The Spirit Room seeks an image of St. Cecilia

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

The Spirit Room seeks an image of St. Cecilia

Postby mamasaid » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:26 pm

Madi here from the Spirit Room, aka BRC Performance Center.

So, I had an idea this morning while riding my bike over the GG bridge. I sing in this choir and we are performing Benjamin Britten's Blessed Cecilia, an homage to the patron saint of music. I am moved by this work, being the musician that I am.

At the same time, I am formulating ideas for The Spirit Room, BRC's Performance center where live music will reign. We are presenting a whole new set of musical experiences for your listening pleasure.

But wouldn't it be cool to have the Blessed St. Cecilia grace us with her presence? A shrine in her name?

So, I am looking for an artist who might like to create a backdrop, or a large scale painting, or some sort of rendering of her, with which to honor and evoke her presence. I am open to ideas, if this sort of thing interests you.
There will already be a shrine in the house, I am thinking she would preside over the whole room somehow...

your thoughts??

Madi
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire
mamasaid

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:55 am

When you said this I immediately thought of the Andrew Sisters' song... (And NO, I'm NOT that old!!!)

Found these for inspiration, maybe an idea or 2...

Check out this link...

http://gigibeads.net/prayerbeads/saints/cecilia.html

ANd then there's another with the actual tomb of St Cecilia (little drtailed but what a wallpiece it would make)...

http://roma.katolsk.no/cecilia.htm

BBS
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby robotland » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:31 am

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:When you said this I immediately thought of the Andrew Sisters' song... (And NO, I'm NOT that old!!!)

Or the Simon and Garfunkel.....Yer shakin' my confidence, baby!
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

esteem

Postby mamasaid » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:16 pm

I'd like to see her in a more powerful and esteemed position, as opposed to her tomb.!! but thanks for the link...

Still hoping to find someone to create an image of her likeness at this blessed space...

Madi
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire
mamasaid

Return to 2005 Art & Performance