Theme ??

Our 2005 theme explores psychology: self-expression, self-reflection and the unconscious power of dreams. Discuss.

Theme ??

Postby unjonharley » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:37 pm

Is there chance an outsider could suggest a theme and even get it concidered.
/Running to catch the last basket of the day
unjonharley

Postby Chai Guy » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:43 pm

My understanding is that the theme is Larry's contribution to the event. I've long held the belief that the event does not need a theme and that we'd be better off without one, but no one listens to me anyway.

P.S. I've heard that one sure way for a theme to NOT be considered is to suggest it to Larry.
Chai Guy

Postby blyslv » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:45 pm

I've long siad that the event would be better wi/o a theme. It doesn't need one. But I seem to be the only one saying that.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby unjonharley » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:54 pm

Guess I'll have my own theme. The Year of the Man.
unjonharley

Postby Chai Guy » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:09 pm

It doesn't need one. But I seem to be the only one saying that

Like I said, no one listens to me.
Chai Guy

Postby unjonharley » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:13 pm

Chai Guy wrote:

~
Damn I did'nt catch that one.
No wounder I could'nt get a cup of tea last year. Your a non person.
unjonharley

Re: Theme ??

Postby HughMungus » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:38 pm

unjonharley wrote:Is there chance an outsider could suggest a theme and even get it concidered.

Who pays attention to the theme, ever? I don't even know what last year's theme was. Who cares? Let's get back to basics, already.
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Re: Theme ??

Postby unjonharley » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:59 pm

DallasPlaya wrote:
unjonharley wrote:Is there chance an outsider could suggest a theme and even get it concidered.

Who pays attention to the theme, ever? I don't even know what last year's theme was. Who cares? Let's get back to basics, already.

The year before that the theme was"Byond Beleif" I built a electric chair on a eleltic chair. DMV refused me saying it was an electic chair. All you could see was the steering post of the electric wheel chair. Anyway the project was named " The Passage Byond ( Have a seat) "

This year to stay a litte within the given theme. I have`built a tower for "Annaul Retentive Camp. The tower will be a 6ft. BM man in a white coat with a butterfly net. Annaul retentive for LNT and the man with net to catch the loonys. I know no one will get it but it's my project to have fun with.
unjonharley

Postby unjonharley » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:01 pm

Hope the tower will help guide some of you damn drunks in the moonless night.
unjonharley

Postby Driveway » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:42 am

I think the theme is mostly just there to give the publicity some general design cohesion. And it gives 'em some way to justify whatever dealie he's standin' on this year.

I for one am much happier with "Psyche" than with "The Circus".

"What do you mean I can't bring my Tricycle Riding Polar Bear to the desert? During the day? He'll be at Camp fuckin' Arctica, what do you expect? He's a polar bear, the desert is fuckin' hot."
What is Driveway's Game?
Driveway

Ahem

Postby icarus » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:55 pm

Chai Guy wrote:

I listen, baby.
icarus

re:

Postby Haacked » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:23 am

Seems to me that the theme is for people like me who have trouble dealing with unlimited possibilities and find it helpful to focus creativity and ideas for costumes, etc... to a theme.
Haacked

Postby Stilesfamily » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:49 am

I agree with Haacked, I enjoy the focus, when there is one. I found beyond belief to be a little to vague, I mean your starting out with something that is beyond the belief of most of the default world so any direction you go from there seems to be fair game. I really enjoyed all the space oriented art last year, although I missed the face melting, Indiana Jones style, heat given off by the 2003 burning man temple. I will never get that close again. The theme does not seem to deter anyone from making something unrelated and those that need the focus to be creative thrive on it. I think it boils down to unwanted levels of bureaucracy for many people, and this is just another indication of it. I truly wish I could have been there for some of the earlier years, before the weekend warriors, before tickets, it must have been something…
E Tu Brute?
Stilesfamily

Postby AntiM » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:38 am

The theme this year happens to fit my mobile art project. I have a couple dozen heads I painted and then mounted onto the top of my 4wheelbike. Last year I called it "Heads in the Clouds." This year I have an additional dozen heads, and a tall cylindrical rack to mount them on, to be pulled behind on a trailer. Now it is the Head Trip followed by the Tower of Psychobabble.

I may have to make signs, hmm?
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Return to 2005 Theme