The Spirit Room wants SINGERS!!!

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

The Spirit Room wants SINGERS!!!

Postby mamasaid » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:47 am

Well right about now, the jitters are creeping in, meditations are mumbled sits and fits of mantra-gottaprepareandfreezefood-mantra-dontforgetwoodscrews-mantra-peefunnel-mantra-water-mantra-IwonderwhatcutepotentialmakeroutersIwillcomeacrossthisyear-mantra...

Or maybe you have just realized, "holy cow, burning man starts NEXT WEEK and I really wish I could do something MUSICAL out there, wouldn't it be COOL to sing somehow?"

Well, I got yur back baby...
Check it...

The Spirit Room (part of Storm Pilots, 5:30 and amnesia, two green army tents with a sparkly star sign) is hosting two different gatherings for SINGERS. Read on if you are interested...

8am, wed-sat, I, Madi, will be facilitating Circle Singing, The BRC sessions. We will come together to improvise with some given form. It is always interesting to see what people come up with, given space and time to do what you feel. On the playa, with all those spirits running around out there, it will be even MORE interesting. Only requirement is to show up with a desire to sing. vocal percussionists are VERY welcome and some simple hand percussions are also welcome!

For those of you who would like a performance included with your experience, come at 4 pm for Gospel choir rehearsal, wed-sat. We'll learn about 4-5 songs, in harmony and will perform them on Sunday morning at 11. It's gonna be a blast. No denominational preference, just about lifting up the music and the spirit. Only requirement is to be present on sunday morning and can sing with a group. There is room for soloists!!! And if you have an easy song to add, it is a possibility to add it to the list...

A quick bit about me, so you know who is putting this all together...
I am a musician, undergrad choral music ed/piano, studied with Phil Mattson, done some work with Rhiannon, currently sing with The Glide Ensemble in SF, starting grad school this fall for choral conducting, have a band with my own orig. music. I've been singing all my life and love to work with singers especially in these two settings...!!

I hope to meet you out there and sing our asses off!!!
Love,
Madi
www.madiandtheservice.com
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire
mamasaid

Postby robbidobbs » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:04 am

Outstanding!
I'll find you out there. Let's get up a small gang and belt out some potty-carols!
robbidobbs

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Dept of Over-Engineering

Postby JezebelinHell » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:21 am

My little sis is a phenomenal singer. Anyone who was lucky enough to be in earshot when she sang "Ava Maria" during the temple burn last year will know what I'm talking about. I'll make sure and drag her by your camp. She's also a bloody brilliant piano player, and if you happen to have a piano nearby, she may never leave your camp.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe
JezebelinHell

rhodes

Postby mamasaid » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:02 am

Yes there will be a piano, a rhodes...

see you there, have her bring music if she wants some accompaniment..

Madi
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire
mamasaid

Return to Get Involved!