CRUSH THIS

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby Lydia Love » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:32 am

Then OregonRed wrote:
Of course there is another possibility...
Perhaps he was clueless.

Finally, Rob the Wop wrote:
I think you'll find 95% of men to be. Hell, I know I am.

There is one other possiblity - In order for a guy to catch a pass from me he has to A. Translate "weird" to "fun" and B. Translate "awkward" to "charming".

I'm better at flirting now that I'm on the catch and release program... OF COURSE. But at the time... well, I'm sure my signals were pretty odd.
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

Postby PJ » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:08 pm

Lydia Love wrote:I'm better at flirting now that I'm on the catch and release program...

I like that analogy. It works because, just like fish, men don't feel pain. Or maybe they do but why would anyone care?
PJ

Postby Lydia Love » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:16 pm

I like that analogy. It works because, just like fish, men don't feel pain. Or maybe they do but why would anyone care?

Ack! That is *not* what I mean. I don't go running around breaking any hearts (if I do I'd be surprised). I just mean my flirting is more of a no pressure, no results kind of deal now. And I think I'm pretty clear about that up front.

Then again I *mostly* flirt with other actors - and it's close to a universal language with fellow cast members...
Lydia Love

Postby Patience » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:27 pm

I find that very offensive.

I, for one, do care whether or not fish feel pain.
It's not that I hate you. It's just that I'm a much better person than you.
Patience

Postby Flux » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:50 pm

Patience wrote:Why is it that I can always intuit crushes and attractions between other people, and so rarely when they involve someone attracted to me? Really, I notice all these subtleties passing between other people, little whispers of body language, and yet when it comes to picking up signals headed my way, a woman needs to practically club me over the head and drag me back to her cave for me to get the message.

Well, not to go all psychobabble here, but the terms "low self-esteem" and "fear of rejection" come to mind.

I say again, subtleties schmubtleties, say what you want and, most likely, you'll get it!
Flux

Postby Patience » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:40 pm

Well, not to go all psychobabble here, but the terms "low self-esteem" and "fear of rejection" come to mind.

I say again, subtleties schmubtleties, say what you want and, most likely, you'll get it!

I don't think that fear of rejection is it. I have no problem asking women out when I'm attracted to them. Low self-esteem? I don't know. Doesn't really ring true. I mean, I try to be humble, but it's not like I think I'm unworthy of being loved or some sad bastard thing like that.

Maybe it just has to do with perspective. It's easier to observe and evaluate people's reactions to one another from a distance than to interpret people's reactions to yourself. That sort of thing. Maybe deep down I prefer not knowing, because then they have to pursue me, and it feels good to be pursued. Maybe I'm talking more about other people than about myself.

In reality, I know that you're all in love with me.
Patience

Postby shuranuff » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:45 pm

Patience wrote:
In reality, I know that you're all in love with me.

i know i am. i'm votin for you in 2004. oh wait, that's right, i'm canadian. well, after florida shouldn't be too hard to get canadian votes counted.
shuranuff

Postby Patience » Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:36 am

I'm still deciding on my running mate. Right now it's between Molly (that sheep they cloned) and Gilbert Gottfried.
Patience

Postby Rob the Wop » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:55 am

Patience wrote:I'm still deciding on my running mate. Right now it's between Molly (that sheep they cloned) and Gilbert Gottfried.

There's a difference?
The other, other white meat.
Rob the Wop

Postby TestesInSac » Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:07 am

Rob the Wop wrote:
Patience wrote:I'm still deciding on my running mate. Right now it's between Molly (that sheep they cloned) and Gilbert Gottfried.

There's a difference?

You mean they're both dead?
I am my own sock puppet.
TestesInSac

Postby Patience » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:07 pm

Actually, I see the fact that Molly is dead as her main advantage over Gottfried as a running mate.
Patience

Postby Lydia Love » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:16 pm

A dead sheep clone has *got* to have a more winning personality. He gives me the creeping willies.
Lydia Love

Postby TestesInSac » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:16 pm

Patience wrote:Actually, I see the fact that Molly is dead as her main advantage over Gottfried as a running mate.

Well, she'll certainly be easier on the ears.
I am my own sock puppet.
TestesInSac

Postby Rob the Wop » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:11 pm

TestesInSac wrote:
Patience wrote:Actually, I see the fact that Molly is dead as her main advantage over Gottfried as a running mate.

And better in the sac.

<i>Is necrophilaic beastiality in fashion yet?</i>
The other, other white meat.
Rob the Wop

Postby TestesInSac » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:16 pm

Rob the Wop wrote:
TestesInSac wrote:

And better in the sac.

<i>Is necrophilaic beastiality in fashion yet?</i>

If that's what they mean by "flogging a dead horse".
I am my own sock puppet.
TestesInSac

Postby Patience » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:22 pm

"I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating
a dead horse."
-Woody Allen
Patience

Postby Todd in Seattle » Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:06 pm

I've always admired (read: had a crush on) the Ice Queen in Camp Arctica. A couple of years ago, she had this white (wedding?) dress. Long sleeved and high collared, it was perfect for her. She just looked so incredibly regal, even in the dust.
Todd in Seattle

Postby III » Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:48 am

two recent ones:

(both doomed to unrequitedness, i think, but still good ones anyways)

jezebelinhell & drowned_saved
III

Postby JezebelinHell » Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:53 am

I don't sleep with guys, ever, but thanks. You're definitely one of my favorite posters, even if I have no desire to make out with you behind the jungle gym.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby III » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:15 am

yeah, and i'm pretty sure drowned_saved is a guy, and i never sleep with em either (although i've been known to make out with em on occaision).

but i still like watching yalls's posts.
III

Postby JezebelinHell » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:25 am

Wait, if that counts as a crush then I have a crush on you, PJ, Zane, and Bob. That's not including the clever female posters that I actually HAVE crushes on.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby PJ » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:49 am

JezebelinHell wrote:...I have no desire to make out with you behind the jungle gym.

The best girls make out while hanging from the jungle gym.
PJ

Postby Kinetic » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:02 am

If a jungle gym is not available, a simple sling can be setup with very basic materials for very low cost....it's a lot easier for the girls than the jungle gym, but not quite the same visually.
Kinetic

Postby Angry Butterfly » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:44 pm

Lydia Love wrote:
Desert Duck, Head of recycling camp, I have no idea why I find him sexy

I find him sexy too - I had a wacky run in with him this year and *almost* got brave enough to mack on him a bit. I brought in pre-crushed cans and gifted him some vodka. I tell ya, the guy looked at me like I'd be good for dinner. It felt like a pretty sexy moment.

By the by - Blyslv - they were your cans - and taking 'em to recycling camp actually rawked. Thanks.

Once again, it's the kisses I didn't give that I regret.

Heh Heh Heh, I went riding with him yesterday, Damn, he his in good shape! He is about 10 years older than me and totaly kicked my ass! I am so sore I feel like I've been skiing. I told DD he made it on the crush list, and he was like "What is that?" and I had to explain it. Then he was like "How did you know it was me?" I told him it was the name, but the "He looked at me like I would be good for dinner" thing is really what made me sure it was the same guy. We made plans to do it again next week. I am gonna have to get in shape!
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Postby Lydia Love » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:48 pm

Heh Heh Heh, I went riding with him yesterday, Damn, he his in good shape! He is about 10 years older than me and totaly kicked my ass! I am so sore I feel like I've been skiing. I told DD he made it on the crush list, and he was like "What is that?" and I had to explain it. Then he was like "How did you know it was me?" I told him it was the name, but the "He looked at me like I would be good for dinner" thing is really what made me sure it was the same guy. We made plans to do it again next week. I am gonna have to get in shape!

Have fun! Hope he enjoys the notoriety.. or infamy as the case may be. Hell, tell him I'll drop by with more crushed cans and booze next year. I hopefully already have a date for crushing the cans.
Lydia Love

Postby drowned_saved » Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:48 am

III wrote:yeah, and i'm pretty sure drowned_saved is a guy

what gave me away?
drowned_saved

Postby irishdevil » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:44 pm

My crushes were:

A guy named Ash I met thourgh my friends Lily and her husband the night the man burned.

Lily's husband

A poi dancer named Cris

and of coruse Zen Devil....it's hard to find another devil these days
irishdevil

Postby Kinetic » Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:13 pm

My crushes are / were:
Michelle Mischievous and Das Bus
A certain anonymous but adjacent camper who spraypainted my hair purple and who I will never forget for many reasons.
Tiara, who is just one of the nicest people I've met anywhere, on playa or off. Why can't all my friends be like her attitude wise?
Precip...whom I've only run into on e-playa but I find so fascinating that I never skip anything she says, even if I don't like it or it goes against something I post.
Ivy, because of her dancing and costume talents, and there's something about her I just like.
And the Empress, just because.
I'll also add Olivia...all because of the avatar with the purple hair and a face that is unforgettable because she's beautiful.
Kinetic

Postby Angry Butterfly » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:56 pm

I went riding with DD again yesterday and he finished this really cool chopper bike, made me feel a little more comfortable about having my (souviner from the dot com era) racing bike with me. It usualy gets a lot of attention and the chopper took the heat off mine.
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Postby alice » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:06 am

they're not so much crushes as conquests waiting to happen:

raheer
rodent
dyna-lite
spanky!
joel
stuart
mymotherthinksimastanist

just to mention several.
bitch all you want - it won't change nothin.
alice

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion