I Mother Fucking Can't Fucking Wait!

Our 2005 theme explores psychology: self-expression, self-reflection and the unconscious power of dreams. Discuss.

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:21 pm

Out upon it then. I miss you terribly. I can't wait to meet you. I've got so much to show you. If Burning Man didn't exist we would have to invent it just to become acquanted for a brief moment. Otherwise we run the risk of meeting in the default world where we will just take each other for granted. At work I feel peopled-out. I wants my peoples. I want my playa. I want that deep bone-rattling belly laugh back. I'm all yours.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Re: I Mother Fucking Can't Fucking Wait!

Postby HughMungus » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:06 pm

Looking forward to meeting you, too, brother. Looking forward to meeting everyone here and more. Stoked about this year not only because I have a lot more planned than in past years, but because I'm supposed to be bringing some virgins (some people I like a lot).

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:Out upon it then. I miss you terribly. I can't wait to meet you. I've got so much to show you. If Burning Man didn't exist we would have to invent it just to become acquanted for a brief moment. Otherwise we run the risk of meeting in the default world where we will just take each other for granted. At work I feel peopled-out. I wants my peoples. I want my playa. I want that deep bone-rattling belly laugh back. I'm all yours.
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Postby buckethead alien » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:28 am

I hear ya, Mister. The Bucketmen are going to track you down.
Buckethead, Buckethead you are like an Alien
Buckethead, Buckethead your head is like a dish
Buckethead, Buckethead sometimes you wear the Maybelline
Buckethead, Buckethead sometimes you're full of fish
buckethead alien

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:27 am

As are BBS... we be lookin' for fellow (e)Playa Pirates!! >>giggles<<

It's gonna be an awesome year.
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby blyslv » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:58 am

This time next year we'll be saying it was the best last year!
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby robotland » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:03 am

I'm even looking forward to the drive!! (2,050 miles.)
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby unjonharley » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:21 am

Knickes in a knot here also.
/Running to catch the last basket of the day
unjonharley

Postby unjonharley » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:22 am

Knickers
unjonharley

Postby stuart » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:08 pm

Word!
call me baby
stuart

Postby Captain Goddammit » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:50 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:As are BBS... we be lookin' for fellow (e)Playa Pirates!! >>giggles<<

I was gonna skip this year... but screw it, the Playa Cruiser will sail!
And since I'm pretty much defecting from my camp, it's basically a pirate ship now...
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Fuck The Vehicle Passes

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:17 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Bay Bridge Sue wrote:As are BBS... we be lookin' for fellow (e)Playa Pirates!! >>giggles<<

I was gonna skip this year... but screw it, the Playa Cruiser will sail!
And since I'm pretty much defecting from my camp, it's basically a pirate ship now...

Hoist the Jolly Rodger and stab a sword windward! I want my fucking margarita and I'm gonna talk like a pirate until it's frosty in my hook!

The rest of you skallywags: I want to smear Skippy Super Chunk on your pretty faces and lick it off like a grizzly bear after an Iggy Pop concert.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby robotland » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:25 am

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:[The rest of you skallywags: I want to smear Skippy Super Chunk on your pretty faces and lick it off like a grizzly bear after an Iggy Pop concert.

And I want to smear peanut butter on Iggy Pop's face after a Country Bears concert!
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:51 pm

robotland wrote:
Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:[The rest of you skallywags: I want to smear Skippy Super Chunk on your pretty faces and lick it off like a grizzly bear after an Iggy Pop concert.

And I want to smear peanut butter on Iggy Pop's face after a Country Bears concert!

I'm gonna wake your ass up again for that one. Just kidding.
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Will » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:49 pm

robotland wrote:I'm even looking forward to the drive!! (2,050 miles.)

Where are you coming from? What is your mode of transportation?
Will

Postby robotland » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:42 am

I'm coming from the Center of the Earth- Just north of Kalamazoo, Michigan. My mode of transportation will be Honda Element, stuffed with three domes, two coolers, a bunch o' art fixins, a hundred or two beers and some agua.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Ash_ » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:07 pm

YARGH

Take me.
A nomad's happy spasm. Hunting for desert orgasms.
Ash_

Postby Conradaroma » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:25 pm

yes, getting giddy.

very giddy indeed.
Teleportation Now!
Conradaroma

Postby Winsurf » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:26 pm

Argg I gotta breathe like the air is free again. Feel the yoke of the establishment disappear. Absorb some thing that is real not from some platform of crushing restraint. Free to be who I wish. :P
Winsurf

Postby HughMungus » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:24 pm

1700 each way here.
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Postby robotland » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:50 am

DallasPlaya wrote:

1700 each way here.

Goes right by, doesn't it? (Except for Iowa.) Last year, the only time I got stuck in traffic was on the return trip, two miles from home. MDOT stands for Mass Disruption Of Transportation.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby HughMungus » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:15 am

robotland wrote:
DallasPlaya wrote:

1700 each way here.

Goes right by, doesn't it? (Except for Iowa.) Last year, the only time I got stuck in traffic was on the return trip, two miles from home. MDOT stands for Mass Disruption Of Transportation.

Yeah, depends on who you go with. Driving alone sucks but is bearable. This year I'm taking a few friends so the drive should be a lot more fun (in fact, one reason I want an RV instead of a trailer is to make the DRIVE easier since I could get by with just a trailer if we didn't have such a long drive). We were going to drive straight thru (with stops only for gas) but I'm adding a 5-hour sleep stop in there because I'm such a bad passenger and doubt I'll be able to sleep while others are driving.

The only time I've had problems with traffic is in Salt Lake City, but, we're not going that way again (taking the more-direct, flat, boring route instead of the scenic route thru Colorado). Don't want to try to push an RV up and down mountains.
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Postby Kinetic IV » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:30 am

I read that post as you're bypassing Salt Lake City? If so how do you plan to do it? If you're coming in on I-80 you could take I-84 North at the end of Echo Canyon which offers a lower grade descent than the drop from Parley's Summit does but it adds a few more miles to do it that way. That's the route Fed Ex Ground dispatches their trucks going to SLC..it helps cut down on fuel costs or so they say.

As for me it's 1650 miles one way to get there. I allow some sleep time but I try to stage things so if I'm taking I-70 I'm on the ridge overlooking Denver and the Front Range or at the Exit 440 rest area in Wyoming on I-80 at sunrise. And I usually find myself entering Salt Lake City at sunset...in 3 years of trying I have yet to see the lake as it's always dark. My timing sucks, but not for a lack of trying.

And this year I have satellite radio! No more wearing out the scan buttons on the stereo on the drive out and back!
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby EvilDustBooger » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:32 am

Kinetic IV wrote:...in 3 years of trying I have yet to see the lake as it's always dark.

..For me Salt Lake City is a huge smoggy atrocity. Something to get through in order to reach the desert.
..But the Lake is pretty enough during the day, very blue looking, ...and kind of mysteriously hazy and heat wavey...and massive...kinda feels like staring at the sea..
...what I like is the "taste" of the air as you go by...very salty.
...This year I`m going to stop and make a mural beside the highway with rocks and odds and ends we find on the salt plains.....
EvilDustBooger

Postby AntiM » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:40 pm

Ah, you forgot to mention "lake stink," that wonderful organic stench.

The lake is at a higher level than it has been for the past eight years or so. The salt flats may be salt lakes once again.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby drakewayson » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:24 pm

Speaking for 2 newbies coming from Florida (Major Roosevelt and Cheryl) we are both very excited that the first year we have ever been to BRC will be the best in history.

With folks like Jellyfish, these "post-ers" and the Kernul we can already tell that we have been missing something for years now.

And remember....visit Apokiliptika...or suffer the consequences....

Bully!!

Your former President and now cheerfully only a Major in the Apokiliptikan Marine Corps

Theodore Roosevelt
I look just like Teddy Roosevelt except I'm taller, heavier, have no moustache and am much younger. Bully!
drakewayson

Postby ibdave » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:28 pm

While stuck in the daily rush hour on I-580 in Livermore, Ca. This morning a Black Subaru crawled past me.. It was COVERED in PLAYA DUST. I want to pull closer and reach out to feel, taste, and sniff it all in.
Thanks to the driver for making my day..........
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby robotland » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:23 am

I dragged out my biggest canvas tarp yesterday, and hung it on the dome to air out....It was PACKED with playadust and was releasing it in very playa-like puffs and drifts. Soon I had Genuine Bushman Hair again, and the starts of some wicked Nose Tators. *sigh* 50 days........
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby EvilDustBooger » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:59 am

>..Did Someone call for EviLLe DustBooger?
...Oh,..Wicked NoseTater

Sorry
EvilDustBooger

Postby unjonharley » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:24 am

EvilDustBooger wrote:>..Did Someone call for EviLLe DustBooger?
...Oh,..Wicked NoseTater

Sorry

~
Snot rockets to you, Sir
unjonharley

Postby robotland » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:41 am

unjonharley wrote:
EvilDustBooger wrote:>..Did Someone call for EviLLe DustBooger?
...Oh,..Wicked NoseTater

Sorry

~
Snot rockets to you, Sir

That's MISTER Snot Rockets!
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Next

Return to 2005 Theme