Look out for Malcolm

Our 2005 theme explores psychology: self-expression, self-reflection and the unconscious power of dreams. Discuss.

Look out for Malcolm

Postby kcora » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:00 pm

According to the TV.com, the new season premier of Malcolm in the Middle will be:

"The family attends the counterculture Burning Man festival in the desert."

I wonder if that means there may be some program reps there to make the show more realistic. Anyone hear anything on this?

Karen
kcora

Postby Dork » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:02 pm

As much of a fan as I am of that show, they don't go out of their way to be realistic. They'll collect the standard stereotypes about the event and use them to put the family into some rediculous situation that ends in a mob chasing them away.
Dork

You're Not The Boss Of Me

Postby robotland » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:37 am

Let me see if I can predict....Hal gets into a sticky situation at Jiffy Lube, while Reese is appointed DPW Youth Liason....Malcolm befriends Rev. Gadget, and by the closer is sporting a Stetson, guayabera and cop shades. Dewey has a harpsichord solo during a Mutaytor show. Francis gets his ass kicked by a grrl in Thunderdome. Lois unionizes the Cafe workers.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Re: You're Not The Boss Of Me

Postby Sandwichman » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:31 am

robotland wrote:Let me see if I can predict....Hal gets into a sticky situation at Jiffy Lube, while Reese is appointed DPW Youth Liason....Malcolm befriends Rev. Gadget, and by the closer is sporting a Stetson, guayabera and cop shades. Dewey has a harpsichord solo during a Mutaytor show. Francis gets his ass kicked by a grrl in Thunderdome. Lois unionizes the Cafe workers.

That right there is beautiful. I could easily watch that sort of a storyline with a good laugh.
oonsa oonsa for your feets click here
Sandwichman

Postby robotland » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:18 am

There REALLY needs to be an "Arrested Development" camp, so I can drive around in a stair car. (Actually, it'd be a great place to watch the Burn!)
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Malcolm

Postby Sk8GodFather » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:31 pm

Hey wait. Hal is a roller skater and a pretty good one too, Maybe he'll show up at the naked skate on Friday night and get wild
Sk8GodFather

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Black Rock Roller Disco

Re: You're Not The Boss Of Me

Postby ZaphodBurner » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:10 pm

Sandwichman wrote:
robotland wrote:Let me see if I can predict....Hal gets into a sticky situation at Jiffy Lube, while Reese is appointed DPW Youth Liason....Malcolm befriends Rev. Gadget, and by the closer is sporting a Stetson, guayabera and cop shades. Dewey has a harpsichord solo during a Mutaytor show. Francis gets his ass kicked by a grrl in Thunderdome. Lois unionizes the Cafe workers.

That right there is beautiful. I could easily watch that sort of a storyline with a good laugh.

The South Park episode had us rolling...

"Three new drum circles have sprouted up here, here, and here. They're all growing in diameter, at a rate of two hippies per hour."

-c
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

IS MINDFREAK A BLACK ROCK RIPOFF??

Postby madmatt » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:40 am

Ok, speaking of TV and BM, anyone see the photo gallery of this new show on A&E? http://www.crissangel.com/photos.php
Is it that this performance artist Criss Angel is a burner who is bringing some of our culture to the outside world. Or is it that he has ripped off the aesthetic and performances of some specific art and performances at BM? Should I be proud, or think it's totally lame?

Check out the pictures - he does Megavolt and Aquaboy on a dry desert lakebed surrounded by circus freaks.
madmatt

Re: IS MINDFREAK A BLACK ROCK RIPOFF??

Postby robotland » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:15 am

madmatt wrote:performance artist Criss Angel

Hairdye and Goth props doesn't change what he REALLY is....A MAGICIAN. "Illusionist", if you must....It sure does look as though he's either done The Event or his homework, if not both. Like many of the top magicians, it's really his closeup stuff that's the most amazing- I caught a little bit of business of his with a voodoo doll on A&E yesterday- Very clever! The big "rock video" production numbers, while spectacle, kinda bore me. (And I'm a magician!)
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby madmatt » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:45 pm

robotland wrote:
And I'm a magician!)

What special tricks do you concoct for Burning Man? Pulling a bunny dildo out of a fur top hat? Any special ones we can expect to see?
madmatt

Postby Driveway » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:41 am

Fox can't be so insane as to think that actually FILMING at burningman would be a good and/or legal idea, can they?
What is Driveway's Game?
Driveway

Postby robotland » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:11 am

madmatt wrote:
robotland wrote:
And I'm a magician!)

What special tricks do you concoct for Burning Man? Pulling a bunny dildo out of a fur top hat? Any special ones we can expect to see?

My specialty is The Vanishing Three Cases Of PBR....but if you're patient, and wait until the end of the week, I'll make the whole city DISAPPEAR!
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby madmatt » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:58 pm

Robotland said
My specialty is The Vanishing Three Cases Of PBR....but if you're patient, and wait until the end of the week, I'll make the whole city DISAPPEAR!

Haaaaahahahhahaha.
madmatt

Postby Kinetic IV » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:17 pm

Just three cases?
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby robotland » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:50 am

Kinetic IV wrote:Just three cases?

Oh...did you mean for the WEEK?
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Return to 2005 Theme