Badger got called out will he meet on thursday?

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby TheJudge » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:07 pm

*Yawn*

This conversation bores me.
"Be at one with the dust of the earth. This is primal union." - Lao Tsu
TheJudge

Postby spectabillis » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:00 pm

pretty much how many people feel, except for the immediate ones involved.

due to the personal nature, everyone should just let this thing sink and scuttle the floors of seas like a ragged pair of claws.
spectabillis

Postby Observer » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:50 am

buckethead alien wrote:erm?

There's only one other poster I know who uses "erm."

Nah. Couldn't be.

Too weird.

I like a good stopburningman.com bash as much as anybody, but I think that you might be reaching on this one. Doing a search ender " erm ", being sure to insert spaces before and after the "erm" to avoid searching for words including "erm" as a string, I came across these posts.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

These would appear to be the work of more than just one person. Let's not get that rumor mill going just yet. I'm not so sure that Trey and Stuart would be completely thrilled with being accused of being sock puppets of either Obscurotron/Ed or Rex (or both, if you're saying that the two are one and the same).
Observer

Postby spectabillis » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:15 pm

Observer wrote: I like a good stopburningman.com bash as much as anybody...

Enough to reserrect a specific user-attack based topic (i.e. TITLE!) that should otherwise be left alone?
spectabillis

Postby Observer » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:35 pm

spectabillis wrote:
Observer wrote: I like a good stopburningman.com bash as much as anybody...

Enough to reserrect a specific user-attack based topic (i.e. TITLE!) that should otherwise be left alone?

Yes, because Rex et al. have been so hesitant about revisiting subjects that we know this one would vanish without my help?

There's a phrase I've seen applied online, and it fits your post like a glove: "trumping up a complaint". You know damned well that this article had not fallen especially far when I responded to it, and you know equally damned well that my reasons for responding had nothing to do with a desire to keep it from falling. But you act "as if", and hope to find users suggestible enough to believe otherwise, and at the same time, unobservant enough to take no notice of the fact that your own complaint could be applied to your own post with equal force.

You could have expressed this concern by private messaging, which wouldn't have bounced this article back to the top; how interesting that you didn't. Now, how about if you take your power playing, netcop wannabee ass, and haul it the fuck out of my day, if that wouldn't be too much trouble, kind sir. Oh, and of course, as is only appropriate when dealing with trolls of any sort ... *PLONK*!

"One strike and you're out" seems like a sensible policy.
Observer

Postby Observer » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:27 pm

Plus, resorting to quotation out of context is just low.
Observer

Postby Fat SAM » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:48 pm

Hey, I say "erm" from time to time. I'll try not to in the future, though. Just for the record, I also sometimes say "Er, ah" and "Argh."
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy