Pinky's

Pinky's

Postby tallman » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:18 pm

Does anyone know if Pinky's will be on the playa this year? And where?
Thanks
tallman

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:59 pm

They never place themselves or announce anything way ahead of time. That's part of what makes them so interesting.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Nope. No Pinky's this year.

Postby devilgrrl » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:35 pm

They're doing something else, you'll just have to find them. :twisted:
devilgrrl

Burning Since: 1999

Cannibar

Postby el alacrán » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:38 am

This year he and his mates designed the Cannibar, a tiki-themed punk rock bar. It was at 8:30/Fetish, close to the Pink Mammoth, which used to be Pinky's when he did it for 4 years from 2000-2003. I was part of the Cannibar crew and I gotta say, it really came out nice and was was ridiculously fun. I hope we do it again.
el alacrán

I loved Pinky's!

Postby SBgalaxy » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:20 pm

I met Tom and Kyle and two girls when we were dancing at the Opulent Temple on Wednesday night I think. I left early and said I'd come by the next day. I did and I had a blast drinking the pink fruit smoothies! But I didn't find any of those 4 people from the Temple.

I was intending on telling the girl (who's name I've forgotten unfortunately) that I would really like to kiss her! Too bad I never saw her again! She grew up in Falmouth, MA and now lives in SF. I'm coming to SF in October so if you know the one I'm talking about please email me!!!

Love to Pinky's!

-- Galaxy
SBgalaxy

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Camp Beaverton

From Pinky's to Pink Mammoth

Postby Jay » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:38 pm

Pinky's Prim Patty retired from the playa after 2003. Some of us didn't want to see it die so we started Pink Mammoth as sort of a tribute to what Pinky had started. Fortunately the vibe is still there, great music, great attitudes, great drinks( with the right bartenders...), in a great neighborhood ( 8:30 and Ego ) and with some of the most incredible campmates in BRC. To my fellow blender boys, the whole PM crew, and to all you crazy ass drunks that came by and had a good time, thank you for another insane and beautiful week. Most of all, thank you Pinky, BM would be a shitty week in the desert without you, and thanks for not burning us down, we love you.
Jay

Return to 2005 Theme Camps