First Timer - Seeking Cool Camp

First Timer - Seeking Cool Camp

Postby AgeOfAquarius » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:20 pm

Ok, I'm a Burner-virgin, but looking to hookup with a cool camp this year for Burning Man.

First off, how would I go about "joining" a camp, or being invited to a camp, and second, does anybody have any recommendations?

If you're involved with a camp, know that I'm a pretty handy guy, and I can do almost anything - welding, wiring, construction, computer programming (like you'd need it in the desert), turn a wrench, drive a nail, etc. I'm also very outgoing and spontaneous. More about me at http://www.webguru4hire.com if you're interested.

-=Be Cool=- :twisted:
The perception of reality is more powerful than reality itself. Control the perception, and you control reality.

AgeOfAquarius
AgeOfAquarius

Postby Clownsuit » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:29 pm

You're welcome to check out the Guns and Dope Party camp. We have a thread further down in the theme camp forum listing. The thread describes most of our views. If you have any questions feel free to contact me, or other GADP members.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
Clownsuit

Postby falk » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:48 am

OK, step 1: look for the regional burning man web pages and groups for your area. See who's recruiting. (It would help if we knew where you are.)

Step 2: look through this forum and see who's recruiting (such as, oh for example, the Guns and Dope camp).

I hear lamplighters is a good camp for newbies to join.

In short, you're on the right track.

Enjoy.
falk

Where I'm From

Postby AgeOfAquarius » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:56 am

Actually, I'm from North Texas. As to the idea of finding a regional group, that kinda occured to me, but didn't know quite how to go about it. I'm pretty sure there are burns and burners in Austin, Dallas and Houston - just a matter of finding them.

Someone also mentioned a site called tribe.net. I'm gonna go check it out... know anything about this one?
The perception of reality is more powerful than reality itself. Control the perception, and you control reality.

AgeOfAquarius
AgeOfAquarius

Return to 2005 Theme Camps