm

geekster wrote:Permit process shouldn't be too bad. BMLLC is probably a larger taxpayer in the area than it was in the past. Maybe they should just buy Gerlach. I guess if things got too bad they would just have to move it to a different playa. Owens Lake would be a lot closer anyway.

ohh wait if they did they woudl be liable. if they hold it on BLM land they can lose a lot of there liability. It makes fiscal insurance sense to be on public land. that stupid disclosure statment they have on the tickets does nto mean much.

ttyl
rex
allanon2

Re: isotopia thanks for provign my point

Postby ZaphodBurner » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:52 am

allanon2 wrote:
Isotopia wrote:Hey Allanon2,

supposed to spend that on direct improvemnts to the pliya? i woudl love to see hwo they said that was spent on improvign the pliya

ttyl
rex

Spell it with us, crazy: "P-L-A-Y-A"

I listened to and considered all that you had to say, but here's the deal: If you can't spell it, you have no expertise in the matter. Everybody else out here has read enough about the playa to know how it's spelled. I mean, look at the URL or the top of your screen. IT'S RIGHT THERE!

How much else have you gotten wrong in spite of the writing right there in front of you?

Apparently you haven't, or you don't pay attention to even the obvious details. You write like a kid who's just trying to get his homework done and doesn't give a damn about precision or accuracy.

Given that, I'm not interested in assisting you or learning anything more from you about the "pliya" because if you don't care enough about your writing and about educating people about the playa to even spell it correctly, why should we?

-c
"P-L-A-Y-A"
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Re: then why nto hold it on a private pliya?

Postby Steel Kitty » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:47 am

[quote]ohh wait if they did they woudl be liable. if they hold it on BLM land they can lose a lot of there liability. It makes fiscal insurance sense to be on public land. that stupid disclosure statment they have on the tickets does nto mean much.

ttyl
rex[/quote]

Rex, looked through your site (I like to see different points of view) before responding here. Seems to me that BLM does a pretty thorough job of cleaning up despite what you have to say about BLM's methods of cleaning the site after everyone leaves. One only has to look at the environmental impact studies (EIS) from the NPS (National Park Service) for various National Parks around the country to see that one week on the Playa has minimal impact (yes, there is impact, just not as much as Yellowstone during Labor Day for example or other large national parks that host upwards of 100,000 visitors)

Though from reading your site, I'm trying to figure out exactly what your motivations are? YOu say you don't want to shut down BM, but you want "what" exactly? More environmental studies? More exhaustive cleanup efforts (above and beyond the amazing job DPW already does?)

Also, Rex, slow down with they typing. I can't read half your posts due to incomprehensible mistakes. thanks.

SK
Life isn't about arriving at the grave well preserved, but rather, sliding in sideways yelling "Holy Shit, what a ride!"
Steel Kitty

full blown EIR would answer my questions

Postby allanon2 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:03 pm

Though from reading your site, I'm trying to figure out exactly what your motivations are? YOu say you don't want to shut down BM, but you want "what" exactly? More environmental studies? More exhaustive cleanup efforts (above and beyond the amazing job DPW already does?)

Also, Rex, slow down with they typing. I can't read half your posts due to incomprehensible mistakes. thanks.

SK[/quote]

basically if a full blown EIR was performned on the burning man event by a independent 3rd party it would address all the issues I have about Burning man.
will they ever do this? no way BLM woudl allow it. but I can onyl hope.

ttyl
rex
allanon2

Postby Fat SAM » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:18 pm

Simpleton.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Postby Kinetic IV » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:42 pm

basically if a full blown EIR was performned on the burning man event by a independent 3rd party it would address all the issues I have about Burning man.

will they ever do this? no way BLM woudl allow it. but I can onyl hope.

Don't be so sure about that 3rd party assessment coming in on your side of the argument, Rex. There's been a lot of pioneering technology by the BM folks that shows their commitment to the playa such as burn scar prevention and one that I think would be near and dear to your interests: "pliya" serpent busting methods. A non-biased 3rd party would see that and it should carry considerable weight. Also the efforts to clean up the frog pond would also draw positive attention...

You can keep arguing but your arguments will be dismissed just like they were when NPR gave your group that coveted interview time. I wouldn't plan on the media being so kind this time around to a group with such a single minded focus when after all the looming spectre of the Granite Fox mercury belching behemoth powerplant is on the horizon and your group is simply interested in stopping BM based on some flawed environmental views? Your position is as tattered as a flag in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina went through. And the media and anyone with even rudimentary critical thinking skills can see right through it.
K-IV
~~~~
Kinetic IV

Postby Steel Kitty » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:26 pm

my thoughts exactly Kinetic.

Allanon, if a EIS was done for the playa like most national parks (regardless of whether BM does one or not) you might find that where BRC is located is far cleaner and better maintained than other events regardless of location.

I've been to a few large events in my time and BM is by far the most cleanup conscious and responsible events out there.
Life isn't about arriving at the grave well preserved, but rather, sliding in sideways yelling "Holy Shit, what a ride!"
Steel Kitty

Postby ibdave » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:57 pm

[ "pliya" serpent

Kinetic, Your Killing Me... :lol:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:53 am

An EIR will never be done on the playa. Never never never. WE've been over this before. And not for any paranoid conspiracy theory reasons ignoramasourus rex can come up with either.

A full EIS was done on the upgrade to a national conservation area and touched on the issues the event raised. The EPA rated it "Lack of Objections" essentially its most positive rating. Rex didn't even bother to comment on the document.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Kinetic IV » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:25 am

He didn't bother to comment???? Oh come on, something's wrong here. He can sure hop on here and talk about pliya serpents and dodge any efforts to enlist his help in the fight against Granite Fox. With all the energy and time he has surely he could fire off at least one letter of dissent.

Or maybe it just goes to show that the Stop BM folks are nothing more than a bunch of Dodge Neon racing, self centered media seeking whores who are trying to get their 15 minutes of fame at BM's expense?

In any event I betcha he does resurface during the BM permit drive, at least on the eplaya to harass the rest of us. But if he speaks up in opposition to the event he's going to be met head on with some resistance to his group.

And you know perhaps that closure order needs to be extended to Trego next year...he seems to like camping out there next to the hot springs which is a fragile ecosystem in it's own right. I'm sure he has no problem wading in to soak his ass without regard to the ecosystem he's disturbing.
K-IV
~~~~
Kinetic IV

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:38 am

Now that I think of it "Independent 3rd Party" is a bit off too. Either the BLM does it or the BLM pays someone to do it. Of course betticrockasourus rex could hold a few thousand bake sales and pay for his own, but that's not independent either.

Make no mistake--the 2002/2003 document was very expensive to make, pages upon pages (pretty much the 3rd volume) of colored maps printed out and given free to citizens and stakeholders who cared enough to ask for it. Consultation with Fish and Wildlife and State agencies. Full public review. Sorry it wasn't good enough for you wex. But still, it's awful cavalier of you to airily suggest that a process you didn't even participate in done you wrong.

Oh poof--there go another bunch of flight feathers.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2005 Theme