Rideshare

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Rideshare

Postby SIEKK » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:32 pm

I can't seem to locate a 2005 Rideshare board. Is this no longer offered or am I merely too early..
SIEKK

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:28 am

the latter
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:50 pm

for information on rideshare check out this website
www.blackrockburnerhostel.com/rideshare

hagey is da man...hell take good care of ya

Postby SIEKK » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:04 am

Spectacular, thank you. After thriving on the dream of Burningman for years, I can finally attend. My parents are still opposed to it as they've been since I started pestering them years ago. Fortunately, I graduate this year and turn eighteen a mere two days before the event. Unfortunately, this may cause some transportation issues but I'll be damned if I don't get there somehow. :D

While I've been busy planning costumes, gifts, etc. I don't think I'm prepared for a full scale theme camp this year so perhaps this Black Rock Internationial Burner Hostel may be able to accomodate. How early should I plan on contacting someone concerning lodging?
SIEKK

Postby gladeye » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:59 am

Is the rideshare board also the place to go if you need a rideshare for some of your STUFF? I can't leave for BM until probably Wednesday of the event and will have to fly from L.A. to Reno, where I'll grab a rental car at the airport. I need to pay someone some gas/trouble money to drive up my bike, tent, and a couple smallish boxes of other gear. It's never too early to bring it up, so if anyone thinks they might be able to help, you can help you can email me at colorforms@comcaset.net.

P.S. Please be honest and not steal my things. :)
"Madness is the first sign of dandruff" - Dr. Winston O'Boogie
gladeye

from az to the burn

Postby cactusman » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:51 am

Im looking for anyone who needs a ride from the phoenix metro area and you share fuel expences i have room for up to four persons. couples perfered. just email me thanks cactusman
cactusman
cactusman

Postby killercrash26 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:55 pm

Im also looking for anyone who might need a ride from Indiana, or maybe somewhere along the trail. Im still seein if anyone was also gonna help share expenses...hit me up
-Crash
'You buy the ticket...you take the ride'
killercrash26

rideshare - need ride from Sillycon Valley

Postby discoburner » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:53 pm

Would love to hitch a ride with someone in a Suburban ( OOOH is that bad karma?) or such. I can pay half your gas plus consideration (?).
There are two of me [1 over 35, 1 under 18], and a few of you?

We are located in the Santa Clara Valley- willing to travel to you....

Why?
Good travel buddies- lots of cross country experience. I can drive (the other definitely cannot- no matter what amount of begging it does). Good co-pilot skills, change cd's, shuttle snacks, and play games. Or, option b). remain practically silent.

reply off board please :)
discoburner

Postby M Joe Boss » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:43 pm

WOW, Disco burner I wish I were in that neck of the woods, just for the type of company. The post was phenominal and is sure to attract many takers , as it was fricken hysterical
M Joe Boss

Postby M Joe Boss » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:02 pm

Leaving PDX, not sure what day, early though, want to be there by sunday night hopefully and will not leave until monday after the event between noon and 3 pm. Thinking about possibly taking one or two people from around Pdx to offset my fuel costs. I would definately prefer somebody who is clean, and self aware. I realize that sounds really bad but it is one of very few hang-ups I have. I am not sure what is going to happen but I would love to hear from you . Lend me your thoughts. Male, female, age irrelevant. Somebody who travels light and has there own camping plans is. I would also like the opportunity to meet more PDX burners. And it would be nice to have some company for the trip.
M Joe Boss

offering Ride from Utah to DPW Memorial Day wkend cleanup

Postby byebyelye » Mon May 09, 2005 10:44 pm

I am driving from NY to SF beginning May 15, and will be in Utah May 19-26 touring Moab/Arches and Zion/Bryce Canyon. If anyone needs a ride to the DPW cleanup weekend May 27-30th, get in touch. Best to call since I hardly ever check this noticeboard. My cell number is (philadelphia area code) two six two six ninehundred.

Ciao!
Lye
byebyelye

Santa Fe, Alba-qork-ee NM burners? Looking for a ride.

Postby hrothgar » Tue May 10, 2005 2:30 pm

I am a 7 time NYC burner but, weirdly, I will be in Al-bo-kirky (sorry, that’s city’s name is unspellable) New Mexico the weekend the event starts (the 27th). Anyone in the Al-boo-corky or Santa Fe area looking for a car mate to split gas, etc, with? My only needs are enough to space to carry provisions from Reno to the desert (my big gear will alreay be there thanks to the SF badasses who make up my camp: Camp Runamok. We have the big Silver Fish Van. You know us.). I am looking to go up anywhere from the Sunday to the Tuesday before the burn.
hrothgar

english girl looking for a lift!

Postby kirsten » Sat May 14, 2005 5:21 pm

from almost anywhere west coast. am pretty flexible, ideally san francisco kind of way? i'm 24 friendly can pay toward gas and drive just need to get out toi burning man and don't want to hitch with water food etc!! please help
kirsten

Re: Santa Fe, Alba-qork-ee NM burners? Looking for a ride.

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon May 16, 2005 9:09 am

hrothgar wrote:Al-bo-kirky (sorry, that’s city’s name is unspellable)
Hrothgar--I'm no expert at Old Norse and that has letters that I'm not sure of, but Albuquerque conforms to Spanish spellings that we who grew up in the West get used to. I was able to get that with only one letter off, a good record for me.

Just sayin"
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Ride share boards canceled

Postby Gothalot » Thu May 19, 2005 12:24 pm

Due to budget constraints the Ride-share bulletin boards have been canceled. Like the Gazette. We're not bitter we just started a new newspaper, welcome the Black Rock Beacon.
Media Mecca Volunteer / Spikes Vampire Bar Mgr
Gothalot

Postby pappapigg » Thu May 19, 2005 12:48 pm

There is a ride-share bulletin board, it's just very hard to find.
Go to calendars on the main BM website, go to the month of august, find the listing for the Burning Man Festival, and enter. Finally, you will find a link that reads: ride share for this event.
There it is, enter and view the listings, there aren't that many yet, but hopefully, this post will help people find it.
Seeya in about 107 days!
Be good...or be discreet
pappapigg

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu May 19, 2005 12:56 pm

Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Elemental666 » Thu May 19, 2005 7:48 pm

I can't login to that link phishster, am I missing something?
Elemental666

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri May 20, 2005 11:08 am

possibly. Did you try from the main site? Or maybe when you say log in you mean that it's not accepting yet. I don't participate on either side, so I don't know how it works. Sorry.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby spectabillis » Tue May 24, 2005 1:35 pm

Ok, there is a strange bug.

On http://www.burningman.com/preparation/r ... share.html there are the 3 options of ADD, SEARCH, and Year Round Calendar - I started with ADD and SEARCH and was forewarded to a login request page.

Then I returned to the original page and chose Year Round Calendar and correctly got the calendar page without login request.

Now, I return to ADD and SEARCH and ... no login request page, I get the right ADD and SEARCH pages. I have yet to clear my page and cookie cache's and try it again, but there is a bug.

So it works, but I guess you just have to traverse the links in the right order. Spanky, the admin in charge of that, has been notified and is aware of it. It has been escalated.
spectabillis

Return to 2011 Share Resources