Wanted Dead or Alive (but mostly dead) Bush Administration

All things outside of Burning Man.

Wanted Dead or Alive (but mostly dead) Bush Administration

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:03 pm

Wanted dead or Alive for the death of over 10,000 innocent lives in Iraq!

The Bush Administration!

Reward!

145 Billion US Dollars (and growing each year!)

A II Z
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby _tears_ » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:14 pm

May of our men were lost. I lost a loved one ever so close to me. But the fact is life goes on. Those men fought and died for there country, i am sure they have no desire for us to speak bad about there leader but simply push on in life.

I along with the many over young females in this military town have letter upon letters from our men stating this is what they came to do. They were fighting the fight, something they all knew might happen upon signing up. The letters i ahve are indeed heart breaking but the things that happened are a fact.

Why bash the leader? There are bigger things to worry about.

:!: God Bless the U.S.A Troops :!:

Tears 2003, 2004

The Ties That Bind Me Hold My Soul
_tears_

Postby clandyone » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:24 pm

Oh Lord, not this again...
Won't somebody please think of the children?!
clandyone

Postby Kinetic » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:33 pm

clandyone wrote:Oh Lord, not this again...

At least it's in General Discussion but hasn't this dead horse been flogged long enough? Gimme a break, there are thousands of other topics worthy of discussion.

At first I didn't really think about trolls but it seems we do have some in our midst. They keep popping up to create these flaming discussions.....

I am just sick of Iraq and have a general apathy towards it. I can't do anything to directly influence it right now so I'm shifting focus to supporting a Democrat that can toss Dubya out on his derrierre. That's how I can change the Iraq situation. Granted I haven't figured out which one yet but instead of bitching I'm doing something about it.....even if that something is just research at the moment, it will go further soon enough.

Again, anybody can bitch, but to bitch and then offer solutions to the problem is more impressive and gives you more of a chance to get your message across. Right now this thread would be a good candidate for individual PLONK use.
Kinetic

Postby joel the ornery » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:49 pm

I can think of a dozen responses to all of the above, yet I think a beer is in order instead.

P.S. It is only a democracy if you participate... sort of like burning man.
joel the ornery

Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares
Burning Since: 1998

Postby Hana Hou » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:53 pm

It would be undemocratic to not include Tony Blair now.
Darwin was right.
Hana Hou

Postby clandyone » Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:06 pm

Kinetic wrote:
clandyone wrote:Oh Lord, not this again...

At least it's in General Discussion but hasn't this dead horse been flogged long enough? Gimme a break, there are thousands of other topics worthy of discussion.

At first I didn't really think about trolls but it seems we do have some in our midst. They keep popping up to create these flaming discussions.....

I am just sick of Iraq and have a general apathy towards it. I can't do anything to directly influence it right now so I'm shifting focus to supporting a Democrat that can toss Dubya out on his derrierre. That's how I can change the Iraq situation. Granted I haven't figured out which one yet but instead of bitching I'm doing something about it.....even if that something is just research at the moment, it will go further soon enough.

Again, anybody can bitch, but to bitch and then offer solutions to the problem is more impressive and gives you more of a chance to get your message across. Right now this thread would be a good candidate for individual PLONK use.

A II Z isn't a troll. Zealous, but not a troll.

I've fulminated against the president elsewhere on the eplaya, myself, but come on. How many threads about American politics do we really need?
Won't somebody please think of the children?!
clandyone

Postby PJ » Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:07 pm

Besides, Bush is stale news no matter what the outrage du jour.

Governor Arnold, on the other hand, is still Current Events--you can tell 'cause he's on Entertainment Tonight and People magazine, whereas Bush is only on the covers of tired old boring magazines that cute fun people wouldn't bother to read. I'm wondering: all those celebrities that promised to leave the US forever if W got elected--since none of them did, will they leave Hollywood for France this time should Arnold take office?
PJ

Postby Kinetic » Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:14 pm

I apologize to A II Z, but if this keeps going we'll have a Dubya slamming thread in every section. I don't mind wading through the discussion but keep them in their proper places.

That's been one of the gripes about the e-playa lately is someone needs to gently guide these topics into the areas they belong in.
Kinetic

Postby Rob the Wop » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:02 pm

Why would anyone want to slander such a sweet, friendly, kitten-loving, swell guy? Have you seen how sauve he looks in a flight jacket?

I say God Bless Bush, and let's all join hands and pray for his return to office. Those Devil worshippers in Iraq were just murdering children until our God Fearing Troops single-handedly struck them down with our mighty crucifixes. Now we're in the process of simply teaching the poor, uneducated savages how to properly have a real government.

I say lets praise Bush. He's one smart potato.
The other, other white meat.
Rob the Wop

Postby Kinetic » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:08 pm

Rob the Wop wrote:Why would anyone want to slander such a sweet, friendly, kitten-loving, swell guy?

He sure authorized a lot of these things to be dropped, that's why:
http://tinyurl.com/78tm
Kinetic

Postby PJ » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:38 pm

Rob the Wop wrote:I say lets praise Bush. He's one smart potato.

Shouldn't that be "potatoe?"
PJ

Postby Badger » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:41 pm

Big deal. I mean, he did drop them with some compassion. Conservatively. I mean at 1.2 mil a pop you gotta.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby PJ » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:48 pm

Kinetic wrote:He sure authorized a lot of these things to be dropped, that's why:

The informative illustration is rather misleading--it shows a BLU-82 knocking over two palm trees.

Instead, picture a 150 meter circle of tough jungle trees hammered flat in a radial pattern, ready to use as a landing zone an instant after the bang.

Also, they make an ass-kicking baby mushroom cloud. In Gulf War I the US used 'em to eliminate mine fields. Some dug-in British SAS scouts broke radio silence to report that "The Yanks have popped a nuke out here!" A mistake easily made, especially at night.

The BLU-82 also had significant psy-ops applications. The USAF would drop leaflets in Arabic, notifying Iraqi regular army troops that "At this time tomorrow the largest conventional munition in the world will be dropped on your position." Next night an AC-130 would do that, and then more leaflets would be dropped: "You have just been hit with the world's largest conventional munition. Another will be dropped tonight. You're welcome to avoid this by walking toward Mecca where your Arab brothers will welcome you, and share food, water, and hospitality." That technique got somewhere between 40000 and 70000 Iraqis to desert Saddam, who'd left them there without much food or water and no communications--to be used as speed bumps in the face of several US armored divisions.
PJ

Postby Kinetic » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:56 pm

A guy I used to work with was an AF ATC controller in Vietnam, and he recalled an attack on the airfield where the VC were coming en-masse through a narrow jungle valley and then spreading out to make their attack. After they got close enough that he was ducking bullets in the control tower he called up to one of the transports above and asked if they could help out. About 3 minutes later he said that there was a huge flash, and after the smoke cleared that valley was stripped as bare as a baby's bottom. The attack suddenly ceased and the airfield was not harassed again for almost 2 years.

He liked the daisy cutters but he loved the effect of a 16 inch HE shell from the USS New Jersey when it hit. He got to see that from in the air and said it was one of the most impressive things he ever saw in his life. The most impressive was a 9 gun broadside on a VC target....9 of those 16 inch shells screaming in....needless to say there was no resistance left.
Kinetic

Postby Rob the Wop » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:55 am

Kinetic wrote:
Rob the Wop wrote:Why would anyone want to slander such a sweet, friendly, kitten-loving, swell guy?

But it's such a cccuuuuuttteee bomb. Why wouldn't anyone like to have one dropped on them?
The other, other white meat.
Rob the Wop

Bush is a stinken 1 term Asshole...

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:46 pm

and thanks Candyone!

I'm not sorry for starting this thread.

We need it! That's why! And it's time to come down off the X to face reality set it straight so we can do mo E.

Why bash "there" Leader?

A leader leads and does so with compassion for the lives of his troops and those that aren't his to lead. They aren't some piece of fucking "Collateral Damage". Only robots use those terms for living flesh. This administration used us like a fucking lynch mob.

Carl Rove is in deep doo doo!
Do you think?

Rush Limburgher is going to jail with him very soon- I always thought he was made of toe cheese.

The whole conservative movement is falling apart at the seems because these people don't know how to behave according to law.

I troll, but I pay the toll!

A II Z (and all between)

PS- didn't make to the burn this year and I was in tears. did really miss you folks very much!
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Bob » Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:10 am

> PS- didn't make to the burn this year and I was in tears. did really miss you folks very much!

At least your current post count is ahead of Larry Flynt's polling numbers.

AFAIK.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby Kinetic » Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:30 am

Still a better choice than Arnold....
http://www.marycareyforgovernor.com/

I also found this Arnold "love child" article from the Sacramento Bee a little interesting, especially if the story breaks in the next 3 days.
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/insider/

I just love it when Bill pulls out all the stops and orchestrates an all out assault like this. Nobody is better at political war than Clinton. Let the mud fly!

Sorry, I save tinyurl for the long links, these are not long enough!
Kinetic

Postby joel the ornery » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:58 am

"Wanted dead or Alive for the death of over 10,000 innocent lives in Iraq!"

from the BBC:

Some years ago a European interviewer nervously quoted reports that the Baghdad authorities might, on occasions, have tortured and perhaps even killed opponents of the regime.

Was this true? Saddam Hussein was not offended. Rather, he seemed surprised by the naivete of the question. "Of course," he replied. "What do you expect if they oppose the regime?"

But his tactic of imposing his authority by terror has gone far beyond the occasional arrest and execution of opponents. In attempts to suppress the Kurds, for example, he has systematically used chemical weapons. And in putting down a rebellion of Shi'ia in the south he has razed towns to the ground and drained marshland.

from the Atlantic: http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2002/05/bowden.htm

"According to one estimate, in the third and fourth years of Saddam's formal rule (1981 and 1982) more than 3,000 Iraqis were executed. Saddam's horrors over the more than thirty years of his informal and formal rule will someday warrant a museum and archives. But lost among the most outrageous atrocities are smaller acts that shed light on his personality. Tahir Yahya was the Prime Minister of Iraq when the Baath Party took power, in 1968. It is said that in 1964, when Saddam was in prison, Yahya had arranged for a personal meeting and tried to coerce him into turning against the Baathists and cooperating with the regime. Yahya had served Iraq as a military officer his whole adult life, and had at one time even been a prominent member of the Baath Party, one of Saddam's superiors. But he had earned Saddam's enduring scorn. After seizing power, Saddam had Yahya, a well-educated man whose sophistication he resented, confined to prison. On his orders Yahya was assigned to push a wheelbarrow from cell to cell, collecting the prisoners' slop buckets."

I find it pretty easy to libel the president when you so easily ignore the facts.

George Bush isn't half the tyrant some of you claim him to be when compared to the above.

Have a nice day, thinking and speaking freely because, not in spite, of the United States of America.
joel the ornery

Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares
Burning Since: 1998

Postby PJ » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:30 pm

joel the ornery wrote:"from the Atlantic: http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2002/05/bowden.htm

Nice link, joel. Thanks.
PJ

Return to Open Discussion