Favorite Participants :

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Favorite Participants :

Postby EvilDustBooger » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:05 pm

It`s really easy to be a "participant" versus a "spectator" at BurningMan.
With a little imagination, you can dream up and execute some fabulous things to share with the community. Some people use tremendous resources and effort, and bring some unbelievable and huge things to the desert. I really enjoy all the zany stuff out there, but some of my favorite moments have been spent with the more local-low level fun that can be had all over the city. It`s really easy to share the simplest pleasures and have a real GAS doing it.

I thought I would start a thread to list some of your favorite paticipants at Burning Man.

One of the funnest things I saw last year (simplicity itself) was a guy dressed up in a purple Rhino-suit who would "finger-wrestle" other participants, ..and his girlfriend-wife-friend-sister-whatever.. would issue challenges, manage the crowd, referee...etc....It Was Hilarious!!! They drew a huge crowd, and it was so much fun to watch AND paticipate in.
Every once in a while he`d get pooped and take a little breather, while some other "Champion" took center stage for a while....I really loved it, and it was alot less blood than you`ll find at the thunderdome, but in my view...just as exciting.

Please feel free to list some of your favorites:
EvilDustBooger

Postby headquarters » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:01 pm

i liked the guy who rolled out a little grill into the middle of the playa and made really low quality grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone. like $0.79 loafs of bread and kraft singles with no butter on the bread. they sure tasted good though.
headquarters

Re: Favorite Participants :

Postby HughMungus » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:57 pm

Whoever setup the "Free Advice" booth. We met a cool couple that way.
HughMungus

Sake Bar

Postby Stilesfamily » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:08 am

Camp Coco Velvet in the Alternative Energy Zone, 5:00 and Jupiter, had a hot Sake bar on a cold evening and it was the best time. I could not really do it justice trying to describe it but let’s just say it involved a dentist chair, a syringe, nurses and a Kimono.
E Tu Brute?
Stilesfamily

Postby robbidobbs » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:29 am

The fun folks at Liver's End and Audacity Camp, for offering their camp as a chill space while I was on Poop Patrol, and volunteering to help with the Pottie Project.

The Rangers and the EMS Dept for their constant support, and sometimes a heart-felt hug when I needed one.

DPW in general for everything, it's the Dept I work with, and they've been on the whole super at puting up with my weirdness.

And finally, Sweethang, for being a wonderful manager.
robbidobbs

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Dept of Over-Engineering

My two favorites

Postby shaktiqueen » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:04 pm

The rooster guy who was so sweet and finally unveiled himself for me on the last day.

The guy who was walking around with the Klondike bars getting people to do silly things.
shaktiqueen

Re: My two favorites

Postby robbidobbs » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:31 pm

shaktiqueen wrote:The rooster guy who was so sweet and finally unveiled himself for me on the last day.

Now THERE'S a big cock!

Yah, Playa Chicken's a wonderful guy.
robbidobbs

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Dept of Over-Engineering

Join the party

Postby Trotsky » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:10 pm

I'm a first timer this year, and it's my hope to meet a lot of Purple Rhinos. The one negative I've heard is that it attracts too many people who come to WATCH but not participate. I'm really going to make an effort to be involved and am open to anyone's suggestions or tips on things you've seen that work.

Thanks!
Plan to:
Leave Oakland Sunday 8/27 -- drive to reno,
shop and sleep
Wake up Monday at 5am and drive to BRC for early arrival.
Trotsky

Postby Badger » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:18 pm

The one negative I've heard is that it attracts too many people who come to WATCH but not participate.

Aw, c'mon. Rhinos only have so many fingers to wrestle with.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Sean_til_Dawn » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:40 pm

NAMBLA the Clown.

I ran into him one night as himself, Ggreg Taylor. I still have his interesting card.

www.ggreg.com if anyone cares.
Sean_til_Dawn

Postby Lorgasm » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:46 am

It would have to be my first burn, 2002. My friend and I were chilling at our campsite. All of a sudden I can hear some guy on a loudspeaker start preaching about something. Trying to figure out what, I the realized it was about (of all things) WASABI! Then along comes a group of people, all dressed in green, coming into our tent. The leader, still on his bull horn, preaching the power of wasabi. He gives my friends some wasabi. I cannot handle that stuff. The group smiles, waves, and leaves. Since then I have experiences many other interesting participants but that one just came to mind once I read your question.

Wonder what will happen next.....
BOOBIES!!!
Lorgasm

Participating

Postby Katie1207 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:07 pm

I'm giving away homemade chocolate chip cookies. (If you ask real nice I MIGHT share the dough, too.) Fresh cookies will be available around dinner time when the day is cooling off... we're at 5:00 and Catharsis in the AEZ.

Cheers,
Katie
Katie1207

Playa Chicken immtators

Postby chrispburn » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:29 pm

Now I have to say, I don't know Playa Chicken personally, only from reading about him. But I must say, unless he has a number of chicken outfits, there are more than a few "cocks" roaming around the playa. I can't say which one was him, but they were differnent guys

No serioiusly, I saw a number of different chickens last year. Including one that was PLUCKED, no feathers, just nubby, rubbery skin... that was wrong, soo sooo wrong. and sooo disturbing.
chrispburn

Return to Get Involved!