Superstar DJ's

Postby playasnake » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:24 pm

Fat SAM wrote:It's a lovely fantasy, but I don't think I could mix like that...too distracting.

id be willing to give it a try though... (mixing)
e pluribus unimog
playasnake

Postby Fat SAM » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:04 am

AntiM wrote:Wearing a thong or the other thing?

In a thong, silly. What were you thinking about? :wink:
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Postby Kinetic IV » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:24 am

Damn...with fringe benefits like that can I perform at BRC next year?
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby damon » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:32 am

Fat SAM wrote:Get the fuck out.

:)

PS. What I heard Tiesto came to Opulent Temple guys and asked them if he could play there :) That's why I went there to check it out. Skipped Lee Combs and Oakenfold as well :)

IMHO this year, besides breaks (I love to spin it), which I hate right know (breakz = nu trance on the playa?:) there was more interesting music - more downtempo, ambient, psyambient, traditional and modern electronic indian music, etc.
damon

Postby Driveway » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:53 am

PLUR:

Pedophiles Love Unconcious Ravers.

Yay: Burners who happen to spin records a couple of times during the week.

Boo: DJ showing up for a set and leaving.

Yay: Finding music you like.

Boo: Bitching about music you don't.

Yay: Breaks.

Boo: Trance.

Yay: BRC

Boo: Real Life.

Anyone got a fuggin' glowsitck? I'm havin' withdrawal.
What is Driveway's Game?
Driveway

Yay

Postby dj big E » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:43 am

Well good for tiesto I am glad he got to experience bm thats great I wish he would have came by RFBM 99.5 and had a chat. But I am still in the opinion his set blew but thats just me I hope everyone else enjoyed it. I do what i allways do at bm when faced with something i dislike I left and went and checked something else out it's that simple. Real dj's bring vinyl to theplaya the pop and crackle of the playa dust is beutiful lmao DJ BIG E
dj big E

Re: Yay

Postby damon » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:38 am

dj big E wrote:Well good for tiesto I am glad he got to experience bm thats great I wish he would have came by RFBM 99.5 and had a chat. But I am still in the opinion his set blew but thats just me I hope everyone else enjoyed it. I do what i allways do at bm when faced with something i dislike I left and went and checked something else out it's that simple. Real dj's bring vinyl to theplaya the pop and crackle of the playa dust is beutiful lmao DJ BIG E

I'm not a uplifting trance fan anymore :) Listened to his set for about an hour and it was more than OK - hard pumping trance with only 2 cheesy vocal tracks - it was only time I danced during the whole week :) Weird :)
damon

Postby Fat SAM » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:52 pm

I could play you guys a trance set you'd dig. In fact, I'll make two trance cd's - been thinking about it anyway - and send them to those who poo-poo trance and we'll see what your honest opinions are...

IMO, Tiesto's production is GREAT but his tracks and his sets have too many breakdowns...It's possible to blow the roof off with a trance set. It just has to be done right.
Fat SAM

Postby nova_mike » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:05 am

You all sound like a bunch of ungrateful babies. What makes you people happy? All those djs cost money to bring out there and the costs are incurred by the camp they play at. They are not doing it to market their businesses..

Yeah, Freeland was out there.. I took those shots above when we met him on an art car. So was Lee Coombs, Tiesto, Oakie, Freq Nasty, Scumfrog... etc.

Quit bitching and enjoy what you have out there.
nova_mike

wah wah

Postby dj big E » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:12 pm

lmao props to everyone involved. I just didn't like tiesto's set ........ so i left very simple... BIG E
dj big E

Postby spectabillis » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:26 pm

nova_mike wrote:You all sound like a bunch of ungrateful babies...

Gee, thanks for that tone.

I am not force fed my artistic taste by someone else or thier camp. I am not a supporter of commercially large artists at burningman. I prefer to support independant artists who equally share thier talent and creations without commerce.

Its my choice, there is nothing to be grateful for

And eveyone has complete freedom to express thier opinions on the matter, we just prefer they stay civil about it. Get it?
spectabillis

freq nasty

Postby dj big E » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:42 pm

freq nasty 4 ever now i loved that set. :twisted: :twisted:
dj big E

musical tastes vary

Postby Layne » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:21 pm

musical tastes vary...I talked to Tiesto before my set at Opulent and he is a really down to earth guy. he didn't want anyone to even know he was there and wasn't really even sure if he was going to play.

I worked my ass off to get as many dj's playing at the Deep End of varied types of music, that I still thought would flow with the theme of our camp.
Day time fun in the sun! Hope some of you stopped by to have a drink and a groove. :D
Distrikt DJ
Camp Houligan
Layne

Re: musical tastes vary

Postby mo_corleone » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:41 pm

Layne wrote:I talked to Tiesto before my set at Opulent and he is a really down to earth guy. he didn't want anyone to even know he was there and wasn't really even sure if he was going to play.

i'm having some difficulty trying to reconcile this statement with the fact that i walked by opulent temple and saw tiesto's name very visibly advertised on their display of daily performers. i actually thought the tiesto set might have been a fun playa rumor until i saw opulent's lineups posted.

re: the deep end - that place had some good music. i remember at one point i was hanging out in my tent as my gf was getting some much needed rest. i started hearing some rather sweet beats, so i left to go investigate as she napped. as it turns out, the sound was coming from the deep end, so i chilled, had a smoke, took in the great vibe, and danced a while. then i headed back to my tent to check on my girl. as i was lying down, i heard an announcement: "ladies and gentlemen, give it up for scumfrog!" so yeah, i had unknowingly been rocking out to scumfrog.

that is how i like to enjoy "superstar DJs" on the playa - by chance. not by schedule, and not by advertising.
~ erratically self-sufficient ~
mo_corleone

Ok

Postby bx1 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:14 pm

Well I still think there is definently not enough Jungle / Drum N Bass on the Playa, so you can be assured The Bush will be back next year even bigger and better. :P~

Braden aka BX1
bx1

Entrance me, Fat Sam

Postby Hawk Butterfly Freedom » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:19 am

Hey Fat Sam-
I heart trance but have trouble finding stuff I like the past few years. I would love a few cd's of bombass trance. Contact me if you can hook me up.

Also, Freq Nasty was out there? Where? I love that guy. His sets are always great. I caught him in 04 and was disappointed not to find him this year. Where was he? He spins cd's but he just brings a great presence and energy to his sets. He's enjoying what he does. He doesn't act like he's going to walk on water every time he successfully mixes two tracks. He doesn't seem to want to be worshipped.
Hawk Butterfly Freedom

Postby Chai Guy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:42 am

I wonder if Tiesto or Oakie will show up in the Discovery Channel Show?
Chai Guy

Re: musical tastes vary

Postby dj_john69 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:04 pm

mo_corleone wrote:
Layne wrote:I talked to Tiesto before my set at Opulent and he is a really down to earth guy. he didn't want anyone to even know he was there and wasn't really even sure if he was going to play.

i'm having some difficulty trying to reconcile this statement with the fact that i walked by opulent temple and saw tiesto's name very visibly advertised on their display of daily performers. i actually thought the tiesto set might have been a fun playa rumor until i saw opulent's lineups posted.

re: the deep end - that place had some good music. i remember at one point i was hanging out in my tent as my gf was getting some much needed rest. i started hearing some rather sweet beats, so i left to go investigate as she napped. as it turns out, the sound was coming from the deep end, so i chilled, had a smoke, took in the great vibe, and danced a while. then i headed back to my tent to check on my girl. as i was lying down, i heard an announcement: "ladies and gentlemen, give it up for scumfrog!" so yeah, i had unknowingly been rocking out to scumfrog.

that is how i like to enjoy "superstar DJs" on the playa - by chance. not by schedule, and not by advertising.

Yea, Scumfrog to shit apart at the Deep End !! As well, his set the night before. He's one of my playa favorite dj's !! He's a great guy...super nice and his sets are fantastic !! I'm looking forward to seeing him again next year on the playa.

~John
dj_john69

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Root Society & Osiris & BRS

take

Postby andr0id2xl » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:19 pm

i think bm is big enough to where if you don't like techno or raves or superstar djs (which btw, only dj keoki has rights the name superstar dj), you can run off and do something else, it's that simple.

my first bm was 2000, and i'm a midwest raver to the heart, but i have always hated the techno at bm cause i'm a drum n bass slash electro slash acid techno type of girl and bm is all cheesy trance, so i simply ignore and run through mazes, and meet as many random weirdos as i can.

really, what's the point of bitching?

yesh, paul dorkenfold sucks, but if people are getting down, let them get down, and get down however it is you get down.
andr0id2xl

Postby Fat SAM » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:09 pm

"Don't mess with the folks that like to get down."
-Marques Wyatt
Fat SAM

Postby serra » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:45 pm

it makes me happy that tiesto and oakenfold played there because i can say i was there and didn't go!

i spent most of my dancing hours out at technoasis! i loved that place! psy night??!? ARGH. i dragged my neighbours out ("what's psy???" ..."it's like trance, only not, and way better!") and they stayed all night! it was great. i was kinda sad there wasn't more people there, but it also was nice to be able to dance without ten zillion rave junkies there.... :twisted:
\\minimal acid tekqy dial up stompy gorf beat rave music
www.pixilated.ca
serra

Re: freq nasty

Postby spaceboy » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:10 pm

dj big E wrote:freq nasty 4 ever now i loved that set. :twisted: :twisted:

His set Sunday sunrise was worth all the money and the long ass plane flight out there. DOPE and well, just straight nasty. I havent been the same since.

WTF ever about okenfold.

The last little bit of Tiesto's set I caught was OK. Didn't blow me away, I've got peeps here that run a crowd better. But MAD respect to him for being there the whole week. My friends at Opulent said he really had a blast and was very respectful. Shame I missed Lee Coombs. His production is unreal, wonder how his set went...

I'm all for the small discovery sound systems out in the 'burbs. Heard some GREAT sets out there this year. Played some fun sets out in the smaller camps last few years. This year, as was said before, had some fantastic music! More variety?! YAY!!!

--S--
Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die!
spaceboy

Postby spaceboy » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:12 pm

Fat SAM wrote:"Don't mess with the folks that like to get down."
-Marques Wyatt

Special cross country spankings for quoting Marques Wayatt!!

I heart house.

--S--
Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die!
spaceboy

Postby Fat SAM » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:18 pm

House music is a feeling, baby,
and when you feel it, you will understand.

It's the goods. Props back at ya.
Fat SAM

Postby damon » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:57 am

nova_mike wrote:You all sound like a bunch of ungrateful babies. What makes you people happy? All those djs cost money to bring out there and the costs are incurred by the camp they play at. They are not doing it to market their businesses..

Shut up Jedi :lol:
damon

Previous

Return to 2005 Theme Camps